So.... haha

i challenge you to look at my paleness and not squint.

As I live in north of Sweden, I don't get very brown.
Well, we have midnight sun on the summer, but on the winter we hardly get more then 4 hours of sun at the day. From maybe 11AM to 2PM is sun, then everything goes pitchblack in a second.

I also have zero heat tolerance, and perspires if the air is "wet" (you know, moist).

Bad^Hat said:
I'm the whitest guy I know.

Heh, I just realised how ironic that was considering my avatar. Although someone did comment on how articulate I was just the other day...

Bad^Hat said:
Heh, I just realised how ironic that was considering my avatar. Although someone did comment on how articulate I was just the other day...

Since you still live in NZ I'm guessing that you would be considered dark if you ever visited north of Sweden.

Yeah but Swedes are meant to be white. There is naturally white and there is "I live in a metal box, filled with bleach, 23 hours a day, and only come out at night" white.

Farrowlesparrow said:
Yeah but Swedes are meant to be white. There is naturally white and there is "I live in a metal box, filled with bleach, 23 hours a day, and only come out at night" white.

:)
But it still differs alot from north and south.
I mean, with only 4 hours of sun in the winter, you get white. Or snowblind, and that hurts.

When I was younger I was naturally very very fair so I couldn't stay in the sun for long periods of time since I burnt easily. Now... I um... chose to stay indoors :p

Ha...Ok. I always wondered what it would be like to live somewhere like that. Or somewhere where you get 6 months of night and 6 months of day.

"Fancy going out for the night?"
*6months later*
"I've had six liver failures due to the longest drinking binge ever!"

Farrowlesparrow said:
Ha...Ok. I always wondered what it would be like to live somewhere like that. Or somewhere where you get 6 months of night and 6 months of day.

"Fancy going out for the night?"
*6months later*
"I've had six liver failures due to the longest drinking binge ever!"

Haha, that sums it up real nice. :)
I remember last new years eve.
I decided to mesure how long we had sun.
It was snowing all day, so no sun at all. It hardly gets over the treetops anyway and is only visible for well, 2 hours so it dosn't matter.

But it's a special feeling to always have the dark there, I actully enjoy it at school since it's alot more fun and "special" then summer. The whole class is at a better mood.

moppe said:
But it's a special feeling to always have the dark there, I actully enjoy it at school since it's alot more fun and "special" then summer. The whole class is at a better mood.

Damn, that sounds really cool.

Bad^Hat said:
Damn, that sounds really cool.

Well, since I live in the woods, it sucks sometimes in the mornings.
I'll actully have to go armed to the bus through, since a moose or a bear could kill you so easy.
It's not a problem when the light is there.
But when you don't see longer then 6 feet it is ****ing scary.

Yup, that's us Swedes in a nutshell. Arming ourselves on the way to the bustop for fear of being attacked by mooses and bears. We've even got wolf problems sometimes to ;)
Thankfully I live in the middle of Sweden, so the only thing I have to worry about is being ravaged by the aforementioned wolves :E

We just have the regular crazy druggies, and drunk people trying to make their willeh seem big by wielding a knife or other such weapons.

Varg|Hund said:
Yup, that's us Swedes in a nutshell. Arming ourselves on the way to the bustop for fear of being attacked by mooses and bears. We've even got wolf problems sometimes to ;)
Thankfully I live in the middle of Sweden, so the only thing I have to worry about is being ravaged by the aforementioned wolves :E

Well, the thing I'm most afraid of is the järv.
I have no idea how it's called in english, but it's a small little creature, climbs tree, kills for fun and are almost impossible to dectect.

I cannot tan properly anymore. I step out into the Sunshine then Fzzzzzzzz! I'm Flash fryed 10 seconds. I used to tan nicely when I was younger. Damn you old age.

Farrowlesparrow said:
Bu...But, you have hobbits, orcs and a variety of other creatues....Oh, and lest we forget Gandalf

What is it with you and your fascination with New Zealand?

Farrowlesparrow said:
Bu...But, you have hobbits, orcs and a variety of other creatues....Oh, and lest we forget Gandalf

Child Pr0n, banned.

oh wai-

Anyhoo, nah I'm not tan, I'm Canadian.

I don't enjoy sitting in the sun for hours, only to shed away any darker skin a day later.

Dux said:
I cannot tan properly anymore. I step out into the Sunshine then Fzzzzzzzz! I'm Flash fryed 10 seconds. I used to tan nicely when I was younger. Damn you old age.

I remember once I went to the beach with a friend. We put on sunblock and everything. He left almost sunburnt... I left with sunstroke. Was in bed and throwing up for a week ;(

:O

How long did you stay on the beach? sun block and other lotions only last for a certain amount of time, and simply reaplying them doesn't work. You have to go in and let your body "cool off".

The sun really screwed me up 2 times.
One time when I was hitchhiking through Europe and I decided to go parasailing.
I was red for the rest of the summer, flaking skin. It hurt.

The second time was for a year ago, my goggles had broke in a skiaccident earlier. I was skiing, got home snowblind.
Beeing snowblind hurts, alot. And I couldn't see anything for a week.
But I got these new Spy goggles from grandma, costs $150. :)

Heh, we have a Sweidish person staying with us and (She is from the south though, at least further south than you anyway) she always seems to tan quite well. She has really really blonde hair as well.

Farrowlesparrow said:
Heh, we have a Sweidish person staying with us and (She is from the south though, at least further south than you anyway) she always seems to tan quite well. She has really really blonde hair as well.
She wouldn't happen to be from around Götaland? Us here tend to tan a bit better then those from Norrland (moppe), it's our little revenge for them having a nicer dialect than us ;)

Bad^Hat said:
I remember once I went to the beach with a friend. We put on sunblock and everything. He left almost sunburnt... I left with sunstroke. Was in bed and throwing up for a week ;(
The sun can do that? :O Shit!

I hate lotion of any kind... so I avoid sun-tan-lotion as much as possible... so I end up getting burned if I'm outside all day... oh well... at least I didn't have feel all icky that day... just have to feel pain for the next couple... :D

Varg|Hund said:
She wouldn't happen to be from around Götaland? Us here tend to tan a bit better then those from Norrland (moppe), it's our little revenge for them having a nicer dialect than us ;)

Evil correction: Lappland. :) But heck, it's in Norrland anyway.
Nice signature you have now. :)
Hm, I'm thinking about starting a nice new thread in the Swedish style that is spreading through the forums. Abouth the swedes of the north and sauna.
Inget går upp mot ett dopp i vaken eller snön. :)

I am so tan, that even my penis and balls are tan. How I got so tan? I was born tan and will die probably tan, but girls in general DO like it, so yeah, yay for brown skin?

moppe said:
Nice signature you have now. :)
Thank you. It's a quote from a very good friend who tends to say stuff like that :)

Anways, there seems to be rather many Swedes here on the forums now that I think about it. We need our own thread! :E

Indeed we do, insolent peon of moderator status!
/me slaps Farrowlesparrow with glove.

Back