Spray Editing

M

Mr Crowbar

Just got this pic out of HL2 and wondered if anyone could take the time to make the outer parts transparent, because I don't have the neccesary program.

Mr Crowbar said:
Just got this pic out of HL2 and wondered if anyone could take the time to make the outer parts transparent, because I don't have the neccesary program.

u want just the arm or wot? :s

There you go, just whipped it up for you, and i uploaded it to http://www.spraylogos.co.uk where you can download it

Hope its ok. Also, i've faded the bottom of the spray a bit so its semi transparent at the bottom. Hope its ok for you.

Mat_Brummitt said:
Also, i've faded the bottom of the spray a bit so its semi transparent at the bottom. Hope its ok for you.

hey mat, what features (tools) in Photoshop do you use to fade a piece of image transparent? I'd appreciate your skill!

well i just basically used the marquee tool (for making selections) and set it's feather value to something like 8, and made a selection at the bottom of the arm, and pressed delete. (of course though, i'd already cut out the background).

Anyway, making a feathered selection will soften the selection and therefore will soften the edges of the image you delete.

You then select the contents of that layer (ctrl + left click layer) and then make a new chanel in the chanels pallete and fill it with white. This will make the mask around your image feahered in the same place so that the spray is semi transparent in the game.

Another usefull tip, is: If you would like an image to look like its pressed into the wall, then you simply add INNER SHADOW to the image instead of drop shadow. I used this effect in my PUNK'D spray and it works really well.

Hope that helps.

Mat...

I kind of hoped you could have just made the outer parts transparent, so that it looks like the poster when sprayed, not just the hand.

Hi Matt,
I don't suppose you would convert something to .tga or whatever the format is because I don't have photoshop or the like.

Cheers

here you go, this is your spray in .tga format - I havent converted it to spray logo format as I assume you know how to do this as you only requested the tga file.

Thanks

MAt

cheers mat,

I found a program I have that can do .tga, Microsoft Picture It :LOL: But that one worked well, now I just need to make a spray that I actually want to use in the game.

Back