STEAM Backup - HL2 DVD Cover

Nice work. You picked my favourite piece of HL2 artwork for the cover too :D

btw, i thinl HL1 was 'game of year' for 1998, since that was when it was first released.

that is a neat little project you got going, it looks almost exactly like a real case

-merc

*dougy gets his dvd case for bf1942 out, rips the cover out of it and measures it with a ruler*

(all UK games come in dvd cases, even pccd rom ones)

umm how many pixels in an inch? :E

excellent work man.

Great work. Any chance of doing the instruction book too :angel:

<== buy retail (6cds) and combine onto 1 DVD, so i'll need a dvd cover/ box cover as well even though im buying retail

You should really get somebody to host that on a website b/c i got a feeling there will be many, many e-mails your gonna hafta send out.

Also i saw a few days ago that somebody made a cd-cover art for the steam back dvd if you burn one. I dunno if any of you guys know about it but we should also get that up on a website with this one (or if there are more than one created, people can choose what kind they like)

thats nice m8

i prefere ur to the thread starters

nice and simple

:) like me :p

Ok, i'll admit im confused, how do you print this so that it is the correct size to fit a DVD cover slip?

cheers

great work...

Id like to use this though...
But i cant seem to find hi-res version anywhere...
Please, if someone has one, or knows where i can find it, let me know...thx...

Attachments

• pcgamesmicrokof1011bt02.jpg
    pcgamesmicrokof1011bt02.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 322
  • pcgamesmicrokof1011bt01.jpg
    pcgamesmicrokof1011bt01.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 312
koopa said:
Heh, apologies to the original poster then. It's Valve who got it wrong! And besides, the sentence doesn't even make any grammatical sense.

well actually its you guys that are wrong friction, mass and bouyancy are all governed by the laws of physics for our world.

After much slaving, snipping and bitching Im happy.

No matter what I did (windows printer, abode printer) it never printed the exact right size.

Ive decided I need a new printer, this one is OLD. Anyway heres my cover, it rocks.

Attachments

• 49OA0004.jpg
    49OA0004.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 333
Kel Thuzad said:
great work...

Id like to use this though...
But i cant seem to find hi-res version anywhere...
Please, if someone has one, or knows where i can find it, let me know...thx...

gday mate.. here is the one ur looking for ;)
http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=225704

warning: BIG
http://swooneyspurs.pk-designs.com/images/Half-Life 2 DVD Case (Clean).jpg case
http://swooneyspurs.pk-designs.com/images/Half-Life 2 DVD Label (Clean).jpg label

:)

i personly prefer kismms :)

Fuzzy-_-Muff said:
well actually its you guys that are wrong friction, mass and bouyancy are all governed by the laws of physics for our world.
Well they're not governed by them, but that's a different story. The point is there is no 'law of mass' as the sentence implies. Don't try and outpedant me, because I am Captain Pedantic :E

Well I worked out how to print it right, I printed a high res - on high res paper, I must say, it looks fantastic!

:D

koopa said:
Well they're not governed by them, but that's a different story. The point is there is no 'law of mass' as the sentence implies. Don't try and outpedant me, because I am Captain Pedantic :E

hahaha.. thanks for brightening my day up!!

now all I need to do is burn my files to DVD & hey presto, a full version of HL2..

Here's another I've been working on, I'll post up the CD Labels later.

Tried to give G-Man that weird creepy look from the Bink Video Intro.

Small 56k Preview

Me like very much.

Definitely gonna use these on mine.

No chance of a multi DVD label version of the DVD label?? I've backed up my steam apps folder and it took 2 DVDs. I don't wanna ruin your great art with my '2 year old a-like' scribbling trying to get the disc numbers on.

I.E. A one with Disc 1 or something on and a one with Disc 2 or something on.

Thanks ksimm

ksimm said:
Thanks, heres a CD Label to go with the covers.

High res JPG

Love all the Labels and stuff. Would it be asking too much to ask for another version of the CD Label? I always buy the discs with more printable area on them , so the the printed image is closer to the center hole. If you feel up to it, how about a version for those type of discs?

Back