Star Wars Mod

dont you see what were doing? were completely demolishing the mod off the face of the earth. and ill have you know i was the first person to point out that he didnt make the models

crackhead said:
dont you see what were doing? were completely demolishing the mod off the face of the earth

And? No need. If it sucks, it'll fail. If it never gets finished, sucks to be him.

You guys have given it enough of a thrashing really... he knows what your opinions are, and I doubt he'll try to con this forum again.

I find it amusing how you try to bash this mod based on assumptions. You have no clue if I have the permission or if I even know those people --you're just making fools out of yourselves. I could even prove it by posting screenshots of the convo's and PM's we had. But with all the bashing here, why should I even bother?

All I can say is that this mod will be pulled off, if you belive it or not, I honestly don't care. And chances are that your mods won't even make it past the beta.

Laugh as much as you want. You know the saying; He who laughs last, laughs loudest.

This thread makes me lol.

CMD said:
I find it amusing how you try to bash this mod based on assumptions. You have no clue if I have the permission or if I even know those people --you're just making fools out of yourselves. I could even prove it by posting screenshots of the convo's and PM's we had. But with all the bashing here, why should I even bother?

Yeah, cause those aren't hard to doctor.

CMD said:
All I can say is that this mod will be pulled off, if you belive it or not, I honestly don't care.

All I have to say is that a mod takes people to actually make it happen. No one is ever going to want to work with you because you're an asshole.

CMD said:
And chances are that your mods won't even make it past the beta.

Actually most of the people who have replied in this thread have affiliation with Zombie Master, which is already in Alpha or Beta or Gamma or some shit. ALL OF YOU GET BACK TO WORK I WANT THAT GAME ON MY DESK YESTERDAY.

CMD said:

All I can say is that this mod will be pulled off, if you belive it or not, I honestly don't care. And chances are that your mods won't even make it past the beta.

Laugh as much as you want. You know the saying; He who laughs last, laughs loudest.

and I'm still waiting for a reply. Convenient how you keep ignoring the question.

And as far as I'm concerned, the saying should be "He who laughs last, didn't really get the joke"

CMD if you have the screenshots post them. COME ON, prove us wrong, if you dont your a stealing cheating ****.

As a mod maker, it's your job to take it in the face. Someone bashes your mod without any cause? Idiots shitting on your game? **** 'em. Who cares? Don't descend to their level. Someone gives you constructive or warranted criticism? Take it onboard. They might have a point. You're accusing everyone of bashing your mod when in fact, all anybody did was point out (with good reason) that it looks like you've stolen your models. The first really hostile post was...oh yes, it was yours. Here and here. Only after that do people start the bashing and it's not surprising really, considering your attitude there. Someone asks you a perfectly civil question and you just swear at them.

1. Just because you're making a mod, it does not mean you deserve instant respect. Especially when all your appear to have is models of questionable origin.
2. Just because someone says something bad about your mod, it does not mean they're just bashing.
3. Your mistake is that you assume everyone is out to get you. Your mistake is to cast yourself, as so many modders do, as the unrecognised, misunderstood genius, the creative mastermind trying to realise his vision in the face of indescribable hatred, prejudice and bigotism. That isn't you.

You know, CMD, I can see this mod going a long way. You've really got the whole Public Relations side of thing down pat.

Sarcasm aside, most of the people in this thread have more experience with modding than you appear to, and you'd really do quite well to listen. Stop being so defensive and bristling and calmly clarify yourself. You were the first person to start being hostile (other than the IP stuff, which was mostly not that aggressive) and it'd be nice if you were also the first person to stop, calm down, explain, and ANSWER PI'S DAMN QUESTION.

i just realised thats johnny depp playing hunter s. tohmpson if im not mistaken?

..you guys have a lot of time to waste... if it looks unprofessional, don't sign up. There is no need to flame CMD - he is asking for help, and this is a "Help Wanted & Offered" forum. You people have no proof he has stolen anything, so what's with calling him names? Some people here are so childish...

yeah you children just because cmd acted like a complete asshole for no aparent reason and also tryed to steal copyrighted work doesnt meen u have to respond.

desty said:
..you guys have a lot of time to waste... if it looks unprofessional, don't sign up. There is no need to flame CMD - he is asking for help, and this is a "Help Wanted & Offered" forum. You people have no proof he has stolen anything, so what's with calling him names? Some people here are so childish...

Especially since we have proof.

How cute, some 12 year old is trying to insult me with some poorly written English. Funny how you're the first to condemn stealing, yet you're editing that screenshot in a photoshop version "obtained" from a p2p network. Chances are that the majority of the software you use on a daily basis are warez. Most, if not all, of the "people" here accusing me of stealing are in fact using warez to develop their mods. Reporting some IP's to the FBI's "cyber crime" department would yield some very interesting results; considering you have warez worth several thousand dollars sitting on your desktop.

The positions have been filled anyway. I'm done with you kids.

Oh please, get over yourself. A lot.

If you want to get treated with respect, try showing some to other people. I don't think I've ever seen such unwarranted arrogance from a mod "leader" before, and I've been around a long, long time.

Nice idle threat, by the way. Aside from your ridiculous assertion that Sathernut is using an illegally-obtained copy of photoshop (when he could easily have done that in MSpaint), the fact that you just accused several people of using warez to develop their mods is laughable, especially when you're using pure guesswork.
Oh yeah, and you don't know anyone's IP here. You couldn't even report them to a goddamn traffic warden.

Someone in a thread at hl2w0rld said:
Don't blame us for being not like Halflife2.net. We are just being honest, and we've seen so many people like you failing, we can filter out the right ones.

Funny how you said the same things over there, and got the exact same responses to which you replied with your trademark arrogance. Maybe you should take the hint.

Tell you what, Mr "modding since 1997" - show us what you've done. What you've worked on. Show us some of your own media for this Star Wars mod. Then we'll take you seriously. Promise.

also why wpuld he use a warez photoshop it doesnt cost much. i own a legal copy of it i think it only cos 60 pounds or sumit like that. though alot of people do use warez software i supose.

Yes I DO own a legal copy. Dad got it for me like 5 months ago. And I pwned u CMD fag

Hi this is Arild Wiro, the guy who made the ATST. If CMD is Don Cartagena who emailed me a while back to ask for permission the yes, they are legitimately using my model.

Wiro

That's fine, it doesn't change anything else though :)

If anyone doubts that I am Arild Wiro then please email me at [email protected] (my website is www.secondreality.ch)

I don't know Don personally but as a moderator on CGTalk.com I too often come across unneccesary flamewars and would like to see this one calm down.

Wiro

It already has - no-one had posted in here for hours.

Whether or not he had permission to use it wasn't really the big reason everyone was throwing fire at each other.

Ahem.. :)

Star Wars mod.. being a bit of a fan, I'll enjoy seeing something like this realised - however the design does indeed seem a little ambitious as you've mentioned yourself. I know this is a help request thread rather than a feedback thread, but I'd like to say that I think you should rather do a much smaller scale mod, just for the sake of gettings things done and released - what you've got there will take a serious amount of work which I'm sure you're aware of :) Anyways - good luck with this.

Granted, my mistake was dropping to the level of the flamers and offending the moderators.

Not sure if I want continue posting on these fora after all that. However, it would be nice if someone could clean up this thread at least.

Anyway, thanks to Arild for clarifying that Don and the rest of us indeed have permission.

as mentioned earlier CMD i can offer my help with coding as soon as you have the permission from lucasarts! just mail me if needed

[email protected]

Unfortunately zyd, we cannot ask for permission yet. We need to have some content in-game first.

But before diving into development I want to discuss the features with a programmer first. It wouldn't make much sense modeling something that can't make it into the game. If you're interested, PM me and I'll give you my MSNM handle.

@Xizor
That's why we are going to release is through milestones. Every version will represent the next phase of development with improved features and added content.

Back