Some musical suggestions please

Reaction score
Hia all,

I'm kinda running out of stuff to listen to, and I wondered if you guys could suggest some CD's to get.

These are the bands I particularily enjoy: Tool, Godsmack, Lamb of God, Disturbed, Finger Eleven.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Try looking around different genres, find the ones that give you the bumps and work your way from there. There's some friggin great music out there, you just don't tend to hear it in the charts.

AVENGED SEVENFOLD - WALKING THE FALLEN!!!!!
GREAT ALBUM
KORN!
Korn - Untouchables
Korn- LIfe is peachy
Korn - Folow the leader
Korn - Issues
Korn - Take a look in the mirror

Just out of interest, does Korn give you goosebumps when you listen to it? I've never quite got my head round grown men screaming as being music, though fair play to them, they're quality guitarists.

Well if you look at my avatar you can guess what my suggestion is: Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind, Powerslave, Number of the Beast...Pretty much anything by Iron Maiden :p

Big Tool fan myself, also really appriciate Disturbed.

I have really gotten into Powerman 5000 recently. Like Tool, much of the subject matter is existential and intelligent (but not as darkly poetic). These guys rock hard and use some very interesting sounds. Do yourself a favor and start out with "Tonight The Stars Revolt",. then move on to "Transform" or "Anyone For Doomsday?".

I've known about these guys for years,. its strange,. I liked 'em, but only really listened to their hit songs (Nobody's Real, Supernova, etc). But recently I was looking for music to lift weights to, and started listening to thier full albums.. and it just kept growing on me. Now I am totally hooked,. they have become on of my favorite bands.

here are some tracks to sample, straight off the Powerman 5000 website

"Action" From "Transform"
"When Worlds Collide" and "Nobody's Real" From "Tonight The Stars Revolt!"
"Danger Is Go!" From "Anyone For Doomsday?"

Just right click and save it to your HD.

ISIS are a great band and i get the same vibe that i get from tool from some of the ISIS works.

If u are goin to get stuff by ISIS i suggest
- In Fiction
- Weight
- Hym
- Maritime

Another great band is Failure

I reccomend
- Dirty Blue Balloons
- Another Space Song

and maybe deftones they got a few albums out there first one adrenaline is pure muscle and has some awesome guitar work but allot of there stuff can get repetitive as Chino wispers alot of his verses and screams his choruses not that that is a bad thing sum ppl just dun like it. But yer alos by the deftones is Around the Fur which is a bit more experimental than Adrenaline and finally White Pony (I dont reccomend self titled) This is a very different album to the other two my favourite songs are Change(in the House of Flies), Knife Party, Digital Bath, Street Carp and Passenger which features Maynard from TOOL.

BTW TOOL is almost ready to release new album all they need is Maynard to do the vocals but then again who knows with TOOL. I cant wait for this one. Bit off tpic but how amazing is the work of Alex Grey (the artist who composed the cover for Lateralus).

Ohh and how can i forget a perfect circle awesome band Maynard from tool started this as a side project with guitarist billy howerdel. atm moment members include jame iha (smashing pumpkins) twiggy ramirez (manson) maynard (tool) and a few others. These guys play a wide range of stuff from heavy prog rock Magdalena, Judith to melodic ballads such as Nurse Who loved me. They have two albums Thirteenth Step and MEr De Noms both very different from each other.

Man there is so much good stuff out there get away from the commericial crap its not very good

My brother is a fan of a Perfect Circle, he has both their albums. I think it's pretty weird stuff. For some reason their music reminds me of Pink Floyd.

Perfect Circle also has a covers album out, btw (Emotive). :)

Give Machine Head's first album a go (Burn My Eyes). If you want, you can check out some Industrial-Metal like Ministry (Psalm 69) or American Head Charge (The Feeding), though they stink a lot more often than Ministry. Fear Factory are another good one; check out "Archetype" or "Demanufacture", and by any means neccessary avoid "Digimortal". Please. White Zombie's is also a good choice, and by extension Rob Zombie is as well. And if you really want to get head****ed, get some Atari Teenage Riot (in fact anything from this site).

KagePrototype said:
White Zombie's is also a good choice, and by extension Rob Zombie is as well.
Rob Zombie is the older brother of Spyder, lead singer of Powerman 5k.

Similar music, but I'm not a Zombie fan.

Rammstein is a brilliant german band. if you like Disturbed then you'll like them. one of ther tracks was on the film triple X, (fight fire with fire) :E

You might like these albums:

Alexisonfire - Alexisonfire
Alexisonfire - Watch Out!
Billy Talent - Billy Talent

All three albums have their fair share of screaming, guitar riffs, and good songwriting. If you want a preview of the BT disc, go to www.billytalent.com, which has four songs off their CD that you can listen to from the main page.

Bastet said:
Rammstein is a brilliant german band. if you like Disturbed then you'll like them. one of ther tracks was on the film triple X, (fight fire with fire) :E

It was Feuer Frei! (meaning Open Fire), not Fight Fire with Fire (that's a Metallica song :p).

Back