So, What New Story Items Have We Learned?

I never hear any scream. What I do hear is probably either a heartrate monitor going flat, or a feedback loop in the mask communicator that the combine seem to have.

[EDIT]: What was wrong with how the Race-X looked? They were cool.

Brian Damage said:
I never hear any scream. What I do hear is probably either a heartrate monitor going flat, or a feedback loop in the mask communicator that the combine seem to have.

[EDIT]: What was wrong with how the Race-X looked? They were cool.

No they make a strange gargling noise when they die. It doesn't sound like their normal voices but perhaps I need to clean out my ears...

i just didnt like much of anything about them. they skipped around shooting those green balls at you... they just didnt have that clever valve feel if you catch my meaning.

kaf11 said:
i just didnt like much of anything about them. they skipped around shooting those green balls at you... they just didnt have that clever valve feel if you catch my meaning.

I know exactly what you mean. They seemed out of place and didn't fit in with the 'feel' of HL.

kaf11 said:

well if Race X is in HL2, then i think Valve will that fixed if it ever were a problem to begin with :p

Oh, and you can hear the scream noise even in the E3 2003 video, when he shoots the radio at the combine in front of the drinks machine (around 9:07). Definitely a zombie noise.

The combine have a mask with buil in gas filter and binoculars. They just use crappy walky talkies, that's why sound F'd.

For once I agree with Pat. Any sound the Combine make is altered by their voice filters.

You can actually hear one making a rather human scream if you watch the Tunnels vid. Listen to the one that gets run-through by the Hydra.

Brian Damage said:
For once I agree with Pat. Any sound the Combine make is altered by their voice filters.

You can actually hear one making a rather human scream if you watch the Tunnels vid. Listen to the one that gets run-through by the Hydra.

You're probably right....but it does sound different to their other radio sounds. Perhaps it's just me. Just struggling to find new things to talk/speculate about I guess....

Back