stalker, just another far cry, isn't it ??

Reaction score
stalker looks every much like doom3, the lighting, shadow, big maps, day, night, physics, cars, soldiers, monsters...isn't it just another far cry ??

No its not another Far Cry...Far Cry actually managed to impress me a little bit..Stalker does not. Everything about Stalker just looks bad.

No, its a FPS/role playing game set in Chernobyl, Ukraine.

Check it out, looks very cool.

Have you read about it? i dont think Far Cry has a day and night cycle. So no, Its a modern morrowind,If its as good as morrowind, Which it will be imo

I am very excited about Stalker ...
Very fresh idea, and so far, it looks like it is turning out really nice. back when the pre-alpha was leaked, I heard some people who played it say it was very impressive as an alpha. Everyone who has tested it has been super impressed. it definitly is not just another far cry ... you should read up on it some more, it's worth giving a chance.

will i get to stalk people?

bah.. i do it enough already in real life

I am super impressed by what i have seen so far, but i belive this could be a really good game or some piece of crap.

Newbie's Journey said:
stalker looks every much like doom3, the lighting, shadow, big maps, day, night, physics, cars, soldiers, monsters...isn't it just another far cry ??

Stalker and Far Cry are as different as night and day.

Stalker is starting to feel like a FPS version of Morrowind. Which is very cool in my book.

Since when did Far Cry take on RPG elements? The only similarities I can see are the large draw distances.

i like stalker becasue im ukrainian, and im hoping it will do well so i can shove it into my polish friends face.

the game, overall, seems good, inching on great. but it needs some visual tweeks, after seeing hl2 faces, i think that is the new standard.

WOOT!!!...........Make no mistake: Stalker going to ownes FarCry & D3.
i second that, only a noobish HL2 mega fanboy try's to diss stalker, it looks and sounds great.

It doesn't appeal to me really...Not that there seems to be anything wrong with it exactly, it just doesn't stand out as anything I would want so much. I'm waiting for Hl2 and Bloodlines ;)

Farrowlesparrow said:
It doesn't appeal to me really...Not that there seems to be anything wrong with it exactly, it just doesn't stand out as anything I would want so much. I'm waiting for Hl2 and Bloodlines ;)

Mmmmm......bloodlines....

Stuff Stalker. It sounds fcuk boring. F.E.A.R is the game to look out for in 2005. That game will rock.

Stuff F.E.A.R. It sounds fcuk boring. Stalker is the game to look out for in 2005. That game will rock.

Neutrino said:
Stuff F.E.A.R. It sounds fcuk boring. Stalker is the game to look out for in 2005. That game will rock.

I think this requires some "leet" speak.

j00 pwn3d him Neutrino. :D

When I first read Neutrino's post I thought he went crazy or something. Then I saw the other persons post.

Tinneth said:
No its not another Far Cry...Far Cry actually managed to impress me a little bit..Stalker does not. Everything about Stalker just looks bad.
Yup.

I'm thinking S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is going to have something to F.E.A.R. in 2005. :LOL: :rolleyes:

^Ben said:
I am super impressed by what i have seen so far, but i belive this could be a really good game or some piece of crap.

I agree. It will either be brilliant or we will be able to pick it up from the bargain bin for $15 after 3 months. But it does look pretty awesome so far!

blahblahblah said:
I think this requires some "leet" speak.

j00 pwn3d him Neutrino. :D

Just pointing out how stupid he sounded, heh.

But oh god, please no. The word "pwn3d" just makes me cringe uncontrollably. Every time I hear it I can feel another neuron bite the dust.

:p

Jack_Karverboy said:
Have you read about it? i dont think Far Cry has a day and night cycle. So no, Its a modern morrowind,If its as good as morrowind, Which it will be imo

Is it as long? Is there a lot of walking and no fighting? :D I think Vampires the Masquerade: Bloodlines is a lot like Morrowind.

But then again, I don't know if Stalker is as big.

Yo, if STALKER implements everything they are planning on implementing and make it all work out, its going to blow everything out of the water... even HL2 *gasp*

I think stalker has the possibility to either do really well, or really badly. Its a good idea, if the developers can pull it off it will be a hit. If they can't then it will be a mess and bomb like so many titles.

heres to hoping for a big fat HIT

Neutrino said:
Just pointing out how stupid he sounded, heh.

But oh god, please no. The word "pwn3d" just makes me cringe uncontrollably. Every time I hear it I can feel another neuron bite the dust.

:p

wH@7 @R3 u t@1k1n6 8b0u7 nub? STALKER WILL PWN UR MOM!

after finishing doom3, i'm just sick of monsters, now i don't feel like to continue the game at all at the level where we start killing monsters indoor in far cry. I know stalker is going to have bunch of urgly monsters, that's one thing i hate. Also big landscape mp without enough people sucks, i just saw couple video on gamespot showing off the mp, and it doesn't look too impressive. however i heard that stalker is going to have co-op which is the only thing that's getting my attention on this game.

Newbie's Journey said:
after finishing doom3, i'm just sick of monsters, now i don't feel like to continue the game at all at the level where we start killing monsters indoor in far cry. I know stalker is going to have bunch of urgly monsters, that's one thing i hate. Also big landscape mp without enough people sucks, i just saw couple video in gamespot showing off the mp, and it doesn't look too impressive. however i heard that stalker is going to have co-op which is the only thing that gets my attention on this game.
Dont wanna fight monsters? Not going to play hl2?

STALKER will be awsome from what ive seen. As far as i know the only other fps/rpg is morrowind which never really appealed to me. But stalker is a different story. Just imagine joing up with a clan of other stalkers, being told that to become a member you must killl another stalker clan member. Having to wait, spy, and sneak around till the time is right to strike. Plus with the realism of eating/sleeping + nice gfx and a original story i think it will be a hit. Just needs a lil polish!

man, i'm gonna have so much fun with co op, i'll be like

"hey 'joe, why don't you go walk into that shimmery sphere looking area?"

"well alright zach!" *walks in*

"what's going on?"

"dear Lord it's crushing me alive!" *spine snaps*

*whistles, runs away*

B.Calhoun said:
Dont wanna fight monsters? Not going to play hl2?

STALKER will be awsome from what ive seen. As far as i know the only other fps/rpg is morrowind which never really appealed to me. But stalker is a different story. Just imagine joing up with a clan of other stalkers, being told that to become a member you must killl another stalker clan member. Having to wait, spy, and sneak around till the time is right to strike. Plus with the realism of eating/sleeping + nice gfx and a original story i think it will be a hit. Just needs a lil polish!

hl2 is hl2, the world, the plot, the gameplay and even the ennemies are different from those u can find in doom3, far cry and stalker. Name a monster in hl2, u just can't name any, cuz they ain't monsters.

watched preview for fear.
cs in doom 3 (like?) engine with a telekenetic girl... whoopie.

stalker is equally uninteresting so far...

Stalker looks great in almost every respect.
The one thing that irks me is that the animations currently kinda suck.

Luckily, the game still has another year or so to polish stuff like that.

You can switch to iron-sights at any time by right-clicking! How cool is that?! :dork:

As people have said, it could be a huge success, or a huge flop. Being able to group up with other "STALKERS" or go it alone seems to be a interesting set-up.

I'd probably start a Stalker group in-game, so everone could cover each other's backs while they are sleeping, eating ... etc

Stalker's engine is amazing and the concept is pretty damn original but i haven't seen anything interesting from the gameplay so far

Stalker has some impressive looking tech powering it, and some novel concepts behind it's gameplay. I don't think it will have the mass appeal of HL² at release because the gameplay is clearly goiing to be harder, but I definitely think it is going to be a must have for real gamers.

Kadayi Polokov said:
Stalker has some impressive looking tech powering it, and some novel concepts behind it's gameplay. I don't think it will have the mass appeal of HL² at release because the gameplay is clearly goiing to be harder, but I definitely think it is going to be a must have for real gamers.

Hey, what's up man? Haven't seen you around for a while.

It definately looks interesting, and if it turns out to be the sort of FPS/RPG hybrid it's aiming for, I'm definately going to snap it up on it's release day...

Nope, it won't be out this year. And the Co-op Mode is not confirmed. They said something like "maybe we'll do it after the release". I hope they will.

But Stalker is not like Far Cry - Totally different game :D (Sleeping, eating, hunting, day-night-weather-cycles, ONE big landscape not several levels, buying/modding your weapon, etc.)

Back