So...0 bugs yet!?

Actually I wasn't commenting @ his post or whatever, I just want to stab him.. Whats wrong with that!

EVIL said:
Actually I wasn't commenting @ his post or whatever, I just want to stab him.. Whats wrong with that!

*jabberwock95 runs and hides from strange and scary people

Is it safe to come out?

well the longer HL2 takes the more people will become strange and scary people.....BEWARNED VAVLE!

I somehow have a sick feeling, valve wants to make the release shelf date september 30th... because he likes sick jokes and watching us squirm...

genocide604 said:
I somehow have a sick feeling, valve wants to make the release shelf date september 30th... because he likes sick jokes and watching us squirm...
If I had already missed a September 30th ship date, I wouldn't say "It's going out on September 30th" again. What do you think it would happen if they missed that date twice? :)

Jarman said:
If I had already missed a September 30th ship date, I wouldn't say "It's going out on September 30th" again. What do you think it would happen if they missed that date twice? :)

The usual.... not much.

We'd have a rash of people doing the typical "Valve is teh suxx they lie" threads..... 14 pages of flaming, then an admin locking the thread down. Kinda like what we have right now. :)

Beast206 said:
The usual.... not much.

We'd have a rash of people doing the typical "Valve is teh suxx they lie" threads..... 14 pages of flaming, then an admin locking the thread down. Kinda like what we have right now. :)
When a game is never coming out, we say "It's a Duke Nukem Forever".
If Valve missed it twice and a company (any company) announced a doubtful release date after that, we would say "Sure, it's coming out on September 30th" :LOL:

Yup, i have the news. They are going to release HL2 on 9/11, and they are throwing in a special mod on this special day.

The mod is called Terrorist-Down (TD), you are playing a man that was an Ex-Marine that found information about a terrorist attack, you accidently found out whats going to happen, when its going to happen, how its gonna happen. The date is 9 september, and you have 2 days to stop this attack. The problem is, the police thinks you are making a joke, and they arent taking you serious. So its up to you to stop these guys. The action will take place in streets ( like city17 ), where you have to stop those terrorists, and at the airport. But everything works with time. Fast and high speed action mod. If you are too late and you see the plane flying away from the airport, that means you are too late. But unfortunetly you can only try to stop one of these planes, because you never knew about the other planes. But if you really want to give it a happy ending: use the manipulator weapon by using cheats, and use the weapon to control the planes and land it safely on the ground. :)

As for the multiplayer part: You can play DM, TDM and CTF. You have maps like WTC-roof, WTC-subfloor, TD-Airport and many many other maps. You will have very cool and special weapons. And you also have a fun part in the MP, its a special 1vs1 battle called ManiThrow ( Manipulator-Throwing ), you and your opponent are standing on both the WTC towers, and you will have to kill your opponent by throwing stuff at each other with the Manipulator, its a pretty far distance so you need some good aiming. Think of stuff like desks, cars, bombs, trucks, boxes and many other things.

Sorry i was bored. :p So i typed some bull shit,

Still though, nice mod ":]

Now seriously, god knows when HL2 will be released....

jabberwock95 said:
So what sort of timescale are we looking at here?

Say vivendi passes the first RC in a week, from today (optimism :cheese:). That would take us to August 14th. Give vivendi, say, three weeks to burn and distribute CD's and we could be looking at HL2 on September 4th!!

Of course, that's two optimistic. Lets be pessimistic for a while. Vivendi hates the first 4 RC's valve sends, passing HL2 for gold on the 11th September. Then they take 4 weeks for distribution (they're lazy) and we see HL2 on the 6th of October.

Now logic dictates that Realism is somewhere between Optimism and Pessimism, so let's work it out. Halfway between 4th September and 9th October is 18th September!!! That's my bet!

Based on the unpredictability of Valve, and their past record i would say between, 10 min and 2 years for HL2 to come out, :p :p :p :p :p .
But seriously i would go for around 14th and 24th september.

-TaNaKa- said:
Yup, i have the news. They are going to release HL2 on 9/11, and they are throwing in a special mod on this special day.

The mod is called Terrorist-Down (TD), you are playing a man that was an Ex-Marine that found information about a terrorist attack, you accidently found out whats going to happen, when its going to happen, how its gonna happen. The date is 9 september, and you have 2 days to stop this attack. The problem is, the police thinks you are making a joke, and they arent taking you serious. So its up to you to stop these guys. The action will take place in streets ( like city17 ), where you have to stop those terrorists, and at the airport. But everything works with time. Fast and high speed action mod. If you are too late and you see the plane flying away from the airport, that means you are too late. But unfortunetly you can only try to stop one of these planes, because you never knew about the other planes. But if you really want to give it a happy ending: use the manipulator weapon by using cheats, and use the weapon to control the planes and land it safely on the ground. :)

As for the multiplayer part: You can play DM, TDM and CTF. You have maps like WTC-roof, WTC-subfloor, TD-Airport and many many other maps. You will have very cool and special weapons. And you also have a fun part in the MP, its a special 1vs1 battle called ManiThrow ( Manipulator-Throwing ), you and your opponent are standing on both the WTC towers, and you will have to kill your opponent by throwing stuff at each other with the Manipulator, its a pretty far distance so you need some good aiming. Think of stuff like desks, cars, bombs, trucks, boxes and many other things.

Sorry i was bored. :p So i typed some bull shit,

Still though, nice mod ":]

Now seriously, god knows when HL2 will be released....

I think that's tasteless, and I'm not even american.

The topic title reminds me of a simpsons episode where homer and his kids are walking through the desert and the kids keep saying "Are we insane yet? Are we insane yet?" and then homer snaps and yells "Yes! I've told you already". Homer is valve and we are the kids.

This thread has enough spam to feed all of nigeria for a year.

No, no email from Gabe yet, though there are several young teen girls who want to be pounded farmyard style emails.

I'll check this out....

heres a site i usually go to for my gaming needs (sorry yanks, im aussie :p lol -no offence-) and it says HL2 is being released Worldwide on 30th September. its most probably wrong.

http://www.gamesmarket.com.au

its still a lil bit away but it would be good if it were true.

Wow a game with 0 bugs. I don't really belive it. How much you want to be there will be.

Maybe they'll surprise us and say it was submitted on Friday, checked out over the weekend, and went gold this morning at 10am PST

It could happen. :rolleyes:

jasonh1234 said:
Maybe they'll surprise us and say it was submitted on Friday, checked out over the weekend, and went gold this morning at 10am PST

It could happen. :rolleyes:

But i dont think it has. ;(

Don't forget what time it is. They've probably just finishing their first cups of coffee and their morning e-mail. It's only 9:40 am there right now.

Liquid Air said:
Wow a game with 0 bugs. I don't really belive it. How much you want to be there will be.

They mean 0 known bugs.

Obviously, like any other game there will most likely be issues that need to be fixed after release, but for now they just mean they're getting rid of all the current bugs that they are aware of.

If you do get the email be sure to make a new thread... I just skipped from page 1 to 7... I have no idea what you could have been talking about in those other 5 pages... :rolleyes:

Son_Kane said:
Believe it or not I think it was just another lie.

What do you mean a lie? That they just said that they were expecting to be bug-free on August the 5th? How can you lie about that. It's like saying that you'll meet someone at 10am, but you get caught in traffic so you are 30minutes late. You'd be quite shocked if someone called you a liar because you were late.

And you'd be very confused if they claimed you lied so they would get more excited about meeting you.

Back