So, what is Kleiner planning on launching?

What is the rocket/missile used for

• Weapon of Mass Destruction

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Weapon of Exotic Destruction

Votes: 13 11.3%
  • Telecommunitions

Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Teleportations

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Recreation

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Other, unknown insane scientist agenda

Votes: 41 35.7%

• Total voters
Ohh, I loved the bit in the trailer where you see the rocket.. reminded me a lot of Half-Life: Uplink (the demo for the original HL).

Humor...

In every case, it is designed to go into space. What I can add :

1)Who is the guy being "zapped" in the trailer, when we see the rocket ? We don't see him, but I think it's probably the other survivor of BM, most likely another absent-minded professor, having some fun sketches with Kleiner...

2)We can also see a little door : it would be fun to see Lamarr becoming the first headcrab in space. Just imagine, Kleiner crying, Barney laughing...

Guy being zapped? I don't remember that...All I remember is Kleiner saying, "We're finally getting somewhere!" and then said 'zaps' appear, followed by Kleiner's scream...

I think he thinks that someone is getting zapped in that scene, though its probably just a tool or circuit blowing...

Does anyone think this project might have something to do with the slow-time-teleportation incident? Kleiner considered the event very interesting. I doubt that would be the end of the slow-time-teleportation storyline.
Gordon hasn't talked to Kleiner ever since. So I bet Kleiner continued researching time & teleportation technology.

Does anyone think this project might have something to do with the slow-time-teleportation incident? Kleiner considered the event very interesting. I doubt that would be the end of the slow-time-teleportation storyline.
Gordon hasn't talked to Kleiner ever since. So I bet Kleiner continued researching time & teleportation technology.

since when did gordon talk :D :farmer:

Ohh, I loved the bit in the trailer where you see the rocket.. reminded me a lot of Half-Life: Uplink (the demo for the original HL).

Whatchoo talkin' about Willis? There was no rocket in Uplink, not even a mention of one!

Scientist: I would love to do that, but the area bombardment has made a wreck of my transmitter, the cables are separate, we have to aim it by hand and I'm getting high radiation levels in the transmitter dome. Nobody but a fool would go in there!
Barney: What about this guy?
Scientist: Yes. You could survive in that suit of yours. Very well! I will lower security on the satellite access elevator. And you can go up into the dome. I'll try to help you over the intercom.
:p

^^^

Nope, that's not it, we be getting confused here.

Uplink: You had to get to an Signal Transmitter that sent to the USNRC BY SATELLITE to open the blast door to the Lambda Complex.

Half-Life: "On a Rail" I think was the level when you had to launch the rocket with the Satellite that, the Scientists hoped, would stem the effects of the Resonance Cascade and perhaps even stop the portals from opening any more.

Which part are you refering to?

Because everyone at the moment are talking about the 1999 demo of HL :p

Back