spooky stuff?

I think everyone has there own ideas of what is scary.

If you're going to make something that is going to affect everyone, then you have to include all senses, and evenly distribute them.

I think seeing someone getting riped abart is more like 'poor guy' 'what was that' or 'i'd better watch myself' rather than 'holy sh*t, aghhhhhhhh'

Ok, i have gotten the point of thought where i believe i actually cannot continue this without help.
It would just be another lame old map.

If i dont get help i cant go any further, sorry.

:(

I think maybe, set a scary atmosphere before the map begins, if it's a single player map, at the beginning have a sequence, so just as they enter X co-ordinates, they meet up with some team, you're all running down a darkish passage (Them going faster, maybe adds a little more intensity :p), when they get to the end have one of them crazy zombies run out with a det pack strapped to them, and blow the place to parts, it could just leave the player in his chair waiting for the next random sequence. Assume nothing, expect anything.

Have toilets etc. With cracked tiles, the stereotype, monsters dropping from the ceiling etc.
Have a sort of interrogation room when you run in, there's a fluro light over a whiteboard on the back wall, in the middle of the room is a table with two chairs either side, a filing cabinet and sink on opposites sides etc, have a dangling light that's flickering, make it dead silent so all they can hear is them breathing (If there's such a sound? :x) and the light moving backwards and forwards. Just set an atmosphere.

Back