Source SDK on Steam update history

im getting a message atm saying steam sever are too busy to upload css to me. maybe this means somthing? i dunno

k it works now :cat:

mutt said:
im getting a message atm saying steam sever are too busy to upload css to me. maybe this means somthing? i dunno

No, it just means that the Steam servers are too busy to upload CS:S to you.

All we can do is wait..

edit: Good to hear. Have fun playing. :D

The tools are coming today (Hammer, model viewer, etc).

cliffe said:

/me salivates :O

There are no words to describe my happiness. All I can say is that I'm really happy, but not overly happy.

:E

Thanks Cliffe for verifying this.
Im guessing at 4pm Pacific Coast?

AgentXen said:
Thanks Cliffe for verifying this.
Im guessing at 4pm Pacific Coast?

We are ready to pull the trigger sooner than that. Standy by...

cliffe said:
We are ready to pull the trigger sooner than that. Standy by...

Exellent.... in that case i will stick around here.

mutt said:
do you have a beard?

No, sorry. =) I'm just a very mature... well I'm a mature... ahh I stoped smoking 2 months ago and I'm allowed to smoke cigarrs (since I only smoke like one or 2 a month, better than a cupple of 100 ciggarets)

cliffe said:
wow.... just wow, was not expecting this.

I just soiled myself.
thank you :D

A few questions Cliffe, if you have time.

What will the tools allow us to do at the current moment when they are released?

Is it to get a head start in learning the software?
Can we start making maps for Counter-Strike: Source?
Can we add our new models?

AgentXen said:
A few questions Cliffe, if you have time.

What will the tools allow us to do at the current moment when they are released?

Is it to get a head start in learning the software?
Can we start making maps for Counter-Strike: Source?
Can we add our new models?

They will allow you to make 3rd party CS:S maps.

nice, can you tell us in how many hours/ minutes, till hammer comes out, since i'm in a differnet timezone?

Thank you for the heads up. The time is appreciated.

MAY THE MODDING BEGIN! Alot of talented people frequent these forums....there will be maps galore by monday!

K, now I'm starting to wonder how many announcements you can make in one thread...whoohoo!
:cool:

Weee!!!! CS:S maps!!! Ok, cs:s kinda sucks (sorry to say this cliffe) but as long as I can make maps I'm happy! =) Expect a map (a good map) from me within days. =)

cadaveca said:
Thank you for the heads up. The time is appreciated.

MAY THE MODDING BEGIN! Alot of talented people frequent these forums....there will be maps galore by monday!

Albeit crappy ones...it takes time to make good maps.

i might start making personal maps, possibly a training map and release it? *looks for hammer tutorials*

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On the front page of HL2.net, it says that they are releasing the SDK TODAY!!! AND SOON!!!

This is SO AWESOME!! (sorry for the childlike giddyness, but this is just too cool!)

EEK! Now I know what I'm doing with my Friday night!!! :cheers:

release it soon !! almost bed time here in sweden :( i wanna mod:D

It's out.

----

Source SDK Tools Available Now
November 5, 2004, 1:52 pm · valve

Valve has released the Source Software Development Kit (SDK) Tools via Steam. A precursor to the release of the full SDK, which will be released shortly after Half-Life 2 is made available, the Source SDK Tools release offers a comprehensive toolset for starting production on Source-based MODs, including Hammer, XSI EXP for Half-Life 2, compiling tools, the Source Model Viewer, documentation on programming, modeling, building materials, and more. For more information, please visit collective.valve-erc.com

Half-Life 2 Pre-Loading Phase 7
November 5, 2004, 9:00 am · valve

The seventh phase of the Half-Life 2 preload begins to Steam account holders today. This will allow users to download localized Half-Life 2 content and other content in encrypted form. No purchase is required to pre-load Half-Life 2, but is required to activate the game. The moment the game is made available, those who have pre-loaded and purchased the game via Steam will be ready to start playing.

kiwii said:
release it soon !! almost bed time here in sweden :( i wanna mod:D

Hehe, I know... My gf is going to bed now, but I'm staying up. Have told her not to expect me in bed before 6 AM. =)

cliffe said:
It's out.

----

Source SDK Tools Available Now
November 5, 2004, 1:52 pm · valve

Valve has released the Source Software Development Kit (SDK) Tools via Steam. A precursor to the release of the full SDK, which will be released shortly after Half-Life 2 is made available, the Source SDK Tools release offers a comprehensive toolset for starting production on Source-based MODs, including Hammer, XSI EXP for Half-Life 2, compiling tools, the Source Model Viewer, documentation on programming, modeling, building materials, and more. For more information, please visit collective.valve-erc.com

Half-Life 2 Pre-Loading Phase 7
November 5, 2004, 9:00 am · valve

The seventh phase of the Half-Life 2 preload begins to Steam account holders today. This will allow users to download localized Half-Life 2 content and other content in encrypted form. No purchase is required to pre-load Half-Life 2, but is required to activate the game. The moment the game is made available, those who have pre-loaded and purchased the game via Steam will be ready to start playing.

Yay!
6 charhar

Back