Sniper Update Coming Next, To Be The Largest TF2 Update

Because they want to see scantily clad women participate in battles to the death!

...wait...

Just talking about dressing up female characters is sounding a little non-masculine is all I'm sayin'

To an extent, the pyro's compression blast is not what the class was about originally. Same with ubersaw.

Yes. But to an extent the pyro was needing something. He was all I played before the update and he was a free kill for most classes. Back then I would be the only pyro on the team and I enjoyed it. Now I don't play him anymore because too many people do.

Not quite sure why you quoted me there, Operational.
Because I forgot to write what I wanted to say ;)

You don't miss the completely untampered with TF2 we used to have at all?
Yeah sometimes. But a large part of that might just be nostalgia for when I didn't know as much about TF2 as I know now, eg every class was a new experience, I hadn't heard most of the character lines before, etc

Another large part of it that the game evolves even without updates/patches. When I think of those early days I have fond memories of how feared Heavy-Medic combos were. "Heavy-Medic around that corner" and everyone would be like "OMG we're screwed". People stopped acting like that well before the Medic Update. It's an evolution in player skill and understanding, which Valve well knows.
It’s been really fun watching the online communities go through a micro version of the passage we’ve all gone through here. It’s like, “Oh, they’re all at the Heavy/Medic phase! They’re soon going to get to the, Holy crap, Snipers kick the crap out of that phase!” They’re saying, “This is too powerful,” and we’re thinking, “Well next week you’re going to find that this destroys that.” It’s really fun to see.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2007/10/03/rps-team-fortress-2-interview-part-2/

And then there are the nerfs and buffs that just had to happen for balance. Soldier being my favourite combat class I sometimes miss "Soldier Fortress 2" but I recognise that his nerfs (and some of the other classes buffs) were needed to level out the viability of all classes.
Plus there is still the Soldier update to come ;)

Yeah, where's our goddamn vidoes?

Back