Spilled water on keyboard

G

G-Unit-Llamas

I spilled some water on my nice new logitech keyboard a few days ago and now it just stopped working. Could water have killed it? Also i popped up one of the keys and there is a rubber lining over all the things inside, so I dont know how water could have gotten on the board.

It's dead.

The rule is, you spill liquid on a keyboard, you are buying a new one.

i spilt liquid on my keyboard once ... it didnt die, but it did like stop for 1minute, ihad to bang it to get it working.. every 5mins i had to bang the keyboard just to get it working.. rofl

Spilled water on my keyboard last thanksgiving, killed about 10 keys, so I bought another one that same day and still use it to this day :eek:

It was more-than-most-likely the water that killed it.

I did that once, but my keyboard still worked just a couple of the keys died. Then all the keys started working again after a couple of days. Just send your keyboard back for a replacement.

lol, I have spilled water on mine... but for ssome reason its battery life is staying very long? lol... wtf?!?
oldfaq

Spilt milk on mine but it works still. I turned it upside down over the trash can for awhile and then I cleaned it off. Have a replacement warrenty if it does stop working, and it will once logitech comes out with a better set. ;)

Heh, I spilled a milkshake all over mine once. It mostly worked after I cleaned it, but there were 4 or 5 keys that produced strange symbols from then on. Had to replace it.

Carefully take it apart remembering where each part goes and leave all the bits to dry for a few days. If that fails you're buying a new KB...

[Matt] said:
Carefully take it apart remembering where each part goes and leave all the bits to dry for a few days. If that fails you're buying a new KB...

sheesh keyboards are only what 15$ bucks? Though it is worth a try if u got wireless but you could let it dry and return it to the store if under warranty ( "My keyboard stopped working" ). magic words, just be sure its dry

Neutrino said:
Heh, I spilled a milkshake all over mine once. It mostly worked after I cleaned it, but there were 4 or 5 keys that produced strange symbols from then on. Had to replace it.

Maybe that wasnt Milk Shake :naughty:

wbcninjaofmist said:
sheesh keyboards are only what 15$ bucks? Though it is worth a try if u got wireless but you could let it dry and return it to the store if under warranty ( "My keyboard stopped working" ). magic words, just be sure its dry
Whats the harm in trying?

i split pop on my brothers..it died we went to walmart and got him a nicer one...hmmm i still owe him 20 bucks hehe

Back