Sniper Update Coming Next, To Be The Largest TF2 Update

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
Valve just announced in a new post in Team Fortress 2 official blog, that the Sniper update is shaping up to be the largest Team Fortress 2 update with multiple new maps and a bunch of gameplay tweaks, and no it's not gonna include that pee jar it was an April Fool joke, get over it.

The next class pack will focus on the Sniper. It's actually shaping up to be the largest TF2 update yet, with multiple new maps and a bunch of gameplay tweaks. In addition, we've got another update in the works that should be done before the Sniper, and that one will include some new content for all classes.

They also revealed that there is an update that should be done before the Sniper update, and that one will include some new content for all classes.[br]

The XBox 360 update is still being worked on, and if you're wondering what's taking so long...

The original version of TF2 in the Orange Box was very close to the XBox's memory limit, and all the additional TF2 content we've produced has pushed well beyond it. We've found a couple of nifty ways to get back a bunch of that memory, but it's turned out to be a lot of work, and that's what most of our time is being spent on. In the meantime, we're going to get a code update out to address the server cheating that's going on.

What kind of Unlockables do you think we will have?

Something which will affect all classes? It can't be grenades...well at least I hope its not. I'm desperate to know what it is...

obviously they suck because they put so much content in their content that it won't fit on xbox... ;(

If only they got rid of all this new content, then maybe they could bring it to the xbox. so lame. etc.

PS. Every class now gets concs to rocket themselves around the map.

I'm still betting on the jarate...
after bonk I believe in anything

I would leave to see some references to the pee jar in the update. Don't really care about the unlocks, just very much looking forward to the incredible stacking of snipers and new maps.

God, i hope not more class gimping. Another CTF map wouldn't hurt.

"Largest update" is exciting news, even though Sniper is my least played class there is still "multiple maps" and "gameplay tweaks" to enjoy, plus I get to play Spy :devil:

Something which will affect all classes? It can't be grenades...well at least I hope its not. I'm desperate to know what it is...
Yeah same. I've come up with visual effects (like the overheal effect) or UI changes (like a minimap) but neither of those feel right for the word "content".

Edit: Saw a suggestion for new taunts, voice commands and/or animations which would be nice but I can't help the feeling that it will be something that has a direct impact on gameplay.

Sniper has always been my favourite and the 'perfect' class to me but I reckon this will totally ruin it.

This sounds great, after every update i start playing TF2 again for a few weeks. At this point tho im desperate for some Episode 3 news. Really hope E3 has a showing.

Hopefully the prior update is something to offset the sniper. I can't wait to see two full teams of snipers on the battlements on 2fort. That will be oh so much fun.

For a pyro. :D

I wonder if they are going to expand the Bonus Points section of the scores, it seems silly just to have to have it for the scout alone.

I don't get the update, the Sniper snipes, hes good at it, what else does he need?.

Didn't valve originally only mean for a few classes to get updates to make them playable and stuff?.

Now its like they think every class has to have an update no matter how pointless it'll be.

Oh well, at least we know Valve is working on something.

Shame it isn't episode 3.

Alternate clothing? Female models?

Dun dun duuuuuuun.

I'm a little upset TF2 is slowly moving away from the simple fun it was.

I'm fairly mixed toward the updates. Overall, I'm glad for them and prefer having them, but it's kind of like we lost the game we once had. There was something more pure and clean about the TF2 we had a year ago. Yes, I've enjoyed every update, but I sometimes wish I could go back to it. It's like a bunch of different versions of the same game, each having their own distinct feel, despite not having huge differences. I want to play beta TF2 sometimes, and sometimes I want to play medic TF2. In the end, this is what we've got and it's better, but we will always have nostalgia for the game we had before, whether it's inferior or not.

^Agreed.

Don't care about the sniper very much, it will be a fun week spyin' though :)
... Unless they invent some update for the sniper that helps prevent spy attacks :|

I look forward to the updates. They breathe new life into the game and create ridiculously funny situations.

Overall I don't think the updates changed the game all that much since the classes still do their primary roles just as well.

Oh, quit being afraid of change, you guys. "It moves away from the simple fun we had", how is it more complicated? Too many moving things scare you?

There better be a new Meet The ... video. They can't stop those now!

EDIT: and one other word: Hunted.

Wonder what it will be like? Yay more hackers on the free weekend with the update!

I look forward to the updates. They breathe new life into the game and create ridiculously funny situations.

Overall I don't think the updates changed the game all that much since the classes still do their primary roles just as well.

Scouts, no.

I thought Scouts were still annoying as f*ck?

Oh, quit being afraid of change, you guys. "It moves away from the simple fun we had", how is it more complicated? Too many moving things scare you?
You don't miss the completely untampered with TF2 we used to have at all? There was something a little bit more clean and straight forward to it, you have to admit. Regardless, I still pretty much agree with you, and I generally appreciate all the content we've gotten.
There better be a new Meet The ... video. They can't stop those now!

EDIT: and one other word: Hunted.
I'm also really hoping for/looking forward to another 'Meet the', it's been too long :D

As for hunted, I would definitely not get my hopes up if I were you.
Wonder what it will be like? Yay more hackers on the free weekend with the update!
wat
Scouts, no.
Disagree. The scout, if anything, has become more of a scout with the update. Yeah, the Sandman's a little unbalanced (it'll be fixed eventually), but Bonk and FAN are what the scout is all about.

QUOTING SPREE!

To an extent, the pyro's compression blast is not what the class was about originally. Same with ubersaw.

I don't get the update, the Sniper snipes, hes good at it, what else does he need?.

They haven't even revealed what he's going to get, how can you say that?

Didn't valve originally only mean for a few classes to get updates to make them playable and stuff?.

I don't ever recall hearing that. They are going to revamp every class one by one like they have been.

Now its like they think every class has to have an update no matter how pointless it'll be.

It's not pointless, the whole idea is to provide a change up in gameplay and offer slight rewards for the people that take the time to complete the achievements. It's offering continued support and content to their games to maintain a good player base.

Oh well, at least we know Valve is working on something.

Shame it isn't episode 3.
Valve is divided into multiple teams. They ARE working on Episode 3 and have been for a long time. Don't be dissing Valve like that when ya don't know what you are talking about.

/doneVenting :hmph:

New spy achievement, "Domino"

Backstab five snipers in a row on the battlements of 2fort.

You don't miss the completely untampered with TF2 we used to have at all?

I don't ever recall hearing that. They are going to revamp every class one by one like they have been.
"We always planned to continue evolving TF2 after shipping, but it wasn't planned that we'd focus on class updates," says Walker. Shortly after launch, his team immediately set about the task of releasing frequent, smaller updates to the game via Valve's Steam service. These updates made subtle improvements to gameplay and performance but didn't garner much attention or draw many new players to the game. Eventually, theteam switched tactics, focusing instead on releasing larger chunks of high-profile content featuring tangible changes to each of the game's character classes, in addition to minor bug-fixes and balance tweaks.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/issues/issue_185/5668-Storming-the-Fortress

This is great news 2 patch's to look forward to. Can't wait to see what these updates to all classes is going to be. Now all I need is some info on EP 3 and I would be a very happy camper.

Yes my favourite class!

Even better so many noobs to countersniper, it will be like shooting australians in a barrel.

Not quite sure why you quoted me there, Operational.

I reckon that all the classes will get a selection of clothes to make each person more unique

Back