source dedicated server

S

smeggster

i dunno if this has been posted anywhere before but here it is again (Sorry)

can anyone tell me how to configure my server?? like FF and stuff??

i saw a map vote the other day aswell, any ideas where i might find such information??

cheers
smeggster

yeah id like to know as well, im making a canadian clan and i made a dedicated server for it, but i dont know the first thing about configurin it like a ranking system or even a pic at the beginning when u join the server. a big nice red maple leaf would fit so perfectly.

i think it has to do with certian plugins that you can download to your server to have that stuff

http://www.mani-admin-plugin.com/forums/portal.php
Thats all you need. I run it on my dedicated server and it's very simple, To access the admin powers you will need to install the plug-in (very easy) and then you need to (while your playing CSS on any server) type status into the console and take note of the STEAM ID. Then in your dedicated server folder (in one of the sub-folders from the plug-in) you will find a txt file titled adminlist or something close. Enter your steam id into that file (there are instructions in the file) and your all set.
You can even set up new commands and customize a lot of stuff via those text files. This also gives you bots with 4 difficulty settings.
Note: To open admin menu type admin into console or bind a key to admin like this. Open your console and type: bind "l" "admin" I use L but you can use whatever you want.
For further help check the mani forums or email me at [email protected]

oh and to add that mapple leaf you were talking about make a text file in your dedicated server/cstrike file tittled "motd" and enter this in:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<title>Cstrike MOTD</title>
<style type="text/css">
pre {
font-family:Verdana,Tahoma;
color:#FFB000;
}
body {
background:#000000;
margin-left:8px;
margin-top:0px;