Stepping out of the shadow..

I

itchy20011

I have long watched these forums and i have finally decided to add my two cents. I do believe that most of the people here know just about as much as the person next to them and i am not here to say that anybody is right or wrong. I am just here to say that i have not said one word and this has let me come to a conclusion. Half life 2 is a game and although we all want it NOW, we will not get it and throwing negative remarks at Valve are not helping. The sooner we shut our mouths and wait the better off the final product and wait time for it will be. The source being stolen and people compiling it are events which are not in Valves control so give it a rest already. And to everybody who once praised Valve and then gave them the finger and walked away are not good enough to be called fans. You can flame me all you want but if your pissed with valve then stop wanting hl2. It is their creation and just because they "might" have screwed up does not mean you can turn your back on them now. Either your with them or not and you cant hate them and still be waiting for their game. If you like the product and not the creator then shut your mouth because it is not helping.

Oh and for all the immature people out there who are going to obviously be checking this post for spelling mistakes etc. You guys go do somehting creative and stop looking for ways to flame. If you do not approve of this thread then state your opinion but flaming etc will only show your level of immaturity.
Thank you all for listening.
P.S. Give valve a break...they brought us half life and we loved it...wait untill they bring out hl2..then you can say whatever you want...

Bravo!

I wholeheartedly agree. Valve will release HL2 when they deem that they can, till then, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I have faith that Valve will release a product with the same amount of polish & substance the original HL had.

It's just a game.

its a forum, no matter what people will be imature. they just want attention

Why do people keep posting these. Does it make them feel like they are better then everyone else?

No, it just breaks up the monotony of:

OMFG! HL2 delayed! F*** you Valve!
I wasted $400 on a new card for this, I had to sell my mother too!
I f***ing hate you.

Don't you think?

Wow, some halfway intelligent forum members. I agree with everything you said, itchy.

Maybe we should have some sort of maturity and IQ test to determine who can join the forums? :biggrin:

Maybe we should have some sort of maturity and IQ test to determine who can join the forums?

that rules out most of the IRC channel people then

MODERATOR11!!!1!ONE!11

Heh, I love it! While I hate to sound trollish, there's nothing better than browsing through forums and seeing the blatant spelling errors all over. If you take the time to type out a post, why not type one in coherent English? It sounds much more intelligent than "yeh mn I th1nk gbe is gay asl plz." Not only that, but I see it as a sort of respect to take the time to type correctly.

hmm. I did buy a 9800 aiw for HL2. Doesnt seem im going to be able to use it. Although, I was on a gf2mx previously, so it really isnt that bad. All my games play well now.

I can wait till next year, preferrably early next year. Although, if I were valve, i would concentrate on finishing up the game, changing a few things to make the current leak useless, and publish the damn game. And make moneh.

Originally posted by InsertNameHere
Heh, I love it! While I hate to sound trollish, there's nothing better than browsing through forums and seeing the blatant spelling errors all over. If you take the time to type out a post, why not type one in coherent English? It sounds much more intelligent than "yeh mn I th1nk gbe is gay asl plz." Not only that, but I see it as a sort of respect to take the time to type correctly.

:rolleyes: It was a JOKE you little.....gah, people trying to act smart is quite annoying...

Yea, I agree I don't understand what the fuss is about "Valve has jerked us around" and "Lied to us" ... It's a release date, which is always subject to change and moreover why does it matter? There are plenty of fine games still out there... Play Counter-Strike, play Warcraft 3 the less you think about when the hell hl2 will come out the less agonmizing the wait is.

Sorry lucky, the sarcasm and appreciation of the joke must have too much for you to understand. I forgot that I need to add a small tag denoting sarcasm to everything that I post.

*Oh yeah! [/sarcasm]

Better?

Originally posted by InsertNameHere
Sorry lucky, the sarcasm and appreciation of the joke must have too much for you to understand. I forgot that I need to add a small tag denoting sarcasm to everything that I post.

*Oh yeah! [/sarcasm]

Better?

What you typed didn't look sarcastic one bit. Remember, I cannot hear you, only read what you type. I didn't see smilies, overuse of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !?!?!?!?!??! !?1/1//11?!? or any other signs that pointed to sarcasm.

So get off you're soapbox and sit down.

[grits teeth] your, not you're [/grits teeth]

Yeah, I always forget how you can't hear inflection over the web. I've made an arse of myself for this sort of thing more times than I care to admit.

~sits down, taking lucky with him~

Back