So its Monday. Where's the Gold Anouncemnet?

It seems like it's gold but they are hiding it until they know the rating. I have this feeling like they want to knock down every single variable AND be 100% sure it will come on time.

What if it took a long time to get the rating! people would freak out when they missed a date. I bet they will get it rated, make 100% sure that all the boxes and art will be printed, also 100% sure that the game will be stamped and made available in both formats DVD/CD basic/normal/collectors and ready for a certain day befor they call gold.

Take out every aspec of the proccess that could go wrong then gold/ReleaseDATE. What about contracts with the companies that make the game. Like you must have all games made and packaged from this date to this date. Then talk to distributers, make sure they don't release the game early at all costs.

lots to do I think.

LeXo5 said:
well.... either way, its 8:29am here on the west coast and most businesses open between 7am and 10am .... I'm going to bet that valve probabl opens at 9am, seems like the right kinda time for a business like theres .... so we will see in 30 minutes (or not!) who knows!

Or maybe we won't see until 5:00pm?

LeXo5 said:
why would they wait all day? It serves no purpose on either end :dozey:

They probably won't wait all day, but I also wouldn't expect it at 9:00am

It's 9:01 AM there (10 AM where I'm at). I'm fairly sure many of them are already at work at Valve today. Do not expect anything from them! Like I said earlier, Gamespot only speculated on rumored information.

Until you see the frontpage news of any gaming site around posting a gold anouncement then there is no need to get yourselves worked up!

EVIL said:
who cares.

hurmm it is odd that hl2 fans posting on a hl2 website might care about gold news. its a strange world

Valve should surprise us placing a webcam in their offices to watch the piñata show in live! :bounce:

Pi Mu Rho said:
What I'm expecting is:

No gold announcement (because the game hasn't gone gold)

Lots of threads from people accusing Valve of lying to them, missing another release date etc etc, when all of the gold hype is entirely made up by themselves.

Don't get me wrong, I really want HL2 to be gold, but I'm really going to get all iron-fisted in cleaning things up if I'm right. You have been warned.

Pretty close to my notions too.
Don't blame GameSpot either, for the hype created by the community. Afterall, it's only been posted in their Rumours section... which was "something that someone said".
Anyways, no matter what any site says, it Vavle or VUG that you should be listening out for...

|_HeLL_| said:
Valve should surprise us placing a webcam in their offices to watch the piñata show in live! :bounce:

that would be so cool.

A janitor told me he got a candy bar from the pinata!

From the HL2Fallout forums:

EB games received an email from the publisher of a Gold status. Buddy of mine works there and they received an email about November 1st being the ship date. Just found that interesting. I wonder why no public announcement.

Look for something around 12, 3, 6, or 9 pm pacific standard time, (add three if your on the east coast like me)

and ya know what makes me happy, I dont have to worry about when the thing actually gets to stores! BECUASE I USED STEAM! W00T!!!!! God I love Valve!

maybe the valve team got drunk to celebrate and died of alcohol poisoning....

damn...

hey Kage i keep thinkin u got that Name from Star Wars am I right??

mutt said:
hurmm it is odd that hl2 fans posting on a hl2 website might care about gold news. its a strange world
I know, its almost shocking :eek:

DigiQ8 said:
That thread is closed now.
This thread is older than that thread.
That thread is useless..

Man some people here are so uptight about the release date it's rediculous. It's a damn GAME. Go outside and have a social life instead of worrying over a thread meant to be funny.

If it happens today it won't be for a few more hours. Most likely afternoon valve time. End of day type stuff

For people who use the "go outside" argument. We do go outside. We have school, jobs, friends, girlfriends, and other activities to do. But when we come home, or visit these forums, we are interested in hl2. It doesn't mean because we're waiting for hl2 to go gold that we are literally WAITING at our desktops for hl2 to go gold. Thanks, your argument is now dead and always sucked.

It is impossbile, It would have been announced gold sometime last week, foir it to hit that date.

Alientank said:
Man some people here are so uptight about the release date it's rediculous. It's a damn GAME. Go outside and have a social life instead of worrying over a thread meant to be funny.
First , i got a social life, im here cuz i have nothing to do.
second , your thread really pisses me off

guinny said:
For people who use the "go outside" argument. We do go outside. We have school, jobs, friends, girlfriends, and other activities to do. But when we come home, or visit these forums, we are interested in hl2. It doesn't mean because we're waiting for hl2 to go gold that we are literally WAITING at our desktops for hl2 to go gold. Thanks, your argument is now dead and always sucked.

Preach on Guinny! :)

guinny said:

Right....check your post count buddy. You are up until 12:30 am sometimes posting in here.

Alientank said:
Right....check your post count buddy. You are up until 12:30 am sometimes posting in here.

So what if he does? I sometimes stay up on these forums until 1 - 2 am. I have a fiance, in which we're due to be married next December, A full time steady job, and I have a second small business building PC's and small business / home networks.

I have a life, this is just a part of the fun..

Alientank said:

Right...check my join date buddy. I've been here for a year and a half. That's averaging about 600 days. That's an average of 6 posts a day. 24 hours in a day, thats 1 post every six hours.
Thanks.

Now end yourself.

Back