Soon...

Meh...it's nice, but I'm still a sucker for the white uniform.

That looks Sweet. Nice skin.

I'd like to see that with a water texture.
Hell, even realistic water model where when the model moves suddenly, some of the water falls out of place and splashes on the ground :D

Ooh, just think of when a grenade explodes next to the water model, splash.
Bullets? See them traveling through the model! :D

Ahh, that would indeed be teh shiznit.
-Alix

very nice, looks absolutely great!

I'm still waiting for predator-like cloak skin.
that would be ubercool looking
but using it - extremely unfair imo :p

Alix Mcdean said:
I'd like to see that with a water texture.
Hell, even realistic water model where when the model moves suddenly, some of the water falls out of place and splashes on the ground :D

Ooh, just think of when a grenade explodes next to the water model, splash.
Bullets? See them traveling through the model! :D

Ahh, that would indeed be teh shiznit.
-Alix

aye but sadly impossible on the source engine currently

oh shit, I just thought of a cool idea. Maybe a new power up thing or w/e for deatmatch. You pick up a cloak thing and it applies a water skin to your model, it would be like a cloak, kind of like Halo 2 or other games. Im just sayin since its there it would be prolly pretty easy to add.

I tried a water skin, but entities would show through as if they were in front of the model.

Err... isnt that just the shader from one of the slabs in the VST? It doesnt even look like metal at all, it has big squares all over it for a start.

If you don't like it, just don't download it. Maybe you could do better.

That wasnt my point, whether i like it or not doesnt matter, but you should say that all youve done is used a material from the VST (to be clear that your not trying to pass it off as your own work). Putting a thread title like soon... as if its some big thing that youve acheived is stupid. Anyone can take one of valves shaders and plonk it on a model.

Well, I like it. Definatly cool and i Could care less if someone uses Valve's shaders.

-Alix

I wrote the shader. I made the texture.
Those who can, do.
Those who can't, critique.

------------
Good work Fragger, dont mind these other idiots =/

-Alix

Alix Mcdean said:
Does anything intelligent and constructive EVER come out of your posts?
------------
Good work Fragger, dont mind these other idiots =/

-Alix
No there doesnt, get used to it or DIE thank you

Oh
report.gif
how I lurve you.

-Alix

i think its cool, i probably wont use it but its still cool.

nice skin......too bad there are pre-teens in the forums today

I wanna know how to do that, where did u learn?

(Fragger) said:
I wrote the shader. I made the texture.
Those who can, do.
Those who can't, critique.

I dont believe that for a second, it looks identical to one of the shaders from the VST.

And why is there such a huge difference in quality between your first skin and the second one? (which looks good). I dont understand why someone capable of making a decent skin would come up with such a half assed effort as the first one.

I think both first and second skin are great... second skin with that things in the arm in red would be just awsome! :D

Keep it up the good work! :p

I just like the first skin. By the way, I don't think other players in HL2 DM see you as a new skin... I mean they will only see you as another combine soldier. But they won't see the combine skin.

Combine Hybrid said:
I just like the first skin. By the way, I don't think other players in HL2 DM see you as a new skin... I mean they will only see you as another combine soldier. But they won't see the combine skin.

They will see ya if they have the skin. If not, they will just see the "random" character. ( the character that valve choose for the default [i dunno who's])

If the server has the skin, you'll probably download it from it. If you have the skin, who cares what the others see?:)
I will submit them to HL2Files.com today, but they're slow to post. :E
NB. said:
I dont believe that for a second, it looks identical to one of the shaders from the VST.

And why is there such a huge difference in quality between your first skin and the second one? (which looks good). I dont understand why someone capable of making a decent skin would come up with such a half assed effort as the first one.
I think you haven't realized that I couldn't care less about your opinion. Look at all the posts. It seems that you're the only one who doesn't like it. Well, boo hoo. :rolleyes:

Good work dude...**** them haters. Aint seen one of them with there own shit for us to see.

Cool skin.. it looks like metal Mario from Mario 64.

..oh, and Transmit, you're a total ass.

thats what i was thinking. i like the metal look. would it be possible to make one from water that splashes when it gets shot instead of blood squirting?

BaNDiT said:
thats what i was thinking. i like the metal look. would it be possible to make one from water that splashes when it gets shot instead of blood squirting?
(Fragger) said:
I tried a water skin, but entities would show through as if they were in front of the model.
It helps to read the whole thread. :E

The metal skin is interesting looking but maybe it would be cool if there were just patches of the shininess put in place on a slightly more conventional skin?

Just a personal thought on the matter but otherwise, seems pretty impressive! :D

(Fragger) said:
I wish there was an "IGNORE" button.
Oh but there is my good man, pull up their profile and select ignore...

Back