strange SHADOWS in HL2 demo movie

Originally posted by Wahad
How can I mailing Gabe????Tell me his e-mail.
i'm sorry, but if you're THAT bad at english, maybe you should ask someone else to send gabe an e-mail.... :x

lol @bel be nice! :D

Oh yeah about the shadows: I really don't give a flying fudge, I always disable shadows ingame, unless it's a flight-sim. It just eats up processing power and it's not worth the eye candy, just my 2ç

omg wtf lolz0rz teh game isnt exactly like RL Hl2 blowz0rz

get over it people

Actually there is only one guy whining here... make that two with you : )

Originally posted by scribblehead
regnarts, i don't want to spill the news for ya buddy, but you're nitpicking waaaay too much, i mean come on the game was'nt perfect at e3...and won't probably be when its released--but i'll bet my pinky toe on that its most likely all (shadow bugs) has been fixed when you pick it up at your favourite store.

he's just observant and bringing it to our attention, plus its kinda fun to look at the problems and wonder how we missed things like that

Thanks for mail.For @bell:" Ma pusi mi kurac pederu pametni jedi srpska govna.Da mi nisi napisao ni jednu sitnicu majmune jedan"
Who knows Serbian he understand.Who want to understand this, he can send me an e-mail [email protected] .By the way @bel...... i do not want to indjure ma keyboard writtin` some f****** words to someboby who is......

Nastavak ove poruke mozete naci u casopisu nazvan "Jebi mi mamu u bulju"

Originally posted by regnarts
LOOK!!!
those shadows were casted in different direction under THE SUN
funny :)

LOL. And you're not nitpicking man, you're exposing flaws and people are getting upset that Source isn't perfect. Keep posting them, they are fun to look at.

The lighting for HL2 is not going to be like the real-time shadow lighting for engines like CloakNT,Doom3, Abducted or Amp2. For now, it's just not performance effective for the other details that would have to be sacrificed. Likewise, current tech would not be able to do ambient light and proper diffraction of light so graphic quality would be less realistic looking (though more dynamic)- something HL2 doesn't want. Source, however, like other engines (unreal2-deusex2) can be modified to include dynamic lighting (vampire masquerade).
I expect Valve to clean up these errors because they seem minor (I can see the antlion's shadow falls on the door when previously the table shadow in traptown didn't) but I don't expect lighting to be the greatest achievement for HL2- look in the direction of gameplay or story maybe.

Originally posted by Anwar
This is not an old example.

http://halflife2.homelan.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=179157

That vid came out about a week ago. It looks like valve still has not fixed the shadows in HL2. Stuff like that can delay the game. That and steams current status.

Most games, even Doom3, let you tag whether an object projects a shadow or not (that's how you can completely illuminate a room without killing frames by rendering each and every shadow from each light source). These are minor problems.

Back