So, I just came back from Japan.....

Companion Cube
Reaction score
with the offensive forces of the 237th Infantry... :p

No seriously, I just came back from a field trip to Japan ('cause my secondary major is Japanese). Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures, because I forgot to take my camera.

---------------
Japan wasn't altogether so weird, it was almost like my own country, save for the smaller roads and highly developed alleys. But what really bugged me was the cost of everything.

They had coins worth about $5 (500 yen), and the smallest paper note was in the equivalent of $10. 2 slices of pizza, which would have normally cost in any other country about $3 ~ $5, it cost nearly $12. I could survive well enough in Cambodia for 40 days with the money required for a single meal in Japan, and almost a week in my own country or the US.

Everything cost at the very least 2 times what would cost in my country or the US, and I saw a hamburger in Mcdonalds that cost 3500 won in Korea (about $3.8) go for 1400 yen (about $14). I mean, how the **** do they survive? Do they eat like 3 meals a week or something? Perhaps that explains the lack of fat people in Japan (or Cambodia, for that matter). If we went to Tokyo, it would have been much worse.

----------------
The streets and alleys of Osaka were pretty, however. Despite being no more than a lane in length, all the alleys had their own traffic signals (which I found cost-ineffective), and the shopping streets were extremely colorful. As long as you didn't buy anything, you could appreciate the beauty of a developed city in the alleys of Osaka.

What I truly appreciated, though, were the schoolgirl uniforms. :p It provided +200 to the cuteness of a girl, and the miniskirts, unlike our girls' long skirts, were quite a sight to see. :D

The girls themselves weren't exactly pretty, but a rare few were extremely cute :p Thank you "Osaka Second Middle School"!

Ahem.

Anyway, our school went to places like temples (which were dissapointingly very alike our own), and the castles (filled with tourists and "Osaka First Middle School" students). We visted the Kansai university, which also disapointed us. However, we did get to go to the hot springs, which were wonderful.

When we got to the mass grave of Korean soldiers taken prisoner and killed in the "Seven Years War", we had a moment of slience, and anger flowed. The next stop was the shrine to Toyotomi Hideyoshi, who was the one who ordered the invasion of Korea. I spat in the shrine when nobody was looking, and I suspect many others did the same. One day, I vowed, they would have their just desserts.

Anyway, it was all awesome, perhaps disapointgly similiar to my country and devoid of hot schoolgirls, but still a very nice place to visit, even if its the land of the 'hated enemy' and the 'barbarian hordes'. :p The people were nice enough, I suppose, as they weren't quite what I had expected them to be: perfectionists and scrooge-esque cheapskates.

Too tired to write further....

Nobody writes about their trips in quite the same way you do numbers.

I spat in the shrine when nobody was looking, and I suspect many others did the same. One day, I vowed, they would have their just desserts.

NEWSFLASH: angry korean teen declares war on Japan. Killed en route in a bicycle accident with japanese tour bus.

you're like a cartoon character Numbers ..I just cant take you seriously

bring a camera next time you dummy

Numbers is a pretty cool guy, eh spits in shines and doesnt afraid of anything.

EDIT: lul:

dfdds.jpg

I also found this loltastic, Krynn:
255nixd.jpg

Awkward. Anyways I'm glad you had fun on your trip numbers, it's always good to learn about the countries you will one day conquer and absorb.

Good to see you had some fun spitting on shrines and graves and such. Too bad you didn't have a camera, though :(

and now I came....

I always thought that Korea and Japan were a single country, like Benelux.

the price thing sounds weird, my girl is from japan, but says the food in vancouver is more expensive

I gotta get out of vancouver:p

Nobody writes about their trips in quite the same way you do numbers.

Well, I do love originality. :p

NEWSFLASH: angry korean teen declares war on Japan. Killed en route in a bicycle accident with japanese tour bus.

you're like a cartoon character Numbers ..I just cant take you seriously

Well, I did write this without much seriousness... :/

They got nuked...

Twice...

How much more just dessert can you get?

So the Americans had their vengence, what about the other 30-something nations?

Although I do see your point...... :/

I also found this loltastic, Krynn:
255nixd.jpg

Awkward. Anyways I'm glad you had fun on your trip numbers, it's always good to learn about the countries you will one day conquer and absorb.

Woot! Indeed. :D

Good to see you had some fun spitting on shrines and graves and such. Too bad you didn't have a camera, though :(

and now I came....

Lol, yeah, thanks. :p

"One day, I vowed, they would have their just desserts."

You may at this point wish to make use of the shakey-fist smiley which can be found in my profile album.

So another 60 nukes?

Isn't that going a little overboard numbers?

Couple more nukes'd do them some good. I support Numbers' endeavors of revenge against the Nipponese.

Nuking them now would be like being the kid that is still playing hide and seek 4 hours after the game ended.

I have a korean friend. I like making fun of him with Japanese jokes and how they got owned by them.

Nuking them now would be like being the kid that is still playing hide and seek 4 hours after the game ended.
We're not nuking them for the past, we're nuking them for the future.

I have a korean friend. I like making fun of him with Japanese jokes and how they got owned by them.
One day you're gonna go too far, Deathmaster.

"One day, I vowed, they would have their just desserts."

You may at this point wish to make use of the shakey-fist smiley which can be found in my profile album.

picture.php

I support Number's vow of retaliation!

woot!

Don't get greedy. :p

So another 60 nukes?

Isn't that going a little overboard numbers?

Hmm, yeah. Maybe we could replace nukes with 500kg bombs.

One day we're gonna own somebody, and there will be jokes made about how the Koreans owned [insert nation here].

Couple more nukes'd do them some good. I support Numbers' endeavors of revenge against the Nipponese.

lol @ above posts :D

I'm gonna take over this country, and I'm gonna annex Japan. And illegalize Japanese, for (ironic) justice. :p

Seriously, couple more nukes might help them get cheaper meals. Their economy is like Zimbabwe's on crack and steroids. It's omfg inflated (in comparison), but somehow they manage on to keep living.

What I truly appreciated, though, were the schoolgirl uniforms. :p It provided +200 to the cuteness of a girl, and the miniskirts, unlike our girls' long skirts, were quite a sight to see. :D
You are my hero.

Hmm, yeah. Maybe we could replace nukes with 500kg bombs.

hooray for bombing people who have abslutely nothing to do with ww2

One day we're gonna own somebody, and there will be jokes made about how the Koreans owned [insert nation here].

ya too bad it'll be North Korea OWNED South Korea in no holds barred fight to the finish ..I place my moneys on red

Everyone knows that South Korea is just propped up by the United States, same as Israel.

Everyone knows that South Korea is just propped up by the United States, same as Israel.

meh they're too busy running their latest aquisition; Iraqistan ..or New Americastan when the name change comes into effect in 2009

Less politics more school girls.

Can't quote that enough, really.

Was it windy? It was windy, right? Come on man, don't ruin my dreams here.

Pantsu? PANTSU?! ;( ;(

*gust of wind*
IYYYAAAAAAAAAA!!!~
Please tell me you witnessed this at least once.

Vegeta, you need to be at least 6 foot 5 for them to sleep with you.

Who said anything about sleeping with them.

All I need is my camera and a quiet night alone.

Maybe I'm just boring (shut up vegeta), but I never really got off on the idea of school girl uniforms. They don't have that appeal to me. Not when school girls wear them, because they're way too immature for me, and not when you see adult women dressed up in them, because they look ridiculous.

There's many outfits a woman can be wearing that would get a rise out of me, but school girl uniforms aren't one of them. :eek:

School girl, bottom half of uniform, covered in grease.

...what? You have your fantasies, I have mine.

Back