So Is There Hl2 Mp Or Not?!?!

othello

Reaction score
since i can't play, can some one answer this for me? after the years of speculation and rumors... whats the final verdict? is there a standalone HL2 MP or not? any hint of that 'one HL2 DM phyics map' or anything like that? or is HL2's MP really just CS:S?

We have known for a long time that no HL2DM excists....

HL2's MP really just is CS:S... There's no other MP, at least that's what I've read...

no there isn't, but there was a blog of someone who had a friend who predicted that hl2 was going gold that week and it did and the friend said valve are planning a surprise after the release, which is now. although it might not be true, it comes from a reliable source.

But...HL 1 had MP and it really rocked. That was how I discovered Half-Life back then. Oh man, this can't be true.

Please please please make MP for Half-Life 2...pleaaaaaassssseeeee

ZeeM said:
the problem is that not all net cafes will have this or any other hl2dm mod installed... :frown:

grrrrr valve i will hate you for this :frown:
Just beacuse it didn't come with the game doesn't mean it won't happen. Are you forgetting DMC and Ricochet?

Sean said:
Just beacuse it didn't come with the game doesn't mean it won't happen. Are you forgetting DMC and Ricochet?

Werent they released 3-4 years after hl was released? :p

<?>..::ButcheR:: said:
NO but everybody already knows that when you did read gamerevieuws you did know

like i said, there was a vast abundance of rumors and speculation to the contrary, so obviously not everyone knew that for certain. plus, valve could've suprised everyone like a lot of people were hoping. i didn't read many of the HL2 reviews, because i didn't want too much of the game spoiled. all i was asking was for confrimation, either yay or nay.

i think valve made a huge mistake by not including a standalone HL2 MP. ;(

X|Rolando said:
Werent they released 3-4 years after hl was released? :p
Yeah, but they might have been working on it and just left it out of the release or something. I don't know, why doesn't someone just ask Gabe already? :p

Actually gabe said that there was a surprise related to the mp part of The Game.
I think the surprise was that there is no mp...

ZeeM said:
I think the surprise was that there is no mp...
Yeah, HL2DM is going to totally redefine the genre - by not being there. :p

Looks like there is a MP in half-life2 afterall - just no maps for it yet :)

See HL2WORLD website - first page

Time to get some maps built people!!
Or maybe valve will be releasing some though steam in next few weeks? :smoking:

Quote from site...

"net_start
sv_lan 0
deathmatch 1
maxplayers (whatever you want)
map (mapname)
restart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It will add you to the master server and it works. "

they might release a multiplayer after everyone's played the single player alot... you know, like how bungie might one day release an ending to Halo 2 ;)

Back