So who has CoD?

Huh...I'll try that.
I've been getting crashes, but I just assumed that it was my vid card overheating. I turned AA down to 2x and it made them far less frequent.

I played it for a couple hours last night, partly single player and partly multiplayer. Overall this is a great game. Single player difficulty is nothing like the demo, I am only on the 3rd level under veteran and played it for well over an hour knowing the second level by memory from the demo. Multiplayer was a lot of fun but I could only find team deathmatch and deathmatch servers so I haven't had the chance to test out the other MP modes, hopefully some servers with those will be up by the time I get home from work.

There were still a few bugs that made some parts of the game very frustrating. The first thing that gets on my nerves is the fact you can not alt tab out of the game, you have to quit. This is a pain for me since I have to check my email every 15 or so minutes. I have a GeForce 4 ti4200 and for some reason AA does not work, it worked perfectly fine with the demo. There are also times when you die, a saved game loads but the game becomes unplayable with around 1-2 fps, you have to quit to stop the lag.

The multiplayer interface is another thing I really didn't like. Connecting to a game is a pain as you have to refresh the entire list every time you want to see if a slot has opened and if you try to connect to a server that is full it doesn't give you a box that says it full before it connects, instead if starts connecting, says server is full and kicks you back to the main screen. This is easily fixed with using a browser like ASE but I like the in game ones since it can be faster.

These bugs/annoyances aren't a huge deal and I'm sure they will be fixed. The game truly feels like you are in the action with it's great graphics, AI, and sound effects. As soon as I get to play some of the other MP modes and get a little further down in SP I will post a more detailed review.

Multiplayer is intense (works great online), pretty good game, definatly BF1942 killer.
I might buy it, I dunno yet .......

Originally posted by Hallucinogen
Multiplayer is intense (works great online), pretty good game, definatly BF1942 killer.
I might buy it, I dunno yet .......
I wouldn't compare BF42 to CoD, they are 2 completely different games. CoD has much smaller maps with more action while BF is a game with less action, huge maps with a large part of the game based on vehicles which CoD doesn't have. However, I agree, CoD has some great action online and I really hope to try out the other modes when I get home.

Man...the final Russian mission is incredible, especially if you're a war buff.
The single player in this game really is all that and a bag of chips.

"There are also times when you die, a saved game loads but the game becomes unplayable with around 1-2 fps, you have to quit to stop the lag."

I know this may sound obvious but Max Payne 2 kept doing this on me and i spent about an hour trying to figure it out. It was REALLY pissing me off... then i discovered i had fraps running and every time i loaded a game it was starting recording (Damn F9 key), hence my fps was dropping massively. DOH!!!!! I'll enver make that mistake again...

Originally posted by G0rgon
COD is not graphically mind blowing super blalababa bumpmapping, doom3 shadow...

I don't know. They must have something mindblowing on there. Because the new Dawnville demo won't even start for me. I get an error message saying that my graphics card is not supported.

The first demo was playable for me, but the majority of it's in blue.

Granted, I have a crappy Nvidia Vanta LT 8 MB graphics card, and I won't be able to get a new one until a few months from now.

But get this, I CAN play Max Payne 2 just fine with my lousy graphics card.

So I don't know what COD's deal is. I was hoping to buy and play that game when it first came out, but now I have to wait.

I am having crashes with my 9700 Pro too. I still trying to figure out what is causing it, but I am going to try to re-install the 3.7 drivers instead of my 3.8's.

I get an error that pops up after playing it for 5 minutes or less, sayin CoDSP.exe has had an error and needs to close. Anyone know why this might be? Thanks in advance. Oh Ill list system specs too:

1.7 GHz Athlon XP
64 meg Geforce 4 mx 440
Soundblaster Live!
512 mb DDR Ram
20 gig HDD

thats all i know, please help! I have latest nvidia and creative drivers too.

Great game. The Stalingrad part is truly awesome.

The only bug I experienced was at one time I had to blow up a tank, I couldn't find it (only an already destroyed one), so I ran around looking for it for like 1/2 hour until I finally reloaded an old save.

As it turns out, the tank I was supposed to blow up had already been destroyed by person or persons unknown, thus making it impossible for me to meet my objective.

EDIT: Short though, about the same as MP2, which is too short IMO.

i got my copy on Friday but haven't had a chance to install it, let alone play :eek:

anyway Mr. Redundant where are u these days? :p
remember our deal? or do u want to finish SP first? hehe

either way, can't wait to play MP :E

Anyone else find that last part of the pegaus bridge intense?? Lol there was like 30 guys comin across that ****in bridge i was screamin like a little girl :dork:.

So, Ray_man you settled that dispute with your mother, eh? GJ! :cheers:

Oh my lord that last pic makes me drool.... Makes me think about BoB

Here are some screens from the Russian Campaign; damn russians won't even give you a weapon to fight, you are cannon fodder.

But the game is pretty easy, I've been playing on Veteran and I'm already nearing the end.

Special mention goes out to the car-ride and the dam levels roxorz! :D

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

pic 4

pic 5

pic 6

pic 7

I would have posted screens of the car ride but I don't want to spoil it. I am just starting to defend the Pegasus Bridge.

Originally posted by ray_MAN
I would have posted screens of the car ride but I don't want to spoil it. I am just starting to defend the Pegasus Bridge.

Heheh defending the bridge is pretty ****in awesome

Originally posted by MaxiKana
Sniff, stupid slow bt....

lol, max, i feel ya, my bt is crawling at 14 kb/s. Only 21 hours left! YAY! After i beat sp i will go buy it for teh mp. BTW, is this game moddable, like, will any mods come out for it?

I've seen skins and models already on plenty of sites so it's safe to assume it's moddable.

Here are some more screens from the russian campaign :)

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

pic 4

pic 5

This is the best part of the game, it puts you in the boots Jude Law in Stalingrad, plenty of cinematics, just brilliant :D

Yea its moddable but they havent released the level editor yet (says comin soon on official site) so all you can do is jack around with the models or skins, i cant wait though to get my hands on the lvl editor.

There is only one small thing that bothers me in this game but it's pretty much my own fault most of the time; only one quicksave slot. I happen to save every 15 secs, and I've saved on two occasions right before taking a tank shell to the head. So the save is worthless, have to go back through the whole map : /

The Stalingrad level is ****ing awesome. And I can't wait for the level editor. How do you mess areound with the models?

Well I finished it today, I started it yesterday. Its even shorter then Max Payne 2. But its still awesome. I havent been able to play multiplayer yet because of the "special" version I have, might get a different version soon though. I heard multiplayer sucks thou, so I dunno yet.

Originally posted by The Terminator
Well I finished it today, I started it yesterday. Its even shorter then Max Payne 2. But its still awesome. I havent been able to play multiplayer yet because of the "special" version I have, might get a different version soon though. I heard multiplayer sucks thou, so I dunno yet.

I have the same version, and since the MP sucks I aint gonna buy it.
I played on bunch of servers and it did not impress me one bit, I kinda think BF1942 is alot better.

BTW, I think Activision totally overhyped this game :S

The multiplayer rocks. I can't wait for the MOD tools. I have already started planning my MOD.

does anyone actually like the MP then?

cause if it's shite i aint buying it... i'll get one of them, erm "special copies"

Originally posted by mchammer75040
CS

That's a damn shame. I might have bought it had the MP been worth playing. Now I'll just have to bootleg it.

Originally posted by pHATE1982
does anyone actually like the MP then?

cause if it's shite i aint buying it... i'll get one of them, erm "special copies"

Its enjoyable, but such a obvious ripoff of CS. The 2 round based modes are "search and destroy" and "retrive". Which is almost the exact same thing as CS's "defuse explosives" and "hostage rescue", only you dont retrive hostages just some papers or whatever. Then theres of course team death match and deathmatch, but thats it.

Alot of people play it though, including myself. Its fun if your into the fast paced round based stuff and plenty of people play it. Its just more of a evolution than anything new from CS, if you like CS you probably wont go back to playin it (well atleast im not) after this.

I'm into the MP too...its a real good and fast time when I want a break from Battlefield. And modes like Axis and Allies really can set it apart. If you were into MOH multi this is all that and a bag of chips.
Axis and Allies pits a small force of Allies with a lot of health against a ton of Axis with little health, and anyone who kills an Allie gets to be one, with the object being to be an allie for as long as possible. Great fun. (I think the SP justifies the cost anyway. Its that damn good.)
Edit: I think the name of that mode is Behind Enemy Lines.

I Really Like the multiplayer better then the single player.

Hmm... do you think CoD is worth me un-preordering HL2 to get it?

Originally posted by oD1Nz
Hmm... do you think CoD is worth me un-preordering HL2 to get it?
Most definatly. HL2 will not be coming out anytime soon, so just find a game to tickle your fancy until HL2(Call of Duty). But, can you un-preorder?

P.S. This is a lesson to you. NEVER pre-order a game. You will get it the first day anyway, especially a big game like HL2. A story about not pre-ordering:

Twas the night before Halloween and all through EB not a game was stirring not even CoD. The games were all stocked on the shelf with care in hopes that the gamers would soon be there. The manager heard running and screaming and whistlin' and cries of on Donnor on Blitzen. The gamers went in to EB drooling, with the lazy pre-orderers running and fooling. That night everyone got a copy of CoD and when the pre-orderer came in that day he was told, "We are sold out. Try again tomorrow." He screamed and cried he almost died. And the pre-orderer left without CoD.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheese:

Back