steams poll

D

dudeman2000

steam has reaesed a poll, asking about system requirements for half life 2. Does this mean were getting close to shipping

It means nothing. We've been close to shipping for the last week.

It doesn't mean too much, since they've had one of these a while back when Steam was out of the beta stages (a year or more ago, i'm assuming).

Quite a lot happens with the hardware standards after a whole year..

Everything means the game is closer. Man hl2 will soon be out. :p

Just a rehash of the last survey which is now useless because it's a year old (it was meant to check the pc's of Steam users who could play HL2, and many of those upgraded by now).

Lets just hope that they don't remake the entire game based on the results of the survey. Nothing surprises me anymore..

There are a lot of things from that poll i find interesting. Like, over 50% only have 256mb ram. That's crazy! I have 1Gig and i need that to play games like Battlefield. Maps load a lot faster.

This is the second of third "poll" in Steam. I'd like to think it means that the game is close. But I wonder why it still says that they will use it for tweaks. You won't go about & add tweaks to a newly-sent RC. I bet they just copied the last text...

etzel90 said:
There are a lot of things from that poll i find interesting. Like, over 50% only have 256mb ram. That's crazy! I have 1Gig and i need that to play games like Battlefield. Maps load a lot faster.
According to the Steam survey I have 511mb of RAM, so according to the catagories they use I get put into the 256-512 range. I am probably not the only person that gets that.

A couple of things I noticed about the results:

ATI have increased their share of valve`s audience.

Korean teens have an officially recognised language , separate from "adult" Korean.

I am one of only 13 people who have less than 10 gigs free space ( lol ).

The Mullinator said:
According to the Steam survey I have 511mb of RAM, so according to the catagories they use I get put into the 256-512 range. I am probably not the only person that gets that.
Same thing happens to me. Very strange....

It makes us look like hardware losers :eek:

SAJ said:
A couple of things I noticed about the results:

ATI have increased their share of valve`s audience.

Korean teens have an officially recognised language , separate from "adult" Korean.

I am one of only 13 people who have less than 10 gigs free space ( lol ).

i am also one of those with less than 10 gigs free ehe

I find the CD/DVD result to be the most interesting. Perhaps now they see that so many people have DVD they'll release the game on it. Or at least a DVD version.

I like the cpuid "ValveIsGreat". And 1 person has it!? Actually I think they gave each catergory a 'freebie' vote (possibly to avoid dividing by zero somewhere?)

Either that or they made that catergory because one of them hacked/or made a custom chip. Doubt it though.

a year ago :O , i'm sure it was only about 6 months ago :E

anyhow they got that i have a geforce 3 when i will soon have a 9600XT ^_^, osh im the sneaky one

Back