Spiderman 2 is awesome

A True Canadian said:
Kurt Conners transforms into the lizard in the comics.
John Jameson is responsible for bringing the alien symbiote (Venom) to Earth (also from the comics).

There's some others too, but I won't say anything to ruin the movie for thse who haven't seen it.

I am not sure if John brought back the costume, it doesn't seem like it would make since if he did,

The costume that was heralded as Spider-Man's new costume back in Amazing Spider-Man #252...The costume made it's debut in Secret Wars #8 as Spider-Man on the Beyonder's planet during the Secret Wars...Spider-Man tried to replace his costume with a new one from an alien device that created new costumes...Well, he used the wrong one and an alien black substance formed over his body becoming a "costume"...The Alien Black costume was able to produce it's own unlimited webbing and it wasn't until Amazing Spider-Man #258 that it was realized that the costume was alien in nature with help from Reed Richards. The costume broke free from containment and went on to take on it's first host, an unnamed man from Indiana in Spectacular Spider-Man #99. It eventually met it's "master" in Eddie Brock and later went on to become part of Venom when bonded with Brock.

http://www.samruby.com/Spiderverse/Spiderman/costumeframe.htm

Also Curt is spelled with a "C" :cheese:

Brian Damage said:
I'd only ever seen the cartoons on morning TV before I saw the movies, and I never really paid much attention to them, so could someone please tell me...

If Harry becomes the Green Goblin, like his dad did, who becomes the HobGoblin?

Personally, I see the next movie as having a team-up of two or more villains in it...

Yeah its the lizard and Green Goblin II. However I would alos like to see Sandman. With the special fx the can do today, Sandman would look awsome.

The Hobgoblin (Roderick Kingsley) gained his powers when he stumbled upon the Green Goblins hidden lair.

Loved the movie. Thought it was better than the first actually. It didn't have the long setup time for the begining of the movie and Doc Oct was better than the Green Goblin in the first movie. IMO
The ending was improved over the first movie's ending as well. ha

Ok, So Osborn Jr will be Greengoblin 2 in Spiderman 3.
I assume you all noticed Dr. Connor in this movie (Peter's professor), who later becomes the Lizard.
Jameson has been introduced.

How do you think Spiderman 3 will pan out? If they do a 4,5 or 6, what about those?
I think they have a lot of options open to them.

Isn't the Venom copy right owned by New Line? Venom would be nice but possibly out of reach. Either they will have to work something out or buy the rights. If they do decide to use Venom down the line, I doubt they will do it by introducing the Beyonder. They would most likely go along with the Cartoon Spiderman storyline which sent Jameson into space and back with the symbiote aboard the shuttle.

I would like to see the Lizard as well. The character is already introduced (Dr Connor) and would follow the storyline pretty well. I'm not sure about Kraven the hunter, Shocker, or the Rino. They seem more minor characters although do-able for appearances in future films. I don't know if Hobgoblin would be just more of the same and confuse the public who don't follow up on Comics.

Any Spidey fans out there, please take some time to sign this petition. Usually, online petitions don't work but MAYBE this will. DO YOU WANT SPIDER-MAN 2: THE GAME be ported from consoles to PC? Sign on if u wanna SWINGClick Here

TerminatorT850 said:
Any Spidey fans out there, please take some time to sign this petition. Usually, online petitions don't work but MAYBE this will. DO YOU WANT SPIDER-MAN 2: THE GAME be ported from consoles to PC? Sign on if u wanna SWINGClick Here
Spider-man is better suited for consoles.

I didn't think Spiderman 2 was awesume, but it was a good movie. Probably as good as the first one from my point of view. Dr. Oc was cool though.

I am not sure if John brought back the costume, it doesn't seem like it would make since if he did.

Having grown-up watching the spider-man cartoon frm the 90's (one of the best cartoon serials this side of anime) I sometimes get mixed up with the comic storyline and the TV show storyline.

In the cartoon, John Jameson accidently brings the symbiote back to Earth on his shuttle from a sample of Promethium X that was taken from the moon's surface. When it is revieled that the Promethium X is valued at over 100 million dollars, the Kingpin hires Rhino (and later Shocker) to retrive the element. One chunk of the Promethium X is enough to blow up the planet, so a power struggle ensues. And while that's going on, Spider-man is allowing the symboit to control him and take over. Once he is free however, the symbiote finds it's way to Eddie Brock and Venom is born.

It's a good premise (got that all from memory) but unlikely to happen. Kingpin is made an exclusive villian to the Daredevil movie(s). Rhino and Shocker are not practical to be main villians, but they will serve well as henchmen. At least with the cartoon premise, you could throw in all sorts of villians all trying to get a hold of the Promethium X.

It seems more plausible than something including the Beyonder and the introduction of dimensions. I think that's better suited for the X-Men rather than Spider-Man. Something that intense, and you could loose the authenticity and appeal that the Spider-man movies have done so well.

Since Harry found his dad's goblin goodies, it doesn't mean he necessarily has to become the Green Goblin. How about he hires Roderick Kingsley (the Hobgoblin) instead?

Here are some potential villians for the third film that I haven't mentioned earlier:

• Mysterio
  • Scorpion
  • Vulture
  • Chamelion
  • Electro

I never really like the Sandman, but he may also be a great possibility.

There's many routes that they can take the story now, and it's great that they've left things as open as ever. I cannot wait to see the third. I predict: "Best Superhero Trilogy Ever" unless they continue after three.

Did anyone else think that the DoC Ock surgery scene reeked of Evil Dead? Or is that just me?

DarkStar said:
Did anyone else think that the DoC Ock surgery scene reeked of Evil Dead? Or is that just me?
Thats funny considering the guy to direct both Evil deads and AOD directed Spiderman and Spiderman 2. :E

brink's said:
Thats funny considering the guy to direct both Evil deads and AOD directed Spiderman and Spiderman 2. :E

Yeah, I know that. I thought it was just a cool nod by Sam Raimi to fans of his earlier movies. Especially the chainsaw stuff.

Ya and Bruce Campbell and small cameos in both, I thought that was cool.

I loved harry's acting.. the guy was SUBERB as he begin to slip and go psycho

A True Canadian said:
It's a good premise (got that all from memory) but unlikely to happen. Kingpin is made an exclusive villian to the Daredevil movie(s). Rhino and Shocker are not practical to be main villians, but they will serve well as henchmen. At least with the cartoon premise, you could throw in all sorts of villians all trying to get a hold of the Promethium X.

It seems more plausible than something including the Beyonder and the introduction of dimensions. I think that's better suited for the X-Men rather than Spider-Man. Something that intense, and you could loose the authenticity and appeal that the Spider-man movies have done so well.
Yeah, I think it would be tough either way, to bring the symbiote into the story and everything that brings with it (Black spiderman, Venom and Carnage).
I bet they will stop at 3. I wish they didn't though. I would love to have another series of 3 dedicated to the symbiote or other villians.

If they want to bring Venom into the picture then that is the way they will probably have to do it.

A True Canadian said:
Since Harry found his dad's goblin goodies, it doesn't mean he necessarily has to become the Green Goblin. How about he hires Roderick Kingsley (the Hobgoblin) instead?
I think the fact that they had the voice of the Green Goblin and his father, makes sure it is the Green Goblin 2. They are following the storyline pretty well so far and it only makes sense to continue. What about the lizard? Ya think he will make an appearance?

A True Canadian said:
Here are some potential villians for the third film that I haven't mentioned earlier:

• Mysterio
  • Scorpion
  • Vulture
  • Chamelion
  • Electro

I never really like the Sandman, but he may also be a great possibility.

There's many routes that they can take the story now, and it's great that they've left things as open as ever. I cannot wait to see the third. I predict: "Best Superhero Trilogy Ever" unless they continue after three.
Scorpion would be a good fit and up there on my list.
I agree. They have done a great job so far and I think this Trilogy will be the best of all the Comic/Superhero movies.

With Connors being mentioned in the first movie, and appearing in the second, I'd say there's a good chance The Lizard will be in the third. Obviously since Harry found his father's stash, someone will be another Goblin, green or otherwise.

I rather hope there isn't a fourth, fifth, sixth, etc unless the same group of people who worked on the first three are involved. I don't think the future movies will be as good without Sam Rami, Danny Elfman, Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, the guy who plays Jameson, etc. Look what happend to the Batman movies after Burton and Keaton left.

Mr-Fusion said:
Well i absolutely loved it i just have one question
When the people are carrying spiderman after he passes out at the train scene, is that carrying from any literature? I noticed a similar thing happens to Neo in Matrix Revolutions. What is it from? It seems like it's inspired from some old hero story or something. I don't know, it could be nothing

I just realized something. Yes, it is a reference to the Bible, as other people have said, but think about the scene right before it...

Think about the entire scene with Spiderman stopping the train. He is trying to save a huge group of people from being killed by running off the tracks. So he shoots his web out everywhere and holds on for dear life. When he does this, his arms are outstretched and he is going through agonizing pain. The way I see it, this scene is clearly a reference to Christ suffering on the cross.

I think it's pretty cool that this kind of symbolism can make it into an action movie based on a comic book.

Uhhm i think the villian in Spiderman 3 might be "The Hob Goblin" (Green Goblins Son or Harry Osbourne) I mean the ending in part 2 was kinda giving it away.

could very well be him, and perhaps Venom aswell ;)...

yeh kool movie anyway :D

Back