So, what is Kleiner planning on launching?

What is the rocket/missile used for

• Weapon of Mass Destruction

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Weapon of Exotic Destruction

Votes: 13 11.3%
  • Telecommunitions

Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Teleportations

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Recreation

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Other, unknown insane scientist agenda

Votes: 41 35.7%

• Total voters
It's too blunt to be much of anything long distance at high speeds...

I'm thinking this at the moment. I think we see that the rocket has a man-sized hatch in the top. At the same time, I think this is ridiculous :p

That hatch was the first thing I noticed, too. Its obviously got to have a person occupying it...perhaps advancing onward to the Moon? If they were to build a weapon on the Moon and have a "Death Star", they could target any Combine facility on the planet! Its a freakin Death Star, people!!!

dr_evil_1.jpg

A weapon of SEXY destruction.

And what the hell is telecommunition? Is that anything like telecommunism, because if I can administer propaganda from home, I'm totally down.

it's earth's first warp-capable starship

kliener is secretly ZEFRAM COCHRANE.

Freeman- "The line must be drawn here!"

Eli- "WTF!?"

As for the hatch, I don't think its safe for a person to travel in the rocket with a hatch that simple, have you ever seen the doors on Apollo and Space Shuttles.

Ah now I have seen the new trailer (I didn't know there was one(stupid me)) and I think it is transport to the arctic personally.

As for the hatch, I don't think its safe for a person to travel in the rocket with a hatch that simple, have you ever seen the doors on Apollo and Space Shuttles.

But Gordon has the HEV suit on, which I'm betting is more powerful than the everyday Astronaut suit.

Kleiner:We have made, in secret, several technological advances which we will do our best to deploy in advance of the Combine's return.
Probably it's something like satellite from HL1 and Decay, possibly something like anti-portal shield.

But that would cut off the Combien from Earth and...well, we can't kill them if they can't come :(

Kleiner:We have made, in secret, several technological advances which we will do our best to deploy in advance of the Combine's return.
Probably it's something like satellite from HL1 and Decay, possibly something like anti-portal shield.

I don't think that has too much relevance on the rocket. I mean, yeah, maybe, but I got the feeling Kleiner was hitting more at 'Mechs' so to speak, which would combat whatever the Combine sends through when they regain their connection with Earth.

I like the idea of mechs. The Combine can finally get pwnd on their own scale. :cool:

I like the idea of mechs. The Combine can finally get pwnd on their own scale. :cool:
Mark my words: the HEV MK6 will be a 20ft tall robot which Gordon, wearing his MK5 slots into :p

"Gordon Freeman, Kidou Senshi Lambda Gundamu; HASHINSERU!"

... or maybe not :p

LOL, I can see the flashing epileptic enducing fits already :D

As much as I'd love it to be to be a missile of some kind (If only so I can yell "Fire Ze Missiles!" in a funny acent before it launches) I dont think it will be.

As apart from that I havent got a clue I'm going with insane scientist agenda.

What missile are we talking about here?
Could someone post a pic to refresh my memory, please.

Chipmunk, have a look here

Ah now I have seen the new trailer (I didn't know there was one(stupid me)) and I think it is transport to the arctic personally.

That's what I thought. Something like this would be necessary to get to somewhere important far away in the world without breaking the continuation of experience that is integral to the HL experience. Of course it would have to be a very special rocket to transport somewhere else in the world in the space of a few minutes, as would be necessary to keep the game going...

Why they can't teleport is another question...

A device for timetravel so they can warn the guys in black messa what is going to happen when they start there famous experiment :D

I think its a satellite (It looks like when launched and at position those 4 flaps extend) that'll be used to intercept Combine communications and basically communicate with everyone on the whole planet.

Kinda like what Kliener did in City 17

A device for timetravel so they can warn the guys in black messa what is going to happen when they start there famous experiment :D

Gman tried that in HL1 and it didnt work! :)

Yeah just before you go into the test chamber you can see him and one of the scientists arguing...I just bought and installed HL1 and it was nuts! Even with those graphics its still freakin fun!

Yeah just before you go into the test chamber you can see him and one of the scientists arguing...

How did you manage to interpret that as failed time machine experiment?

Not so much a time machine failure as a failure to stop the day's events...

But Gordon has the HEV suit on, which I'm betting is more powerful than the everyday Astronaut suit.

Limited Oxygen Underwater = No Internal Air Supply

No Internal Air Supply = Exposure to Decompression :thumbs:

It was a cunning satalite that was launched with the intention of closing the portal storms.

I'll leave you to decide if it worked or not.

Im gonna guess "no"... and if they plan on lunching it again, or one like it, what have they dont differently to make it work? if it does work.

I say the augmentation of teleportation and space travel, culminating in a trilogy climax where we are jet(ballistic-missile)set for the combine or whatever they are called homeworld!

I say the augmentation of teleportation and space travel, culminating in a trilogy climax where we are jet(ballistic-missile)set for the combine or whatever they are called homeworld!

Um, no.

And I believe the satellite that was launched was to encourage the Portal Storms...at least that is the current mythology about the situation...

Limited Oxygen Underwater = No Internal Air Supply
No Internal Air Supply = Exposure to Decompression :thumbs:
Actually, the HEV suit had a meter that showed up when under water. Which means it does have some sort of small air supply. And Kleiner can always beaf up how much oxygen goes into it.

If the Combine wanted to destroy Earth, they could do so without any problems. With their intelligence, they probably have enough ships equipped with enough weaponry to blast a hole through anything they feel like. I think Earth has something the Combine want, or possibly need.

If the Combine wanted to destroy Earth, they could do so without any problems. With their intelligence, they probably have enough ships equipped with enough weaponry to blast a hole through anything they feel like. I think Earth has something the Combine want, or possibly need.

Sorry, but that's corny x100.

I think "the something they want" is limited to the earth's resources though, rather than some romantic corny thing like... I don't know. "The Human emotion called Love". Just imagine that, the episodes end as Alyx falls in love with Gordon, and the Combine just pack up and leave because they realise that they cannot know love, and they pledge to never invade planets again because they see the beauty of love and want to try to spread that emotion across the universes. Violin music and all.

Driving along on the plastic dream
Heart beats fast like a tiny machine
I am electro boy
I am electro girl
Sailing along on a perspex sea
Crystal moccasins, bionic cheese
I am electro boy
I am electro girl

I think "the something they want" is limited to the earth's resources though, rather than some romantic corny thing like... I don't know. "The Human emotion called Love". Just imagine that, the episodes end as Alyx falls in love with Gordon, and the Combine just pack up and leave because they realise that they cannot know love, and they pledge to never invade planets again because they see the beauty of love and want to try to spread that emotion across the universes. Violin music and all.

:x
I hope they never find the need to employ a violinist.

The missile thingy has a door on the side of it, so I'm discounting any uber-destructive purposes. Maybe Kleiner's gonna move to the moon for a while until the Earth cools off?:rolleyes:

You know, if the rocket is some kind of satellite that they are going to shoot into space it's possible someone will have to go with it...which sounds even more plausible when you look at the open door. Perhaps Kleiner or a Vortigaunt. :p

Back