Steam Holiday Sale Now On - Up to 80% Off

Semi-tempted to get Trine and Morrowind. Meh.

I just broke the €200,- line of spending on christmas sales.

just got Morrowind and I'm interested in C&C 3. played it on xbox and made the dumbest mistake of playing another Console RTS but at the time my PC couldn't run it smooth. I got so far in that game too but the control interface was ghastly!

Is Morrowind truly better than Oblivion?

its debatable. hands down more magical than oblivion though. also just got Command and Conquer 3, and Commandos pack: 2+3! now its time to play em all!!

I bought Left 4 Dead 2 about a week ago for the Steam sale price of $33.50. I'm quite pleased with it, despite the fact that I'll be scarcely playing it because of school and such frivolities. Still, I don't regret the purchase.

The last day of deals is a "best of" of the best deals. Worth it if you missed it. However, I had already bought them all!

I guess I can't complain, based on how lucky I was with all of these deals, however I was expecting something much better for the last day. Instead it's all ones we've already seen/have, wooo....

Since it's the last day, lets see what everyone purchased.....

$4.99 Killing Floor
$4.99 Torchlight
$13.59 Crysis Complete (NA)
$2.99 Multiwinia + Darwinia
$4.99 Shattered Horizon
$12.47 Max Payne, Left 4 Dead, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
$7.99 Trine (missed the $5 sale)
$7.49 Battlefield 2

Total $59.50, 12 games

And then of course the irresistible Edios pack for another $50.

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Hitman: Blood Money, Battlestations: Midway, Just Cause, Hitman: Codename 47, Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition, Deus Ex: Invisible War, Thief: Deadly Shadows, Tomb Raider: Legend, Project: Snowblind, Rogue Trooper, Infernal, Kane and Lynch: Dead Men™, Conflict: Denied Ops, Tomb Raider: Underworld, Shellshock 2: Blood Trails, Battlestations Pacific, Mini Ninjas, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Flora's Fruit Farm

Missed the $5 sale on trine & accidentally purchased Max Payne 1&2 separately. Already owned MaxPayne 1&2, Crysis + Expansion, BF2, and a few in the Edios pack but want them in digital-download format for convenience. Should sell them online & get half my $$ back. $100 for 32 games? Not bad at all. Probably take me all of 2010 to get through the games I haven't played already.

Reviews: (of games I haven't played before)
TRINE - 7/10 it's kinda fun, a good casual game for visitors
Torchlight - 9/10 BUY IT! The end. (it's still $5 today)
Shattered Horizon - 6/10 Meh, only played it about an hour... Probably be more fun once I get used to the controls, but the game is kinda boring.

I bought...

...just about everything.

I need to know before the sale ends; I bought Deus Ex, is Deus Ex: Invisible Wars a good sequel?

Not sure about a 'good sequel', but for my money it's a pretty good game. Now that you mention it I might even buy it at that price (and I've already completed it once, when I borrowed it from a friend).

I bought:

Ben There, Dan That + Time Gentlemen Please!
Beyond Good and Evil
Brothers In Arms: Earned In Blood
Darwinia + Multiwinia
GTA:IV
Indigo Prophecy
Mass Effect
Max Payne 1 + 2
Oddworld: Abe's Exodus + Oddysee
Osmos
Silent Hunter III
Soldiers: Heroes of World War II
X-Com: Terror From The Deep
X-Com: UFO Defense

I got:
Osmosis (2$)
Bioshock (5$)
Defense grid: The awakening (2,5$)
Dead Space (10$)
Gta4 (7.5$)
Ra3 (10$)

for a grand total of 37$.
Not a bad loot after all.

I think it's generally assumed that Invisible War would've been better received if it wasn't the sequel to Deus Ex.

Braid
Audiosurf
Osmos
Darwinia
Multiwinia
Saints Row 2
Stalker: Clear Sky
Deus Ex
Day of Defeat
Company of Heroes
Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
Max Payne
Max Payne 2
SW: Battlefront
SW: Galaxies
KOTOR
SW: Starfighter
SW: Republic Commando
Dark Forces
Dark Forces 2
Mysteries of The Sith
Jedi Outcast
Jedi Academy
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

24 games for $88.

Not bad at all.

Deus Ex: GOTY
Puzzle Quest
STALKER: Clear Sky

That is all, a damn good deal for $15.

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Hitman: Blood Money
Battlestations: Midway
Just Cause
Hitman: Codename 47
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Tomb Raider: Legend
Project: Snowblind
Rogue Trooper
Infernal
Kane and Lynch: Dead Men™
Conflict: Denied Ops
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Shellshock 2: Blood Trails
Battlestations Pacific
Mini Ninjas
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Flora's Fruit Farm

all for $50, and
torchlight - $10 (should have waited to get it until today, damn them)

but I'm still happy with what I got

I am not sure about Dawn Of War 2. What do you think?

Stuff what I got:

Audiosurf [£1.50]
Doom Pack (Ultimate, II, Master Levels, Final, 3, Expansion) [£7.60-ish]
Mass Effect [£3.50-ish]
Osmos [£1.39]

I'd been hoping to get Audiosurf and the Doom pack in the sale. Mass Effect and Osmos were just for the hell of it.

I think it's generally assumed that Invisible War would've been better received if it wasn't the sequel to Deus Ex.
Undoubtedly, but some of its bad rep is still its own stupid fault, stuff that would have been bad design no matter what name it all carried. Its cities don't feel like exploring a bunch of blurringly-textured bungalows because Deus Ex was a good game...

So ZT, Invisible War: Terrible sequel, flawed but interesting game, worth buying... though the price on Steam doesn't actually seem that impressive. (a quick glance tells me it's about half the price on Amazon in the UK.)

Meh. They keep cycling the same damn deals. Put something new up there for a change.

For myself
Osmos
Eufloria
Batman: Arkham Asylum (EU)
Time Gentlemen, Please!
Ben There, Dan That!
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Zeno Clash
The Void
Crysis Complete (W-EU)
Shattered Horizon
Peggle Deluxe
Trials 2: Second Edition
Grand Theft Auto IV (EU)
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
Bioshock (EU)
Defense Grid: The Awakening

Gifts
Batman: Arkham Asylum (EU)
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!
The Void

€183,71

ouch, but no regrets.

I'm pretty sure both VALVe and the developpers of the various games (games that were on sale, that is) made a lot of money during the sales.

dammit, well I'm getting Ben there Dan that bundle but the Void was $5 right?? has anyone played it?? the game looks like a breath of fresh air to me

Ffffffuuuck!
I missed the C&C deals, got sidetracked and totally forgot about them.

we should make a shared steam account with a few dozen games in it

Back