spherified cube

I can't even picture that in my head.

it a modifier in 3d max but dont know wich one it is:)

doesnt that have to do with like the uvw map?

meshsmooth it so it has enough subdivisions to spheriphy (max modifier)

although I dont know why you'd want to do that....

Under the create geometry role out there is a drop down menu, change it from standard primitives to extended primitives. Make a chamferBox, i think thats what you mean by a spherified cube?!

I know what you're talking about. The spherify must be in the modifyerlist. You are talking about the one wiro uses in his head tutorial right?
www.secondreality.ch
Unfortunately I don't use max, but I remember he used it... Maybe the others here, the maxers, Know what you mean now.

An edgeloop is nothing you can "go to do" An edgeloop is a loop of edges that that usually follow the pattern of the muscles underneath the skin. (when it comes to anatomic modeling) you can se a good example around the eyes and mouth of good wires. The edges can't stop in the mesh somewhere, it needs to loop so the deformation won't get messed. It's easy to see if you download an image of the facial muscle structure. To sum it up an edgeloop is a loop of edges where your fist edge meets the last edge you create making it a seamless path of edges. This is something you need to watch out for while modeling. You cant just do an edgeloop just like that ;)

Its really hard to picture what u want to do :) but yeah use the cut tool (if you have IchIs Vids watch Video 3 from 31 minutes in and he uses the cut tool probably how you want to use it).

You should not be working on a head if you lack experience. A head is one of the harder meshes to work on. You should get a more decent understanding of your software. Model some more tutorials, go through the F1-tutorials cause you are using max and they are good. THEN, you can go on modeling the head.

well...

If it's what I think it is. You can use an FFD box modifier (I think that's what it is) It'll give u a gizmo to distort a cube

well i am complete noob and i am doing that tut presently, just go into editable mesh, select faces and select all thos faces all around and then click cut button on the bar on the right and just slice each of those red faces in half

Back