Steam to be released tonight Sept 11.. confirmed..

G

From VALVe: Steam will NOT be delayed. Steam will be released tonight.

#steam on irc.gamesnet.net for father information.

*UPDATE* #steam has just received an email stating the following:

"Dispite the rumors, Steam Final 1.0 will be released tonight, Sept. 11, 2003. We are working as hard as we can to get the Steam Servers up and running. We would rather have a working program then a buggy beta-like program. If Steam is not released tonight, then we will post a new release date, which will be shortly after today."

yay

If Steam is not released tonight, then we will post a new release date, which will be shortly after today."

its 8:41 PM PST lets hope they get it up.

Originally posted by illspirit44
From VALVe: Steam will NOT be delayed. Steam will be released tonight.

#steam on irc.gamesnet.net for father information.

*UPDATE* #steam has just received an email stating the following:

"Dispite the rumors, Steam Final 1.0 will be released tonight, Sept. 11, 2003. We are working as hard as we can to get the Steam Servers up and running. We would rather have a working program then a buggy beta-like program. If Steam is not released tonight, then we will post a new release date, which will be shortly after today."

Nice try..I think someone at valve would be able to spell Despite correctly.

they have, what, a little over 3 hours to get it out "today" (PST)?

I don't know if I should stay up, I work for 14 hours tommorow, and I want Steam installed and running while I'm gone.

um i didnt make this up.. i got this off neowin.net forums.. and it says it waz confirmed on #steam on irc.. so u can go there and check it out..

2 mins!! Just be ready to get it before it gets overloaded. We killed enough servers for one day :)

its almost midnite here. So around 2 AM it should be released if they were to release it tonite.

If this was official I think it would've been posted at the VERC Collective by now.

But I don't know... It's the best thing we have to go on.

I dont see ANY evidence that this was posted to #steam
That channel is dead, and the mods are saying that they will ignore all questions about the release date.

Originally posted by Apos
I dont see ANY evidence that this was posted to #steam
That channel is dead, and the mods are saying that they will ignore all questions about the release date.

it was there... I saw it as well and it was posted on some news site

A mod just posted "VALVe thinks that Steam Final could be better so they are working on it some more..Probably tomorrow."

The steam boards were back up for awhile, but now they are back down again, and read "The Steam Users Forum is down while we prepare for the Steam release. Please check back soon!"

#steam mods just posted "Release date is now tomorrow."

#steam mods just posted "Release date is now tomorrow."

I think Valve should just shut up with release info until its actually released! This is pissing me off.

I didn't make it up, though of course the #steam mods are only tangentially "in the know"

Originally posted by nw909
No, I was agreeing with him.

K, well putting 'false alarm' next to a statement describing one thing insinuates you're contradicting it. You could've said 'looks like today's release was a false alarm.'

With all the steam delays, lets hope valve can get it right for once.....hl2

Anubis

Now it says "Steam Client release delayed again due to technical problems ::: kazaa exploited to steal Cd-keys -beware"

Steam mods know nothing more than anyone else. They are merely tech support for current Steam versions.

I like how the the first word in this "email" is spelled wrong :/

Now it says "Steam Client release delayed again due to technical problems ::: kazaa exploited to steal Cd-keys -beware"

Oy...we need someone from Valve in here to tell us what the hell is going on.

Oh suck my ass, they hacked their own web page because they weren't ready!!!

I have alot of respect for Valve, but they should not give any dates for release's from now on.

www.steampowered.com is down! I have always (even in the past few days) been able to get on after a few refreshes but it is down now for good...are they uploading a new steam website plus steam???? i think so!

uhh, no. It's been like that for a few days now.

Originally posted by G·Man
Oh suck my ass, they hacked their own web page because they weren't ready!!!

I have alot of respect for Valve, but they should not give any dates for release's from now on.

I agree...don't say shit until shit is done.

It is up and down because people are constantly refreshing it to check for the client release. They did shut down the forums tho.

Well if any updates arrise on this subject post your information here. :)

Back