strange...!

Adios amigos

Reaction score
Look at this picture from CS:S:
cs_source.jpg

(http://www.ralc.dk/images/cs_source.jpg). What is wrong whit the shadows? The light must be coming from the sun, but if there was 1 more light source behind the CT there should be 2 shadows... :)
Or what ?

THe source usues its own lighting rather the Dynamic lighting, i think this means that the shadows will not move relisticly to light sources

Truthfully does it really matter? It won't affect the game in anyway. And when you finally get the game, you won't even notice it.

But, its pretty important. If a enemy is hidding behind something then its not sure that you would could see his shadow...

could be a shadow from a gun thats being fired behind the ct?

btw, what spot of the map is this?? Terror spawn?

Its the way you are looking at the picture...
There are times when weird things happen, but in this picture they are all going in the same direction. Its you.

yeah seriously dude your arrows are all pointing in the wrong direction. the light source is positioned obove the ct's left shoulder and slightly in front of him judging from the shadows. i dont think you fully understang how light and shadow works.

who cares..? I played the game, it's great, I didn't even notice this. Why do some of you feel the need to analyze screenshots like this? As for looking for shadows of enemies, give me a break, no one ever does this and never will. CS is too fast paced to take your time and look for shadows behind corners and stuff like that.

riTuaL said:
who cares..? I played the game, it's great, I didn't even notice this. Why do some of you feel the need to analyze screenshots like this? As for looking for shadows of enemies, give me a break, no one ever does this and never will. CS is too fast paced to take your time and look for shadows behind corners and stuff like that.

I do. :D You're a retard. :D

The guy had a point but looking at the lighting I think it's safe to say it was just above the photo and not multiple sources. Something like this being wrong could mess up the game pretty bad.

CitrusC said:
Something like this being wrong could mess up the game pretty bad.

You have to be kidding me. Its a game, it doesn't have to be realistic.

come guys give the guy a break... its a beta and we are the beta testers and finding problems is our goal so that there are none in the full game!

So take them rose petal bluddy glasses off and realise that the game is not perfect!

Find them bugs...!!!

yeah think you're just mistaking where the light is coming from. I wouldn't have drawn the arrows in that direction.

Tbh it's more likely they all go in the same direction, I think if they went in different directions that would probably be more realistic if there were multiple light sources. But umm... yeah this pic means nothing. :)

The lighting is perfect.

As 2 ppl already posted above, you're simply looking at it wrongly.

If your pointing at the car, chances are it is a static object, and therefore doesnt need a shaddow because it wont move, all the moving shaddows are defined by a single entity in the map that sets there direction and length, you probbaly can give the static objects a shaddow, and the static brush geometry does cast radiosity shaddows, but ingame terms its unimportant, the ambient lighting and radiosity lighting is very nice though and gives the scene as a whole a nice solid look, if your obsessed with dynamic lighting and shaddow systems and nothing else then source is not for you.

yeah seriously dude your arrows are all pointing in the wrong direction. the light source is positioned obove the ct's left shoulder and slightly in front of him judging from the shadows. i dont think you fully understang how light and shadow works.

If the light source is above the CT, then i still cant see how the other shadows can turn against the light source???? :rolling:

The two on the left are the same direction, but obviously the CT is not.
Perhaps dynamic lighting will be involved in the 1.0 or later patches just not the beta.

yeah if it came from 1 lightsource the shadows are wrong.

but i dont really care anyway :D

I agree with you Adios!

If there is one light source (the sun) then the shadows are turned towards each other, which is impossible in real life and if there are two light sources then the left objects are missing an extra shadow :(

See what we think when we get the Beta @ home and then report it if it still exists. Maybe this stuff will be found and sorted in the Cafe Beta so that when we get it, it isn't a problem.

Ok, now i deleted the arrows, if thats better, but the shadows are still pointing against each other...

#22 okay :)

Back