Star Wars: The Old Republic

Hahaha and £130 for the collector edition with some shitty statue.

Still, the standard item for pre-ordering may be somewhat nifty.

I pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe edition. Now send me a beta invite plox, Bioware.

Word on the Ninnernet street is that EA's royally ****ing things up with Origins. Terrible customer service and ordering/registering issues. Also I don't preorder anything without a release date. Makes me sad to see a pretty decent quality game getting screwed by EA's inability to have any customer appreciation.

Word on the Ninnernet street is that EA's royally ****ing things up with Origins. Terrible customer service and ordering/registering issues. Also I don't preorder anything without a release date. Makes me sad to see a pretty decent quality game getting screwed by EA's inability to have any customer appreciation.

Pre-ordering went flawless in my case, even though I did it 20 minutes after it went live. Got a confirmation with a key in about three minutes and added that to my SW:TOR account. Tonight I installed Origin and after I logged in it was there. I've read a couple of not so positive stories though.

This is pretty good news:

7Zlzg.png

Take notice, Blizz.

You're probably talking about SCII for some reason, but that's already what Blizz do with WoW.

$60 wouldn't be so bad if the subscription fee wasn't that high. Anyone know what the sub fee is?

A $60 price tag for the base game seems pretty normal to me.

Honestly, pre-ordering an MMO always sounds like one of the worst game purchasing decisions you can make. It's usually filled with a shit-ton of bugs and problems up the butt. Not to mention a real playerbase for the game isn't developed yet.

There's still no release date. Also, they still have to address that poor netcode of theirs. Bear that in mind if you're planning on pre ordering the game.

Honestly, pre-ordering an MMO always sounds like one of the worst game purchasing decisions you can make. It's usually filled with a shit-ton of bugs and problems up the butt. Not to mention a real playerbase for the game isn't developed yet.

Yup, agreed on the first part. I disagree on the second part though. I actually enjoy being part of a still developing community. I hate to roll on a WoW server that has had people playing for the last seven years.

Well the last build I was playing was fairly stable, but bugs were around. One thing that I thought was pretty crazy was that I had to set the processor priority to highest for the game otherwise my sound would skip like crazy and driving me insane. There were a couple of graphical issues and dialogue issues going on.. and of course some terrible lag. I've seen beta testing in much worse shape and even releases that would be more buggy. However those issues are only representative of the first 20 levels on a server with like at max like 500-700 people playing at once. Not sure what a full scale deal will be like.

But yeah the $60 thing... I don't want to pay that for any game... MMO or not. I also don't know if I'm going to jump on launch or not, not really anything to do with the game as much as I'd like to not have my time eaten up by an MMO.

Is it EVER DIFFERENT FOR ANY AAA MMO?

Yes actually, it is.

Anyways, for those who wanted an actual answer, I looked it up myself and couldn't find anything so I dont think they have confirmed it yet.

But yeah the $60 thing... I don't want to pay that for any game... MMO or not. I also don't know if I'm going to jump on launch or not, not really anything to do with the game as much as I'd like to not have my time eaten up by an MMO.

Especially in a quarter where games like Battlefield 3 and Skyrim come out. Actually, I wouldn't mind a delay until early next year. That way it won't interfere too much with my gaming schedule and by the way you and other beta testers describe it the game could use a little more polish.

Yes actually, it is.

Anyways, for those who wanted an actual answer, I looked it up myself and couldn't find anything so I dont think they have confirmed it yet.

Examples?

I can pretty much guarantee it's going to be $14.99.

Guild Wars wants a word with you. Also Age of Conan (even when it wasnt F2P it was less than $15).

You are probably right that it will be $15, but christ the least you could do is calm down.

Especially in a quarter where games like Battlefield 3 and Skyrim come out. Actually, I wouldn't mind a delay until early next year. That way it won't interfere too much with my gaming schedule and by the way you and other beta testers describe it the game could use a little more polish.

Yeah I don't think they're going to release it any time soon. They're working on another build right now actually and the server has been down for a bit. Not sure what's coming but I assume it's not going to be a release-ready build. Besides, I only recently realized that they were testing with a really small number of people. I didn't realize I was so lucky. People on the server are saying no more than a couple thousand max. They had stress testing a month ago or so hoping for 800 people. They'll probably bring in a lot more people before they come out of closed beta I'd assume.

They'll probably bring in a lot more people before they come out of closed beta I'd assume.

They're gonna do beta weekends from the middle of September and onward. The whole concept of beta weekends sounds a bit silly to me though. Isn't the client like 30 gigs or so? Before you can even download the whole thing the weekend will be over.

Guild Wars wants a word with you. Also Age of Conan (even when it wasnt F2P it was less than $15).

You are probably right that it will be $15, but christ the least you could do is calm down.

GW was never meant to be an MMO. And AoC was $14.99 here, as far as I remember.

I'm just a little disappointed because I know this won't be as good as I want it to be and I would much prefer a kotor3 done while not being rushed by Obsidian.

Well, in that respect I feel your pain. I would much rather have a single player RPG sequel to KoTOR as opposed to an MMO. Bioware are masters of storytelling and character development, and despite their claims to a focus on great storytelling I can't help but feel it's going to be diluted by sharing it with thousands of other users at one time.

GW was never meant to be an MMO. And AoC was $14.99 here, as far as I remember.

I'm just a little disappointed because I know this won't be as good as I want it to be and I would much prefer a kotor3 done while not being rushed by Obsidian.
This. I wish we could have a KotOR3 with a good engine. That would be great.... :(

Some group gameplay from Gamescom. Looks flashy and all but yeah.

I guess I really haven't played enough to get to anything cool. I should probably test more but I am totally caught up in TF2...

Total Biscuit and Stephen Reid from Bioware have a look at the Sith newbie area.

Huttball is the stupidest and most uninspired name for anything that I've ever heard.

Huttball isn't that fun. It's ****ing chaos. I never have any damn idea what's going on and there's so much shit happening I have like 10 fps.

Between the commentary (grogdogs?!) and the actual objective itself I felt like I was watching a preview on a new Ratchet and Clank, reinforced heavily in the last few seconds.

Back