Special HL2 pre-order deal

Sorry not been back sooner with details of DVD edition still waiting to find out from Vivendi if they will be suppling this to us, will keep you informed as and when I get information.

As for overseas we will supply to most countries for Euorpean delivery there is a £4 charge for the Rest of the World £8.

Release date and posting issues, we send the games 2 days before release so that there is a chance people who have it on 2nd class delivery will recieve on the Friday of release however Royal Mail give a 2-5 delivery time for 2nd class post so as an estimate I would say 95% should arrive on release date.

On 1st class delivery Royal Mail give a 1 to 3 day delivery so everybody who chooses first class delivery will recieve it for release day.

Also can you let me know if you would be intrested in the guide books that are going to accompany the game. Click links for more details. http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore...ext&subject=&Keyword=half+life+2&platform=ALL
Will do special offers of game & guide.

Will be back on later today then off for the weekend.

Will also find out about the t-shirt for you all

help!

Hi,

If u order it there when will u get it by mail? the same day as the others come in to thze stores ore what?

im from belgium btw

For those talking about Credit Cards... why dont you get a Debit card? You will probably get a SOLO Cash Card... and then maybe a Switch.

I have a Switch Debit Card which i use.

Debit cards all the way. Credit cards can get you into so much trouble if you mess up just once.

Anyway. I pre ordered halflife from GAME in early June some time, they werent offerening it at £24.99 then but shortly after they changed it to that price. It will be dispatched the day before release, so it will arrive on the 30th. :)

I won't touch a credit card! An overdraft is much better than dumb credit cards.
With virtually all online shops taking debit cards I'll never get a credit card.

They can be useful if you know how to use them. They are unfortunatly used by people who cant afford to use them/people who cant look after them.

erm, am i the only one that noticed but i swear it was £24.99 anyway from gameplay?

Pre-order? nahh... im afraid that Sierra will delay the releasing date. that would suck, like they did to CS: CZ i'd still buy it in the store

yeah, you should extend that deal to people who live in the US. ^____^

I wouldnt realy call it a "special" deal when most other online retailers are selling for that price. If they were to lower the price further, nearer to £20 then I would consider taking up the offer.

er yeah, nice research deathmark, take note that the "most other retailers" are not all at that low price, and the ones that are, charge postage as well...
go figure

Bear in mind you'll be able to buy and download the game over Steam the minute it's released. Of course, you'll need to be connected to the net every time you play it.

Originally posted by aqq
Thats awesome, its still alot of money tough.

Err, you're not still getting pocket money are you? I think those of us with jobs can scrape together 20 odd quid

"Half-life 1 was delayed by a whole year!"

How is £24.99 a lot of money for a game? Now games are coming at at £40 a time.

If you pre-order it from gameplay are you sure it will come on Spet 30th?

I'd rather be sure and go down to my local WoolWorths.

Camp outside or something...:p

Originally posted by MaDMaXX
er yeah, nice research deathmark, take note that the "most other retailers" are not all at that low price, and the ones that are, charge postage as well...
go figure

Maybe it was a mistake to say "most other retailers". But the online store I use is selling HL2 for £24:99 including delivery (http://www.gamesplanet.co.uk) and I just assumed that other stores would also have this price too. Having said that Games Planet are usually slightly cheaper than other online retailers.

it sucks that the cheapest its going to cost in the US is $50 and £25 is a good deal even when translated into $ which would be less than $40.

If HL2 really comes out on the 30th of september 2k3, UK will recieve it on the 3rd of october.
I pre-ordered HL2 from specialreserve and they said 3rd october!

I think there's a rule in the UK that you can only release stuff on a Friday. Something to do with the Charts I think.

I could be making this up.

24 pounds.. that's really cheap.

here in germany it'll cost more for sure.
the best online shop in germany is http://www.okaysoft.de .
they are very reliable. it's a popular online shop.
there I will pre order HL 2.

normally with gameplay, first class comes next day (so day before release) and second class takes 2 days.

no free shipping to the states, very disappointed, I'll be buying this elsewhere now.

isn't there any place to buy this at about the same price without getting reamed on shipping? shipped to the USA of course. Probably start checking the canadian sites, wtf is the deal with retailers here? Seems like all the co.uk sites are selling at this price...I was fairly sure prices were fixed.....guess not.

i'm going to buy it from there!
I am also dumb
(Trying to down load gameplay video WITHOUT broadband) :x

The release date will not be in September.

All the people who are ordering it from gamesplanet I hope you enjoy sitting in your house on the day on release looking at a blank screen cause the game never arrived on day of release.

All those of you who have used the link for Gameplay, thanks for you order.

Still no word on any special DVD edition will keep you informed.

yeah only thing i've noticed about gamesplant is that they don't state they will send it out to arrive on the say of release. Although its in Chaz's interest to keep coming back here and assuring us, its good that they have someone willing to state they will release it tot he postal service in time to get it on release day, or near as damnit.
other than that, deathmark, i hadn't seen them, but then, can you say that they will post it before release?

If they start selling the silverbox then i will buy from there.

Here are a few expected delivery times for the people who wish to order outside of the UK.

Western Euorpean (Spain,France,Germany etc) usually between 3 and 10 days after dispatch

Rest of Europe usually between 5 and 14 days

Rest of World between 7 and 21 days

Im looking to be able to offer lowere postage cost for the customers in the US but need to speak to my Warehouse Manager on Monday

Included link to the offer page again so people dont have to go all the way back to first post

http://www.gameplay.co.uk/cgi-bin/pl_reff.cgi?id2=HL2NET&s=RM00327

Remeber any questions you can leave a post or contact me direct at [email protected]

Thats strange, a few days ago Games Planet had the release date on September 30th. They must have been contacted by Vivendi for them to give en exact date of release (28th November). I'm starting to think this delay rumour is true. If it is GamePlay won't be shipping in September either.

And if you read the FAQ for GamesPlanet you'll come across this.

"Gamesplanet endeavor to have all pre-ordered new release games to your door on the day of release at the very latest. For obvious reasons, we cannot predict delays from Royal Mail after the game has been dispatched but in most cases you should receive the game the day after dispatch"

ugh, this is turning into a vendetta against me :/
well, it looks like they are neck and neck then.

I'm still hesitating... should I preorder? or go have a fistfight with other HL fanboys at the store? decisions... decisions...

which do you prefer.. camping outside a store or in your bedroom :p

i will get one at the store asap:) Not far from where i life :cheese:

Back