So, HL2 should be Gold soon !

ok ok noob here on the BENCHMARK... PLZ PLZ what is it? what does it mean?

Well, I don't wanna sound like a n00b or headcrab here, but judging from what Gabe said - Benchmark release on 9/30 BEFORE Half Life 2 ships , somewhat points out a delay. But I'm still optomistic about a 9/30 release!

Originally posted by commando
what does BENCHMARK MEAN!? and wat is it

its a tool to see how well your hardware can handle the latest and greatest gfx pumped to the max

the benchmark is out.
its those numbers.

The benchmark program will be released alongside the game

i thought that about how your comp can handle it.

so that means SOME SO SO SO VERY VERY DAM DAM LUCKY A$$ ppl are getting to play it all!!!!!!!!!! ARRGHH LUCKY

all questions will be answered in the next 5 days. If it hasnt gone gold by then, then it's delayed. The reason we don't know whats going on is because no one knows. they are still trying to make the sept 30th dead line. Which would be awesome since the 29th is my b-day

well hay if it is released then..... i think i may know what you are getting for ya B-DAY.........but no woz i won't spoil it for ya ;) ;)

The benchmark basically runs a demo through a bit of the game (it's not interactive, but you can watch it and ooo and ahhh) and then reports the FPS. Then you brag about how awesome your computer is and how it'll win you friends because you got (insert score here) on the HL2 demo.

Right now the benchmark is only available to members of the press. On Sept 30 apparently it'll be available the general public.

YAY YAY thanks man nicely said like that! good one.

well come on ppl that says it all doesn't it.

i mean if gabe is releasing the benchmark, then it must be sept 30th, sooner or 2weeks after! nothin to worry about :)

Back