So...0 bugs yet!?

But... who cares? I'll sleep better when I have my copy...

Not that I lose sleep over this ... just making a point.

so what prompted you guys to email gabe about the release date? has something emerged that has excited you to no end?? ... we need a release date ... at least that will decrease the suicide rate of HL2 fans a LITTLE bit

Platinum said:
so what prompted you guys to email gabe about the release date? has something emerged that has excited you to no end?? ... we need a release date ... at least that will decrease the suicide rate of HL2 fans a LITTLE bit
16 days ago he said "In 16 days the game will be bug free" or something like that. Well obviously not bug free, but worthy of being sent to Vivendi. We're just trying to find out what the situation is now..

ooooh sweet ... thx ... yeah, we need a release date ... possibly they will pull out a miracle that gives us a date around late august or early september ... SOOOOO sweet ... maybe , but doubt it ... :cat: :bounce: :borg:

like i said ... if half life dos doesnt go dorado in veinte quatro horas ... im buying a plane ticket to SEATTLE WASHINGTON !!! W00T :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: sniper: :sniper: :flame: :flame:

You apparently like smileys, huh?

By the way, you forgot a colon on one of the snipers.

i don't know what i'd do without my colon....

Hopefully they'll announce the Gold at least...

Why don't u all quit emailing the hell outta him... he probably is just trying to make a living and doesnt give a rats ass. Its pretty pathetic if you ask me, acting like you and Gabe are best buds and such. Just let them finish. I think they get the clue that hl2 is very anticipated........ and they dont need a ton of annoying ass emails.

Alec_85 said:
Hopefully they'll announce the Gold at least...

Course they will. What, you want people to burn down valve's offices? ;)

soo thats y they reply to them...huh?

Gabe thinks the e-mails are a way of improving the game and such from our views

example of a common he email he probably receives...

Hey Gabe, just a quick ?. Is there any bugs?? Whens the release? Huh, HUh? Can i try it early?

That translated to me says "Hey Gabe im a douchebag that loves to pester the shit out of you because I have no life.. atleast beyond this screen"

Im sure development goes ALOT smoother after he reads emails like that

He said that they'd be no bugs in 16 days, providing that they found and fixed bugs at the rate they had previously. It was pretty much a estimate. They could have got to 0 bugs in more or less days, it wasn't a cast-iron statement that the RC would be ready.

The delays really dont bother me i mean **** happens u know..... and im sure if it was released at its original original date it wouldnt be nearly as good as it will be here soon

wait, I just got home and I'm all confused now. You guys are all talking about HL2 going gold and RC's being sent to Vivendi. I'm aware of the comment that Doug made about them sending an RC around about today, but what happened with that? I'm lost D:

i would think if they had reached a RC they wouldn't tell us as to not raise hopes to high and instead wait until it goes Gold to say anything so im guessing a copy of the RC might be at Vivendi getting tested.

Pitbul said:
i would think if they had reached a RC they wouldn't tell us as to not raise hopes to high and instead wait until it goes Gold to say anything so im guessing a copy of the RC might be at Vivendi getting tested.

I would agree. Since most games take more than one RC, I highly doubt Valve will be saying anything even if the RC is at VU right now. Not until gold do I think they'll say a word.

Someone said:
I would agree. Since most games take more than one RC, I highly doubt Valve will be saying anything even if the RC is at VU right now. Not until gold do I think they'll say a word.

Well Half-Life 1 didn't and the same dedication seems to have gotten through in Half-Life 2.

It's pretty impressive you can fix all bugs in the first RC. It shows real dedication to making sure it's done.

Presuming that they sent RC to the publishers on time (yesterday) its going to take a few days (at least) till the RC is signed off as a gold master

FISKER_Q said:
Well Half-Life 1 didn't and the same dedication seems to have gotten through in Half-Life 2.

It's pretty impressive you can fix all bugs in the first RC. It shows real dedication to making sure it's done.

Man I hope so. One RC would be good, but still, most games DO take more than one (Gabe states that somewhere in the info thread I believe). And HL2 is certainly much much more complex than HL1. So, just trying to be a bit realistic with this.

But we can all hope one RC will do the trick....I certainly hope so..

If they do manage to go to 0 bugs in the first RC then ... I will write "valve" on a piece of paper and scan it so you all know I did.. HAH!

ive told you guys before..they are all holed up playing Doom 3 deathmatch...no doubt about it!!

This games never coming out! :D

obiwanquinobi said:
ive told you guys before..they are all holed up playing Doom 3 deathmatch...no doubt about it!!

This games never coming out! :D

if that were true, all of hl2.net should take a road trip to seattle and murder every one of them.

not because the games coming out, but because theyre playing d3 mp.

Someone said:
Man I hope so. One RC would be good, but still, most games DO take more than one (Gabe states that somewhere in the info thread I believe). And HL2 is certainly much much more complex than HL1. So, just trying to be a bit realistic with this.

But we can all hope one RC will do the trick....I certainly hope so..

I don't know about games but yeah normally it goes through 2-4 RC releases. But lets hope for the best, although i get the impression it's possible since i hear from ign the game was playing very well when they visited g-phoria.

guinny said:
if that were true, all of hl2.net should take a road trip to seattle and murder every one of them.

not because the games coming out, but because theyre playing d3 mp.

LOL ... ;)

Bet your life on it matey!

FISKER_Q said:
I don't know about games but yeah normally it goes through 2-4 RC releases. But lets hope for the best, although i get the impression it's possible since i hear from ign the game was playing very well when they visited g-phoria.

Yeah, the game was basically done when it was played at G-Phoria, so I doubt that there are any glaring bugs in the game. Let's hope for one RC, it will probably be silent until it goes gold though.

i bet it takes 2 RC releases, if i'm wrong... well... i'll.... eat my hat, and to prove that i did i will scan you in a picture of me after eating the hat just so you know i did

So what sort of timescale are we looking at here?

Say vivendi passes the first RC in a week, from today (optimism :cheese:). That would take us to August 14th. Give vivendi, say, three weeks to burn and distribute CD's and we could be looking at HL2 on September 4th!!

Of course, that's two optimistic. Lets be pessimistic for a while. Vivendi hates the first 4 RC's valve sends, passing HL2 for gold on the 11th September. Then they take 4 weeks for distribution (they're lazy) and we see HL2 on the 6th of October.

Now logic dictates that Realism is somewhere between Optimism and Pessimism, so let's work it out. Halfway between 4th September and 9th October is 18th September!!! That's my bet!

jabberwock95 said:

Say vivendi passes the first RC in a week, from today (optimism :cheese:). That would take us to August 14th. Give vivendi, say, three weeks to burn and distribute CD's and we could be looking at HL2 on September 4th!!

Of course, that's two optimistic. Lets be pessimistic for a while. Vivendi hates the first 4 RC's valve sends, passing HL2 for gold on the 11th September. Then they take 4 weeks for distribution (they're lazy) and we see HL2 on the 6th of October.

Now logic dictates that Realism is somewhere between Optimism and Pessimism, so let's work it out. Halfway between 4th September and 9th October is 18th September!!! That's my bet!
Can I stab him?

jabberwock95 said:

My timescale ends up in 14th september->5th october.

We shouldn't be counting on everything goes down the drain, and the Vampire Bloodlines date is 12th october.

Half-Life 2 should atleast be released a week before, and the current timeframe from valve is mid-september to late-september. So they can do a weeks worth of screwups, which i think is the most if any they will make.

EVIL said:
Can I stab him?

actually his logic is far from flawed and probly makes the best sense. im guessing no earlier then 18'th, which BTW is a "decent" estimate of a possible release date.

Back