So whos buying retail?

darkmistx

Reaction score
Just out of interest how many have pre-paid through steam and how many are going to buy the game in a store.

Myself I'm buying retail because I want a box, and also I don't have a credit card. :D

Well.... Im just going to buy it in the shop...

Its easier.. I dont have to wait hours until I can play... preloading is just nothing for me.... I want a box... I want cds or a dvd I can feel :) and well.... I always did it like this, so why change?

I dont have to wait hours until I can play

Wouldn't you have to wait hours if you buy it through a shop? :D

I got it through steam.

Well.. if I leave school, ill be in the shop in a couple of minutes, than about 10 min. back home... well, its easy enough for me, I really dont need to rush anyway, as long as I get that day..

I have one copy already on steam, but I am going to buy another copy for another account, retail version that is. I love box and cd's.

Jeehde2 said:
I want cds or a dvd I can feel :) and well.... I always did it like this, so why change?

being more of a progressivist then jeehde2, i bought through steam. I think steam is an amazing method of distribution because in the future, if all companys use systems like that, all the profit goes to them. Vivendi didnt make the game, give them less money.

Yeah good point,

but Valve will earn more than enough money,

they really dont need to worry about that I think

I loves Boxes... and well.... Gordon looks really cool :LOL:

But still, Im going for the Gman I think

I've already purchased through steam to support Valve 100%. I'm going to backup HL2 on a DVD later on, including an installer, and just find a cover to print from the internet. This way I can "Feel the HL2 DVD" and still support Valve all the way.

I'm buying the retail game. I won't wait hours or even days for the download. Also I won't have to make a backup copy (the steam prices are equal or even more expensive than the retail ones. Add a DVDR, box ink and paper and... It's not worth it).

yer im buying retail, for reasons people have already mentioned.
Another thing...if u get HL2 through steam do u get CS:source with it for free?; because if u buy HL2 retail then CS:source comes with it.

Of course in the store!
1. Box, Cd's/DVD <-Reeeal cd, that is. And REAL box. no shitty home made =)

2. What if I do it via steam and them my comp just phat crashes nov 15th. That would be kinda saaaad... =) heheh

Well, I am getting it the next day, that is wednesday mornin,

tuesday is a busy day

swiss said:
yer im buying retail, for reasons people have already mentioned.
Another thing...if u get HL2 through steam do u get CS:source with it for free?; because if u buy HL2 retail then CS:source comes with it.

Dude, I love your sig. Illmatic is one of my favorite albums. Anyways, I'll be buying retail.

Buying it retail, only cos I have 56k. What's with everyone thinking Vivendi are the devil?

jaguar_987 said:
Buying it retail, only cos I have 56k. What's with everyone thinking Vivendi are the devil?

Most publishers are the devil :p

I'm buying retail of course, Collectors Edition all the way baby.
First of all, we get the necessary neat stuff, the game in 1 DVD, but all retail versions here in Europe is sold in a single DVD so it is really nothing only for CE.
And the cool box. First i jack the DVD in and start installing, then i put the box on display on the top of my TV.

Then its playing time.

i'm getting retail because i want a physical box i can stare at while teh game is installing

not me

^in response to your sig:
that makes two xbox owners who don't give sh** about halo2

i've preordered it from Electronics Boutique.

AU$79.95

can't wait!

I preordered it from Amazon - GAME's prices have always been at least £5 more expensive than rival shops, and their return policy is no longer sufficiently lenient to make it worthwhile.

Much as Steam sounds like a neat idea, I still like to have something tangiable that I can put in my collection.

I don't want to waste my $5 when I pre-ordered from EB over a year ago...

Retail. Although God knows if the game'll actually appear on time in Carlisle... nevermind the Valve/Vivendi fair distribution pledge, the place is like some sort of technophobic delivery-devouring hellhole...

Back