Spiderman 2 is awesome

I'll probably see it with my buddies on Friday or something.
That was so weird, last night I had this dream where they were showing it in the gym in my school, and I didn't watch it for some reason. What a strange dream.

A True Canadian said:
It was surprising how many future villians were introduced as well. You venom lovers may get your wish. I may even see it again!!

could you explain? i haven't read the comics so i didn't see villians introduced--i only caught the really obvious one.

from what i've seen (not much actually) some of the scenes with him swinging around the city have a graphical quality on par with the likes of HL2...scary. Come on guys its a movie! You *can* afford the time to do a final render...argh. Maybe that is their idea of final render...

Spider-man 2 was a masterpiece. Sam Rami and everyone involved with that film was brilliant. I can't say enough good things about this movie. They took a great deal of time with character development in this film, and it really draws you into each character and the choices/consequences they face throughout. They do an incredible job of demonstrating the rollercoaster of emotions our hero (Peter Parker) struggles with. The actor playing Dr. Oc was brilliant as well. His performance was on par with any actor out there. He makes it possible to fully understand the character and his moral dilemmas.

I personally thought the special effects and CGI were excellent. They captured so many great poses and shots of classic spider-man from the comics. This series is by far the best comic adaptation our there. Their commitment to bring the classic comics to live action on the big screen is exemplary.

Some people mentioned earlier about a possible Venom appearance in the third movie. I won't spoil the ending, but from what I gather that's probably not the case. I also felt it was pretty obvious that this trilogy isn't about the villians, it's a love story with Peter Parker as the hero, not Spider-Man. I thought the ending made it clear where the story would proceed from here, and who the main protagonist will be. Maybe I'm wrong.

For those who haven't seen it, please do so. It's a great piece of film, definitely worth your time and money. It has exceeded the first which seems rather difficult to do considering the history of Hollywood sequals. I'd personally give it high ratings across the board. 5 out of 5 stars. Score of 10 on scale of 1-10. Two thumbs up! Etc. Etc.

mortiz said:
Don't forget Peter Jackson did it as well!

In my opinion he probably did it better than Sam Raimi.

Ahh see have been neglecting those PJ films and really need to see them. Have seen bits and pieces, but not a great deal of them.

Adidajs said:
could you explain? i haven't read the comics so i didn't see villians introduced--i only caught the really obvious one.

Kurt Conners transforms into the lizard in the comics.
John Jameson is responsible for bringing the alien symbiote (Venom) to Earth (also from the comics).

There's some others too, but I won't say anything to ruin the movie for thse who haven't seen it.

A True Canadian said:
Kurt Conners transforms into the lizard in the comics.
John Jameson is responsible for bringing the alien symbiote (Venom) to Earth (also from the comics).

There's some others too, but I won't say anything to ruin the movie for thse who haven't seen it.

kurt connors? where is he in the movie?

oh, i just went to imdb. he's the prof. interesting. very interesting. but it doesn't really set him up with evil tendencies.

I was utterly floored by just how SUPERB this movie is...truly a GREAT film that had the audience clapping at the end. It was so full of humor, warmth, and humanity - something that other comic book movies simply lack.

2007 can't arrive fast enough for us to see the third installment - talk about moral dilemmas that Peter will have to face!

Adidajs said:
kurt connors? where is he in the movie?

oh, i just went to imdb. he's the prof. interesting. very interesting. but it doesn't really set him up with evil tendencies.

At least he has a presence. In most superhero movies there is little to no build-up of characters until they are to become evil in a specific movie. Here's hoping that Eddie Brock will be working at the Bugle in the third.

Dr. Freeman said:
what i did not like about the movie is the number of times Peter takes off his mask.. more specifically the train scene.. that bugged me.. its like he was ready to show his face at a whim or something i thought that was a terrible idea.. but other than that the movie was pretty good :)

did this bother anyone else?
i think one of the important things about Spider-Man is the secrecy to his identity... also i thought they revealed his identity to Mary Jane too soon..
i felt it should have been kept a secret til the next movie.. just MHO.
I think it was done well. Peter Parker had reasons for doing what he did.
Do you remember what happened right before he removed his mask on the train? If I remember correctly, his mask looked like it had just caught on fire (either that or something that got on it was blocking his vision). If he did not remove his mask he would have had a hard time fighting.

In the scene where he reveals himself to MJ, he was trying to reveal himself to Octavius (whom he made friends with earlier) so he could try to calm him down and talk some sense into him (if he showed that he was a friend it would be a lot easier) in order to get his help in stopping the fusion reaction. After he tried shutting the power off but it kept going he had no other choice. By doing this, he accidentally reveals his identity to MJ. With this new information, she knew he had lied about loving her to keep her from being the target of his enemies (and that he wasn't being a jerk when he missed her play, showed up late repeatedly, and appeared lazy).

Must .. not .. touch .. spoiler tags ..ugh!
I'm getting a bit phsyched about this movie now, sounds way better then the first.
Hopefully it'll be released on DVD sometime around chrismas. The movie theaters in my area are horrible (loose carpet, screen so defocused you have to squint, bad toilets etc).
But I'm going to see it one way or another.

OCybrManO said:
Do you remember what happened right before he removed his mask on the train? If I remember correctly, his mask looked like it had just caught on fire (either that or something that got on it was blocking his vision). If he did not remove his mask he would have had a hard time fighting.

In the scene where he reveals himself to MJ, he was trying to reveal himself to Octavius (whom he made friends with earlier) so he could try to calm him down and talk some sense into him (if he showed that he was a friend it would be a lot easier) in order to get his help in stopping the fusion reaction. After he tried shutting the power off but it kept going he had no other choice. By doing this, he accidentally reveals his identity to MJ. With this new information, she knew he had lied about loving her to keep her from being the target of his enemies (and that he wasn't being a jerk when he missed her play, showed up late repeatedly, and appeared lazy).

Keeping it simple... I agree. Back to Spiderman 2 on Xbox :)

OCybrManO said:

i understand why Peter did what he did in the movie.. i am not confused about it in any way.

i am just disappointed that the director chose to go the way he did..
if u follow the comics, u know Peter Parker is not the type to reveal his identity regardless of the situation.. that just isn't him.

i just felt the decision to have his mask off so many times throughout the movie was not "Spidey-like" the part when Peter was jumping buildings un-masked.. somehow i feel it didn't quite add up.

anyway here i am nit-picking while in a previous post i said this Spider-Man movie series is as close to perfection in relation to the comics hollywood has ever gotten.

for anyone reading between the spoiler tags, its just a personal opinion about the direction of the movie and such.. but like i said, its a great movie... don't let whats being said between the spoiler tags scare u from going to see this movie.

its really good!! :thumbs:

AmishSlayer said:
Oh...and see if you can spot Stan Lee again. I'm almost positive my friends and I spotted him.

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but....

Stan Lee is the one who pulls a by-stander out of the way of a falling piece of building as Spidey/Peter is trying to save Aunt May from Doc Oc as they ascend the building.

craigweb said:
Dunno if it's been mentioned, but....

Stan Lee is the one who pulls a by-stander out of the way of a falling piece of building as Spidey/Peter is trying to save Aunt May from Doc Oc as they ascend the building.

Yep. That's exactly where Stan was.. I was about to post the same thing, but you beat me to it..

Spiderman 2 was an awesome movie.. saw it on Saturday. Great flick, it seems the comic book movies get better with sequels.. first X-Men 2, now this :cheers:

in the third movie, spiderman should team up with the rest of the marvel superheroes, then they all fight against all of the capcom characters. Then the could make a sweet videogame of that!!!

Shuzer said:
Yep. That's exactly where Stan was.. I was about to post the same thing, but you beat me to it..

Spiderman 2 was an awesome movie.. saw it on Saturday. Great flick, it seems the comic book movies get better with sequels.. first X-Men 2, now this :cheers:

Yep, I was honestly pleasantly suprised by this movie. But I thought the way that...

Harry found all his dads goblin stuff at the end was a bit silly.

I'd rather have seen some resolution to that story rather than the possibility of using that to set up some hybred sequel.

I thought molina did an excellent job too.

Infact the only thing that annoyed me about the movie was...

The amount of times Spiderman took his mask off, and the amount of people who now know who he is.

Yep. That kinda made me "eh" too, but it was still ALOT better than the first movie.
Also, the CG was spot on, Doc Oc looked great, realistic 95% of the time. I'm a sucker for love stories, I'll admit it, and I've always liked the Peter/MJ storyline.

As for what annoyed me, is more of a future annoyance...

If the Green Goblin costume still looks like a Power Ranger costume in the third movie, I will kill.... alot of people..

Damn, I had to leave in the middle of the movie, as I hate to see a movie twice in a theather, could some one tell me why he was loosing hes powers on the movie.
Thanks.

Spoiler tags man, spoiler tags..

Adrien, to answer your question:

He was losing his powers because his heart was not into being Spiderman anymore. He lost focus on what he was doing it for, and became extremely disheartened. He got them back when he got his focus back

Interesting thanks man, could you also tell me the ending ?

Shuzer said:
If the Green Goblin costume still looks like a Power Ranger costume in the third movie, I will kill.... alot of people..

if you notice they only showed the head of the green goblin costume, thus they may stil yet change the costume b/c of the over complaining of fans and just keep the helmet

Shuzer said:
Spoiler tags man, spoiler tags..

Adrien, to answer your question:

He was losing his powers because his heart was not into being Spiderman anymore. He lost focus on what he was doing it for, and became extremely disheartened. He got them back when he got his focus back

This was one thing I tried to over analyse while I was watching it.

I found myself thinking 'well maybe because he's not eating and sleeping and stuff the protein he needs to make the web isnt there' and thought 'eh! shut up craig!' just after I realised it was probably stress / tried-ness.

Agreed Shuzer too.

But I'd much rather see a different charachter than the Green Goblin in Spider Man 3.

Btw, how do we know SM3 is guarantee'd.. it says nothing on IMDB under Sam Raimi's name, so who's up for direction / acting?

i will be uber pissed if sam raimi doesn't direct the third one

and on a differen't note, did you guys already talk about the inside joke about the scene where he hurts his back?

Well i absolutely loved it i just have one question
When the people are carrying spiderman after he passes out at the train scene, is that carrying from any literature? I noticed a similar thing happens to Neo in Matrix Revolutions. What is it from? It seems like it's inspired from some old hero story or something. I don't know, it could be nothing

My dad's friend's son wrote the script for the original...no, I'm serious.

Adrien C said:
Interesting thanks man, could you also tell me the ending ?

Basically...

Harry, Mary Jane... (and probably Aunt May, but she doesnt see him in the flesh... i.e. face), all find out Peter is Spider Man.

Harry Finds all his dads old Goblin Stuff... and they hint that because he knows Peter is SpiderMan that he may come back in the third movie to kill Spidey.

Doctor Octopus rebuilds that fusion machine, and it goes wrong again... but he snaps out of being the deranged 'bad guy' during the end battle with Spidey and he talks him into destroying it.

If you watched it to the mid-point of the movie You'll know that MJ got together with the astronought, and at the end she's due to marry him, but while MJ was kidnapped by Doctor Octopus Peter told her he loved her, so she walks out on the astronought and goes to see Peter..

The Movie ends with him hearing sirens after a kiss and her saying some cheesy line like "go get em tiger"..

Mr-Fusion said:
When the people are carrying spiderman after he passes out at the train scene, is that carrying from any literature? I noticed a similar thing happens to Neo in Matrix Revolutions. What is it from? It seems like it's inspired from some old hero story or something. I don't know, it could be nothing

just like the matix movies, it's probably an allegory to the bible

pretty much spider-man2's "jesus" scene

Mr-Fusion said:

I don't recall reading it anywhere, but I'm sure it does come from somewhere. Maybe its to show that even though they are superhero's they are fallable... and from time to time need a helping hand?

it's a reference to the bible, plain and simple, i mean most movies have at least one

I diden't really like tha financial situation of ant Marry and Petter.

Adrien C said:
I diden't really like tha financial situation of ant Marry and Petter.

i liked how in the end aunt may had to move out, i mean it was sad and all but also very realistic and un-generic as opposed to most movies

so everyone agrees? the Spider-Man movie series is as close to perfection hollywood has gotten to date..

i think so.. :)

Bah.. bring on The Ring 2 (I'm a fanboy, so sue me.. I haven't even any evidence that it'll be great though)!

..unless you're talking comic book movies ;)

I agree though, Spiderman 2 is a marvel (OMG SO PUNNY! LOLOLOLZLZLZLZLZLZLL :LOL:)!

i think at the scene where they started doing the "raindrops" song, i was just astounded at how funny this movie was, and even with it's big laughs it's a very depressing movie, i mean aunt may looses her house, harry takes on the role of the goblin, and mary jane just doesn't have a good look on her face at the end of the movie. that was the thing i liked about the movie the most; even though it had all these bright moments it's a pretty dark story when it comes down to it.

oh, and if you guys want a spoiler warning....here it is

That jazzy spider-man song at the end of the credits kicks ass. Spider man spider man, he your friendly neighborhood spider man...

I'd only ever seen the cartoons on morning TV before I saw the movies, and I never really paid much attention to them, so could someone please tell me...

If Harry becomes the Green Goblin, like his dad did, who becomes the HobGoblin?

Personally, I see the next movie as having a team-up of two or more villains in it...

Movie ain't coming to sweden until 7th July, I'm pretty anxious on seeing it.

Back