Star Wars Galaxies

Varg|Hund

Reaction score
So, does anyone here play it? And if so, is it any good?
I'm considering picking up a copy, but the subscription fee is a bit of a turnoff.

And can you use the same game on two computers? (I and a friend are considering buying it together and splitting the costs between us):cheers:

It gets mixed reviews, some people love it, others hate it.

Anyhow, I can tell you without having it that it can only be used on one computer at a time. Like a CDKey, but yes, you could both install it.. but only play it at seperate times.

Have you played an MMORPG before, [CoHn]FuSeD? If not, you might want to check out the Star Wars RPG Knights of the Old Republic instead. It just came out this week for PC and has gotten nothing but great reviews.

Not to mention, both you and your buddy will be able to enjoy that one with no problems.

i'd never play a game that had a subscription fee. unless the game was free.

I personally like StarWars galaxies--a friend introduced me to it just yesterday.

You can create and customize every last physical feature of your character, from muscle build to jawline; from species to nose width--eye color and so-on.

The environments are very powerful--and the battles always fantastic.

2 players with 1 account? Doesn't that mean you'll have to share your character?

I'm not into that mmorpg stuff since I don't want to pay a monthly fee. There are just to many other good games that don't require it. Is it really worth it?

i was in the beta and i absolutely hated it...and i really like RPGs

i think there's only one character per server...so your characters would be totally separate in every way.

The monthly fee for SWG is excessively high for a MMPORPG, but there are many more that are a lot cheaper. However as costs go MMPORPGs are incredibly cheap to play when you consider the amount of entertainment you derive from them. When I was really into MMPORPGs I would easily play 150 hrs a month, for little more than the cost of a trip to the cinema, frankly they are a bargain.

OK you can play CS for free, but relentlessly shooting things can get pretty stale after a while imho. MMPORPGs are much more social games, there is still a lot of fighting to be had, but there are other goals also.

Phantasy Star Online costs a lot more then twinkle toes :-p

21 Dollars a month for PSO; Star Wars Galaxies also doe'snt revolve around single islands on one planet, like PlanetSide does--and also doe'snt just sit in an egg basket in France like WWIIOL.

Star Wars Galaxies is immersive, I'm still learning the controls and its my first day--but even it being so, I've already killed 11 people--the action is fast and you've got to be quick. You can go anywhere you feel like going--their are more then just the races you choose from; their are species of animal and creature all over the place; and all of most are very different from you.

You can also teach skills, clone yourself (which is very intricate but very rewarding), take shuttles accross whole planets to other shuttleports; or go planet hopping.

Theres a lot to this game that I can't describe--RPG'er or not, just because the people don't have big eyes, are'nt fighting deku ****s, or the mystical yet stupid evil bosses in some RPGs that "have the nerve to tell you the plot of the game for the next 30 minutes when your getting ready to kill them", doe'snt mean that Star Wars Galaxies is anyone bit less then something out there for a console system.

You can buy custom stuff ingame that anyone can see; and every occupation is virtually limitless and has its rewards.

Don't diss a game because you did'nt like its beta, or how 'complex' it was--Role Playing Games are supposed to be complex, and Star Wars Galaxies is no longer in a beta.

Lots of bug fixes that extend very long lists, you now have the ability to form your own cities for your guilds--and within the next few patches, play in vehicles. (Ships in the expansions).

There are long lists you can do--you can even sit in chairs and dance!

Whats more, you have a number of moods and emotions to choose from (nearly 200 for each category) and each take visual effects on your players.

I bought it yesterday.

It crashed and took my boot sector with it.

Just because your computer cannot run it--doe'snt mean its crap.

Don't feel like upgrading? Tough shit--quit bitching and save up money for a job. I'm telling you this, yea so what, you might ask?

Because I have to save up for a better system to remove some of the lag I still get when I play Half-Life--I got a job that pays minimum wage and I've waited five months to get a new system. BECAUSE OF HARD WORK, AND ME PAYING BOTH MY CABLE AND MY SWG GALAXY BILL OFF OF ONE JOB, NEARLY BUYING AN ALIEN WARE SYSTEM BY SAVING UP FOR IT, I CAN DO ALL THAT I CAN DO NOW.

But the thing is: My computer is a 500mhz Pentium III, thats crap; but trust me, it runs it NICELY.

Can't pay the monthly fee? Don't play the game--OBVIOUS you wanted to play; so wait a while for a free-trial subscription.

Right now, this game, in all of its servers, has more people playing then PlanetSide.

THEY NEED YOU TO PAY 15 DOLLARS A MONTH TO HELP UPGRADE THE ENGINE AND KEEP THERE SERVERS THAT HAVE YOU LITTLE PEOPLE PLAYING ON IT, RUNNING!! OTHERWISE NO GAME!

There was a website that explained it better...

Anyway, my post was obviously mad; Im sick of people dealing injustices to it because there cheap minded, lack the skill to play, or don't understand anything (Spite the fact there is in-game training).

Like I said, cant upgrade or pay the bill?

DON'T PLAY AND GIVE IT BAD REVIEW. THIS GAME IS WORTH EVERY DIME. NOW! UPGRADE THOSE SYSTEMS, GET A JOB AND OFF YOUR BUTT, AND MAKE SOMETHING OUT OF YOURSELF--YOU CAN'T GO ANYWHERE WHEN YOU'VE MIRED YOURSELF IN ANGST, THE PAST, AND "WHAT YOU CANT DO BECAUSE SOMETHING IS IN YOUR WAY".

SOMETHING IN YOUR WAY? SMACK THE DAMN THING DOWN!!

W00000T0TTT0T0T00T000TT!!

Yep.

Its a horrible game.....if you want a further explantion search through some of the other SWG threads.

CrabCakes, the game is HORRIBLE to you and a FEW OTHER PEOPLE.

IF YOU CANT RUN IT=DONT PLAY IT

CANT RUN+CANT PLAY IT=DONT WHINE ABOUT IT BEING HORRIBLE BECAUSE YOUR COMPUTER IS HORRIBLE

CANT PAY+CANT PLAY=DONT PLAY. MORE MONEY FOR YOU--LESS FOR THEM IF THAT MAKES ANY SENSE.

HORRIBLE GAME TO A FEW EDITORS+A FEW MISCONCEIVING GAMERS WHO LIKE TO PLAY THERE RPG'S, RAW, HARD, WITH BIG EYED CHARACTERS OR GOTHING STYLE=BIASED REVIEWS

:)

I hated how slowly they were adding and fixing things and decided not to renew my first months sub.

If anyone in the UK wants to buy it for £20 and prolly £3 for P+P private message me.

Ok, where the hell did I say my machine cannot run it? I said it crashed and took my boot sector with it. That has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not my machine meets with minimum specs.

Oh, and I have a job. One that pays quite nicely actually. One that bought me this machine.

Now, when I spend £34.99 on a game, I do not expect it to crash so catastrophically as to stop my machine booting into Windows. And I say that a game that does that has some serious issues.

Originally posted by K e r b e r o s
Just because your computer cannot run it--doe'snt mean its crap.

Don't feel like upgrading? Tough shit--quit bitching and save up money for a job. I'm telling you this, yea so what, you might ask?

Because I have to save up for a better system to remove some of the lag I still get when I play Half-Life--I got a job that pays minimum wage and I've waited five months to get a new system. BECAUSE OF HARD WORK, AND ME PAYING BOTH MY CABLE AND MY SWG GALAXY BILL OFF OF ONE JOB, NEARLY BUYING AN ALIEN WARE SYSTEM BY SAVING UP FOR IT, I CAN DO ALL THAT I CAN DO NOW.

But the thing is: My computer is a 500mhz Pentium III, thats crap; but trust me, it runs it NICELY.

Can't pay the monthly fee? Don't play the game--OBVIOUS you wanted to play; so wait a while for a free-trial subscription.

Right now, this game, in all of its servers, has more people playing then PlanetSide.

THEY NEED YOU TO PAY 15 DOLLARS A MONTH TO HELP UPGRADE THE ENGINE AND KEEP THERE SERVERS THAT HAVE YOU LITTLE PEOPLE PLAYING ON IT, RUNNING!! OTHERWISE NO GAME!

There was a website that explained it better...

Anyway, my post was obviously mad; Im sick of people dealing injustices to it because there cheap minded, lack the skill to play, or don't understand anything (Spite the fact there is in-game training).

Like I said, cant upgrade or pay the bill?

DON'T PLAY AND GIVE IT BAD REVIEW. THIS GAME IS WORTH EVERY DIME. NOW! UPGRADE THOSE SYSTEMS, GET A JOB AND OFF YOUR BUTT, AND MAKE SOMETHING OUT OF YOURSELF--YOU CAN'T GO ANYWHERE WHEN YOU'VE MIRED YOURSELF IN ANGST, THE PAST, AND "WHAT YOU CANT DO BECAUSE SOMETHING IS IN YOUR WAY".

SOMETHING IN YOUR WAY? SMACK THE DAMN THING DOWN!!

W00000T0TTT0T0T00T000TT!!

Yep.

Heh....i read his sig afterwards and laughed

Oh my god, what is this?

The 'OMG IT DOE'SNT RUN' forum? Quit sharing your bitchy moments with each other; your only support biased arguments--its fun; and im not denying your opinion; but its no crappy game by any means.

kerberos is obviously a blind fanboy because theres no way his PC could run it, seriously.

Please post pictures so we can see how crap it looks on your pc?

CANT RUN+CANT PLAY IT=DONT WHINE ABOUT IT BEING HORRIBLE BECAUSE YOUR COMPUTER IS HORRIBLE

CANT PAY+CANT PLAY=DONT PLAY. MORE MONEY FOR YOU--LESS FOR THEM IF THAT MAKES ANY SENSE.

HORRIBLE GAME TO A FEW EDITORS+A FEW MISCONCEIVING GAMERS WHO LIKE TO PLAY THERE RPG'S, RAW, HARD, WITH BIG EYED CHARACTERS OR GOTHING STYLE=BIASED REVIEWS

If can't post without fanboy ranting = Don't post.

And as for the "biased review comment"...well....:LOL:

So this is how you get security in your life, eh?

Pathetic.

Now:

And as for the "biased review comment"...well....

You cant prove me wrong on that.

Don't bitch about something you cant run.

you need to simmer the **** down..... i dont feel like writing a 6 page essay on why i wasted 60$.

ill break it down for you though.

1 overhyped....not 1/10 as good as i thought it would be.

2 bugs.....the amount of bugs and there severe impact on gameplay is astounding.

3. lack of content (self explanetory.)

4. sucky gameplay.....its repetative.....theres is nothing in the game that hasnt been done a million times in another rpg......only differance is that its in the SW universe.

THE REVEIWERS ARE NOT BIASED>>>THE GAME SUCKS.

...see i can be a dipshit and use caps to......

edit: alot more people played it and dont like it than those that do like it....

If can't post without fanboy ranting = Don't post.

And as for the "biased review" comment...well....

Zerimski, whats your point?

These people are FAN BOY ranting on how SWG sucks...and that cant be denied. Dont bad mouth something that you cant play, or thats not your style.

So this is how you get security in your life, eh?

Pathetic.

Now:

You cant prove me wrong on that.

Don't bitch about something you cant run.

I can run it, that's how it crashed. It crashed while I was playing it. Playing it = running it. Running it = playing it.

And yes, I can prove you wrong on it, but I'm not going to because you're doing a mighty fine job of doing that yourself.

Now, calm down.

Here, have a warning.

Heres my list of why I know it sucks.

All the fun servers are completely packed and lag like a whore, if you goto a boring planet or city its boring but not so laggy - horray :rolleyes:

Quests are as followed : Go to point x (usually a 20 minute walk) kill a giant log that spawns more annoying things that stand at you feet and peck killing you. Then if you die you have to spend a further 20 minutes walking back to your corspe - lameness.

Graphics are ok, apart from the player models its dated. Skills are unbalanced, easy to top up and biased towards some. I could continue but its boring me thinking about the game.

Wow--getting double teamed by people who dont like it and a administrator who seems to have trouble playing MMPORG's (I imagine Half Life 2 will give you heck); your warning is taken...but in the sense I maintain my opinions soley.

1 overhyped....not 1/10 as good as i thought it would be.

2 bugs.....the amount of bugs and there severe impact on gameplay is astounding.

3. lack of content (self explanetory.)

4. sucky gameplay.....its repetative.....theres is nothing in the game that hasnt been done a million times in another rpg......only differance is that its in the SW universe.

What he means is this:

1. Hes not a big fan of the SW universe, and it did'nt give him all the things he had hoped for

2. Bugs have been fixed since the beta--make sure you upgrade.

3. Not self explanetory--crappy systems cannot show good CONTENT.

4. Gameplay is not repitive. Oh and this tidbit caught my eye:

theres is nothing in the game that hasnt been done a million times in another rpg

So, is this an insult to the games originallity? Or every other RPG beside SWG in themselves?

I can run it, that's how it crashed. It crashed while I was playing it. Playing it = running it. Running it = playing it.

You ran it+it crashed=IT NEVER ALLOWED YOU TO PLAY

Running it+Crashing=crappy computer

Get a new one--stop whining about you cant run; its ridiculous.

And yes, I can prove you wrong on it, but I'm not going to because you're doing a mighty fine job of doing that yourself.

No im not--what Im mad at is these beta buckets and everyone else and there dog who CANT PLAY IT BECAUSE THERE SYSTEM SUCKS, is giving it bad reviews and its UNFAIR to say the least.

Don't like it having played a good two days of it? SELL IT. Can Whine.

Cant play it because it crashed routinely? Sell it. Dont Whine.

My disclaimer as of now:

From here on out, you can post flames and try to point out my arguments as having contradictions--but im leaving this thread since it appears I've gotten my message accross.

PM with any problems--but I'll delete them if their on the same ignorant level as some of your judgements.

Thanks for the warning--I should've knew this thread would be taken over by anti-SWG bad systemed fanboys; and used as a snare trap to pin people who do like the game down and silenced.

Next thread.

I like the way he talks about how we 'take him down' over his opinions, even though he was the one that had ago at the people who's opinion of the game werent the same as his....

....back on topic...the game does interest me, but I'm stone broke at the moment, but if i get my job, then finish paying for my trip to NY and getting my own pc, then i might pick it up and have a look.

Until then, I'll put KOTOR on my xmas list....

Ok, so your argument is based solely on the fact that everyone elses system must suck and therefore they suck?

Ok, how about this one. I bought it yesterday. I installed it yesterday. I played it yesterday. I played it today. I went to get something to eat, I carried on playing it. It crashed. It took my boot sector with it. I had to go through the rigmorale of recovering my hard drive.

Now, the last part of that story happened all of an hour ago.

Oh, and I'm not whining. I simply stated a fact, and you decided to flame me.

And what is ridiculous is your total blindness to anything that goes against your precious.

Let the quoting commence...

4. Gameplay is not repitive.
Oh, why not? Give us some reasons. I must have played it for about 4-5 hours now and all I've done is run into the desert, shoot things, run back, get a mission, run into the desert, find someone, kill someone, get given <insert object here> to return to mission-giver and then get given some useless object in return. Repeat till fade or fatal system failure.

You ran it+it crashed=IT NEVER ALLOWED YOU TO PLAY

See above statement about playing it for 4 - 5 hours.

3. Not self explanetory--crappy systems cannot show good CONTENT.

So you cannot see "good content"? You've already said that you have a "crappy system". So if you cannot see this so-called good content, why are you defending it so religiously?

Open your eyes for christs sake. Take it off the insanely high pedestal that you seem to have placed it on, and assess it with an unbiased view.

And as for the crappy admin comment..well...if people like you reckon I'm doing a good job, I must be doing something wrong. Thanks.

I meant "CONTENT" as in the substance of the game....not the artistic "CONTENT"....as in gfx....

I guess they havent tuaght you those definitions in school yet.

the rest is nothing but twisting my words and telling me im wrong.....back up your opinoins for petes sake......

you might just want to turn the computer off and get some air if your that pissed off over this.

basically all you have said summed up in one sentance:

"I am right, and you are wrong"

An Explanation

DarkleP

What do you mean on that? You've never studied my intellectual or thinking capabilties to where you could give a diagnosis on what my level of thinking is--so what are you trying to prove by giving your hearsay, as if you've known by, some ignorant blissful cognition I was a trouble maker all along? Pathetic attempts to use words to instill guilt and helplessness I say. :) Tsk Tsk!

This is the first time I posted flames, and it just might be the last--however, in this time, I think its unfair that you people could (not saying you had however) diss a game some can't even run, or for some, that was'nt there gaming style to begin with.

Yea, I might get banned. Be glad--if thats the only light thats ever turned on in your life; you lead some very uneventful ones.

Theres no excuse to what I did:

Flame you all for your opinions--which was especially stupid of me.

I apologize directly to Azz0r firstly,

I did'nt need to do what I said. I think thats all I need to say to you from the matters of how I was flamming you, and everything else people were saying.

Zerimski,

Yea. I messed up--Im taking your warning because I need more control.

However, I don't appreciate that you bash a game that crashed on your system.

The game did'nt run on your system--but it ran fine on my 500mhz Pentium III computer; get me a host for my pics if you want them.

CrabCakes,

I did'nt want to explode like that--that was'nt me to begin with; though there are delete buttons for each of my topics, that would'nt be good of me.

Sorry about what I did--I should've summed my thoughts up at best by saying: "I disagree with you".

Sorry I caused you so much trouble.

Sorry, bloody ****ing sorry. Thats not going to save me though; and im not concerned about being saved--I just want to patch up something to the community before I'm probably banned.

As for me, vacation time. :)

Quests are as followed : Go to point x (usually a 20 minute walk) kill a giant log that spawns more annoying things that stand at you feet and peck killing you. Then if you die you have to spend a further 20 minutes walking back to your corspe - lameness.

ahahhah yes this is a GREAT explanation of the game.....that's how the game plays exactly.

basically all you have said summed up in one sentance:
"I am right, and you are wrong"

so true...and the "i'm leaving this thread because i got my point across"
ahahhaha you got your point across that you're good at making a fool out of yourself.

your signature is also unbelievably hypocritical (no, i will not "blow you" for saying it)

Back