Spiderman 2 is awesome

Reaction score
I just got back from the 12:01 showing of Spiderman 2. All I can say is they met my expectations and surpassed them. They didn't have to spend so much time on the whole getting to know Spidey thing...but they spent it on more character time (which I found to be a good thing). Much better than the first if you ask me. There's some pretty funny parts too that I didn't expect. They also set it up for another sequel...because we all know a 3rd one is coming.

Oh...and see if you can spot Stan Lee again. I'm almost positive my friends and I spotted him.

yes, it was great. i thought dr. octopus was a way better bad guy than green goblin. enjoyed it much.

May I ask, what did you people think of the original?

mortiz said:
May I ask, what did you people think of the original?

Total suxxor IMO.
I'll check the 2nd tho. I always love Stan Lee's cameos.

I thought the first one was great, looking forward to the second one, and third.

First one was kind of too "teenyboppers" for me. They should have put Venom as Spiderman's nemesis.

Liked the first one a lot and am looking forward to the second. Glad to hear the "normal people" (read that as in: not pro reviewers like Ebert and Roper) are liking it. Always have doubts with those guys....

Got to love Sam Raimi! From low budget gore Evil Dead flicks...to multimillion dollar blockbusters.

Someone said:
Liked the first one a lot and am looking forward to the second. Glad to hear the "normal people" (read that as in: not pro reviewers like Ebert and Roper) are liking it. Always have doubts with those guys....

Got to love Sam Raimi! From low budget gore Evil Dead flicks...to multimillion dollar blockbusters.

Don't forget Peter Jackson did it as well!

In my opinion he probably did it better than Sam Raimi.

First one was good, but then it became extremely dull due to our media class endlessly studying it for our exam. I will check out the 2nd one as soon as its released over here.

I thought the first one was actually quite good, I mean tis difficult to make such a film when you have this power...You just have to exercise great responsability. Because remember, with great power comes great responsability, great responsability is something that has to come with great power and with great power comes great responsability.

CB | Para said:
First one was kind of too "teenyboppers" for me. They should have put Venom as Spiderman's nemesis.

Well first spidey needs to go to a different universe to get that suite and that could be even a little more teenybopper.

I think Dr.conners will be the next villian, that could be kinda cool.

i'd prefer venom to be the next villain, i think that he was my favorite of the series and comics

I liked the orriginal. It was a really fun film if you ask me! :)

I will be seeing the sequal asap. :)

[Matt] said:
He appears during the carnival scene

I just watched the carnival scene (the World Unity Day Festival right?)

And I didn't see him...exactly where does he appear? And when?

Nevermind, I see him, he appears as one of the panicking people when goblin starts bombing, right in the middle of the screen.

http://www.accesswave.ca/~garrymullins/Stan.JPG

Sai said:
i'd prefer venom to be the next villain, i think that he was my favorite of the series and comics

Yeah I agree, its just that Venom doesn't appear until the 299th issue of the amazing spiderman. There is a lot of pre-story that would have to go along with that to make any kind of since.

I honestly think it will be Dr.Conners (the Lizard) or a combo of the Green Goblin and the Lizard.

it would also be awsome to see Carnage(Cletis Kasady) as a enemy, but we run into the same problem.

Sand Man would be a nice edition aswell.

It is interesting how they ended it. Doc OC is the leader of the sinister six, so I wounder if they will tie all that together.

I believe that Venom has been confirmed as the nemesis for Spiderman 3 (due Summer 2007) :)

Cant wait for the third one, venom will be the best super villian ever on screen.

I liked the first and the second, I thought they were great. But not what I call rewatchable, this is by no means a movie I will go buy, but it is still great, does anyone else know the feeling?

slicktick said:
I liked the first and the second, I thought they were great. But not what I call rewatchable, this is by no means a movie I will go buy, but it is still great, does anyone else know the feeling?

Yeah I feel like that about most movies I watch.

i saw it ealier today and for the most i think it was a good movie.

infact.. i'd go as far as saying that the Spider-Man movie series is as close to perfection one could get as far as the comic books go.

what i did not like about the movie:
what i did not like about the movie is the number of times Peter takes off his mask.. more specifically the train scene.. that bugged me.. its like he was ready to show his face at a whim or something i thought that was a terrible idea.. but other than that the movie was pretty good :)

did this bother anyone else?
i think one of the important things about Spider-Man is the secrecy to his identity... also i thought they revealed his identity to Mary Jane too soon..
i felt it should have been kept a secret til the next movie.. just MHO.

another thing... no Flash Gordon?!!? BOOOOO!!!!
did not like that...he should have been part of the story.

i just got back, awesome movie, special effects were great, and doc oc owned mad people

Venom as villain would be cool, Carnage on the other hand would be much cooler imho :), he was my fav in the comics

i guess what i mentioned in the spoiler tags pple don't have a problem with.. :|
i don't understand how Eddie Brock, Flash Gordon and Felicia Hardy are not a part of this movie.. these are important characters in the Spider-Man comics..

can I ask how you all rank it?
since 1 to 10 or "amazing good" or "multi-expensive bad movie

My friend just came back from the first show, here. He said that the actor who did Doc Oc was awesome - he really brought justice to the villian. Can't wait to see it meself!

The first Spiderman film wasn't bad; wasn't exactly brilliant either but it could've been way worse. I'll definitely see the second one when it appears in the UK.

Venom/Carnage in the future films would suit me! Something tells me we won't see the less-loved villians at all... Rhino, The Scorpion, that weird electric dude etc... simply because they have a weaker backstory and they're just, bluntly, less interesting than the big players. Might appear as brief, pointless henchmen mind...

I just saw it and it was great. You really need to see the first movie to get all the inside jokes, as the second is loaded with them. Although they did such a great job with the second that you don't need to see the original to like this movie. The two can be viewed as one big movie (like the Matrix only better). I really like that the second paid homage to the first. The movie was unpredictable most of the time as well.

It was surprising how many future villians were introduced as well. You venom lovers may get your wish. I may even see it again!!

NOTE: Shrek 2, Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban, Spider-man 2; all these sequels were better than the original. It's good to see filmakers doing the right thing and not releasing it just for the money.

the only reason theyre making it better is so they can make a 3 :p

atleast with harry potter and spider-man...

i mean cmon the right thing... making a movie of a book or comic is never the right thing imho, they can still be good and enjoyable but its still different...

god, i'm gonna be seeing it tomorow at 4:45 p.m. american easter time, i would have seen it today but my brother's at school and i can't get a ride without him, i'm honestly shaking in my pants waiting for it. and i just saw the original again today b/c it was hbo, hype meter is off the scale at this point

Sai said:
god, i'm gonna be seeing it tomorow at 4:45 p.m. american easter time, i would have seen it today but my brother's at school and i can't get a ride without him, i'm honestly shaking in my pants waiting for it. and i just saw the original again today b/c it was hbo, hype meter is off the scale at this point

You won't be disappointed. In fact I would recommend going a little early so that you can actually get tickets. Today we were fortunate, but as it approaches the weekend, more and more people will want to see it.

I want to see shocker.. or scorpion... or rhino... or carnage... :p

1. Spiderman 1 was good.
2. Spiderman 2 was a masterpiece.
3. Green Goblin is his biggest nemisis so it fits that he's the first one. And they're telling it in order, they're not just picking random bad guys from the comic.
4. As for your spoiler, it didn't ruin the movie, it made it better that he revealed himself. Relieved alot of tension between MJ and Spiderman.

I was ho-hum about the first one, but #2 was really good. It was altogether a very solid movie.

Dr. Octopus has always been the best spidey villain ever. But i'm robot-biased. :)

moz4rt said:
yes, it was great. i thought dr. octopus was a way better bad guy than green goblin. enjoyed it much.

While I haven't seen the second one yet... William Dafoe's rendition of the Green Goblin in the first one, in my opinion, was awesome. My favorite scene was when he talked to himself in the mirror. So be quiet! :p

theagentsmith said:
While I haven't seen the second one yet... William Dafoe's rendition of the Green Goblin in the first one, in my opinion, was awesome. My favorite scene was when he talked to himself in the mirror. So be quiet! :p

Actually IMO dafoe exaggerated a bit too much as the Green Goby. Good actor nonetheless.

This new dude (dunno his name), looks much cooler as Doc oc and I can't wait to see this film!

Back