Steam Holiday Sale Now On - Up to 80% Off

Got myself,

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl (It was cheap)
Beyond Good and Evil (Never played before, but heard was good)
Tower Defense (these games are fun)
Civ4: BTS (I'm not sure why i only have the vanilla game)

I was going to get gta4 but I don't think my computer can handle it :(

I was going to get gta4 but I don't think my computer can handle it :(

DO BUY IT ANYWAYS, I cannot stress this enough. Last year, when Bioschock had a weekend sale at 1,99$ I passed because my computer was too sucky to play it. However, it's now able to run it smoothly but I passed. Oh, how I regret not getting it.

When you see a good deal, even if your PC can't take the game for now, get it and save it for later.

Trust me. Do it. Do not repeat my mistakes. Someday you'll be able to enjoy GTA4. :cheers:

DO BUY IT ANYWAYS, I cannot stress this enough. Last year, when Bioschock had a weekend sale at 1,99$ I passed because my computer was too sucky to play it. However, it's now able to run it smoothly but I passed. Oh, how I regret not getting it.

When you see a good deal, even if your PC can't take the game for now, get it and save it for later.

Trust me. Do it. Do not repeat my mistakes. Someday you'll be able to enjoy GTA4. :cheers:

That's exactly what I said to me friend. He wasn't going to buy it, and I said.. why not? Your compy can kind of handle it, and you're going to want to play it sometime down the line. It's only 8 bucks. You won't see that price for another year or so.

New deals are up!

Serious Sam HD: First Encounter - $9.99
Left 4 Dead 2 - $33.49
Football Manager 2010 - $29.99
id Super Pack - $23.79
Need for Speed: Shift - $37.49

wasn't L4D2 already 33.50 this morning? I think it was 37 or something.

Fallout 3 is about $37 and comes with all 5 of the DLC, pretty killer.

i have in my cart:

steamgames1.jpg

can't wait to try batman, i've held out too long

Let me know how Rainbow Six Las Vegas 2 is and if anybody is playing it online.

Let me know how Rainbow Six Las Vegas 2 is and if anybody is playing it online.

actually I just bought the PS3 version for $9.99 used but thats because I don't know too many people on Steam that have it. in its place I'm putting Stalker Clear Sky instead

I just got L4D2, evil genious and Sid Meier's pirates for myself. So yeah, that's nice.

Play Stalker with this mod after you patch the game to at least version 1.0005 (not sure if Steam does that automatically, as I am currently playing a lent physical copy of the game). It fixes the headbobbing, improves graphics, and adds lots of nice features that the developers didn't get around to adding:

http://stalker.filefront.com/file/STALKER_Complete_2009;107745

So far I'm very impressed with Stalker. The human and mutant AI actually surprises me sometimes, which is something few games have ever done (Half-Life 2 not being one of them :-( They flank and effectively use cover, crouching, and grenades. The animals act like real animals.

Zeno Clash is a great game. The story mode, while short, is satisfying and compelled me to see it through. The visuals are great and the melee combat is fun. Supposedly the developers will add a multiplayer component to the game sometime next year after they release the xbox version of the game.

Battlefield 2 complete pack worth it?

i was gunna ask the same question. i've played the game back in the day but its so dated now. graphics aside i think I'll pass this one out. you can get the whole pack for about $10 anyway on websites and i think Best Buy carries it. if you're all ready playing other multiplayer games just skip it.

i was gunna ask the same question. i've played the game back in the day but its so dated now. graphics aside i think I'll pass this one out. you can get the whole pack for about $10 anyway on websites and i think Best Buy carries it. if you're all ready playing other multiplayer games just skip it.

It's worth it. Oh god is it worth it.

yeah so i broke down and actually got the Eidos pack, Ghostbusters, and Battlefield 2 pack. dear god make it stop!!!!

Bought the Star Wars Premium Pack.

Despite it being a great deal, I still find it to be bullshit that you can't gift duplicate Steam games; as I would technically have an extra copy of KOTOR, that I would have liked to give to someone else.

Might be getting L4D2 if we can find a last guy to share the four-pack with.

I'm kinda pissed Torchlight is so cheap now. I didn't even play it and its $5 today. not really fair if you ask me, and I think they should fund you back credits if you bought it within a week or two and haven't played the game yet. but i might pick up the lumines and gift someone torchlight

not really fair if you ask me, and I think they should fund you back credits if you bought it within a week or two and haven't played the game yet.

Are you kidding?

Steam's known to reduce price this drastically. Why are you so surprised? Have patience next time.

Yup. Good things come to those who wait, perfect phrase. I don't get why all the people have been buying stuff that weren't daily deals when it could be easily done at the start of January once its known what all the daily deals were. Those who spent more on this and Red Faction should have known. Too much of a "microwave society." :p

Yup. Good things come to those who wait, perfect phrase. I don't get why all the people have been buying stuff that weren't daily deals when it could be easily done at the start of January once its known what all the daily deals were. Those who spent more on this and Red Faction should have known. Too much of a "microwave society." :p

some of us have jobs ya know! also i'm not really complaining, i'm just saying it would be a better business model if they allowed you to get store credit if you bought it within 7 days or so.

Can't say that i am impressed by any of the daily deals.

I've never actually played DoD. Is it worth grabbing at this price?

I've never actually played DoD. Is it worth grabbing at this price?

If you still get a kick out of WW2 shooters. Sure. It's not as good as the original mod though.
Valve's been quite lazy with its support too.

I'm finding Stalker, GTA4, and Assassin's Creed all awesome.

Back