*Spoilers* Grav Gun *Spoilers*

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
Any cool things to do with the dark energy enhanced zero point energy field manipulator? (Blue grav gun)
This is how to get it from the start if you didn't know.
1) Open console
2) Enter "map d3_citadel_ 04"
3) When the map loades enter "map d1_trainstation_02"
Or if you prefer "map d1_canals_01"
4) When the map loades enter "give weapon_physcannon"
5) Enjoy.
(If this does not work try replacing "map" with "changelevel")

Unfortunaly causes the following glitches
1) Disapearing ragdols (If killed a certain way)
2) Disapearing weapons (Like in the citadel)
3) Unable to pick up rollermines (Includes DOG's ball ;() or turrets. (Holograms them)
4) Crash when vehicles are picked up
5) Makes ragdoll copies of allies and dropships (Not characters)
6) No bugbait as the antlion guard disapears. Enter "give weapon_bugbait" then "noclip" to the exit of the level and un "noclip"
7) Unable to pick up supper grav gun after confiscation. (Use "give weapon_physcannon" again)

In the Highway 17 map with the crane if you go inside the cargo crates and shoot up you go 100+ metres into the air.
Does anyone else have any good things to do with it?

ríomhaire said:
Any cool things to do with the dark energy enhanced zero point energy field manipulator? (Blue grav gun)
This is how to get it from the start if you didn't know.
1) Open console
2) Enter "map d3_citadel_ 04"
3) When the map loades enter "map d1_trainstation_02"
Or if you prefer "map d1_canals_01"
4) When the map loades enter "give weapon_physcannon"
5) Enjoy.
(If this does not work try replacing "map" with "changelevel")

Unfortunaly causes the following glitches
1) Disapearing ragdols (If killed a certain way)
2) Disapearing weapons (Like in the citadel)
3) Unable to pick up rollermines (Includes DOG's ball ;() or turrets. (Holograms them)
4) Crash when vehicles are picked up
5) Makes ragdoll copies of allies and dropships (Not characters)
6) No bugbait as the antlion guard disapears. Enter "give weapon_bugbait" then "noclip" to the exit of the level and un "noclip"
7) Unable to pick up supper grav gun after confiscation. (Use "give weapon_physcannon" again)

In the Highway 17 map with the crane if you go inside the cargo crates and shoot up you go 100+ metres into the air.
Does anyone else have any good things to do with it?
another way to get the gun is to use garrys mod. but this makes it impossible to get all the other guns.

rpgprog said:
another way to get the gun is to use garrys mod. but this makes it impossible to get all the other guns.

Don't you also get the super-fast firing rocket launcher. Haven't tried it out yet. :naughty:

i played the first map of the prison level on garrys mod, its fun just owning everyone, but i haven't tried it with v6 and the super fast rl, maybe i will do that if i ever get up the patience to load up sp again

Yeah, I wish you could just get the damn gun without all that round-about methods that hose other parts of the game.

Also, I've been playing with the super grav gun. When you have to setup turrets, you can't grab them any longer. If you don't set them up, the soldiers don't come a knockin? Anyone have a way around that? I tried noclipping to the end of the level, but Alyx doesn't appear when the next level loads.

Did happen with anyone else's game that turrets die when knocked over. (And by die I mean disapear). I forgot to include that in the list of glitches

Just on the garrymod point, he is (apparently) working on a way of switching between normal weapon set and tool weapon set. Should make playing through all the more fun.

heh I played through the citadel level in Garry's mod.. I used the rocket launcher to kill everyone with watermelons.. it got a bit much for my pc with all the watermelon gibs and was running at like 2fps :p but still, funfun

Hmm... we already know that. Anyway, I just wish that someday they will make a mod that prohibits u to use Grav gun(blue) without glitches.

garrys mod also does that. but like mentioned earlier you then get only the two smgs crowbar and nades as real weapons.

Back