Strider Dropships?

Reaction score
Anybody seen the screenshots of a strider being dropped of from some combine jump ship? Pretty scary shit

I was amazed by that screenshot looked sick.

Dropships can drop anything from Striders to Overlook soldiers.

Um.... Is it just me or is that just a picture of a dropship above a strider? From the angle it doesn't look like it's actually being carried. It looks more like it's standing on that rubble.

no ya fool look at the dropship itself the legs of a strider are folded up under it, theres 2 striders in that picture :)

look at the ship itself. it's carrying a strider i think.

Just imagine the ingame feeling that brings.

"Holy crap that damn Strider took forever to take down"

*WHOOSH*

*Strider pops out*

"AHH WHAT THE **** GODDAMIT PIECE OF SH** VALVE"

Haha oh yeah... I didn't see the one folded up on the ship.

Also, according to my UK PcGamer, the striders beam weapon leaves a crater... Looks like there is at least some element of deformable terrain present.

Ten bucks says you'll have to break the Striders eye with many rockets, then take down his legs ewok style.

Yeah, I do that when I'm bored...

Take down striders that is... Some guy calling himself the G-Man hired me up for the job. heh.

Didn't we see some sort of beam weapon in one of the videos that the swedish school group brought back from Valve? There is this blue light and then some headcrabs jump out at you. We all wondered what it was: maybe it was that?

May be a mild spoiler to people who haven't thought of this yet...

Or it was the landing of one of those pods we can see in zombie-infested Ravenholm. I reckon they're like some sort of headcrab bomb for clearing out isolated towns and things. Headcrabs being used as a biological weapon... wOoOoOo

Brian Damage said:
May be a mild spoiler to people who haven't thought of this yet...

Or it was the landing of one of those pods we can see in zombie-infested Ravenholm. I reckon they're like some sort of headcrab bomb for clearing out isolated towns and things. Heacdrabs being used as a biological weapon...
That's a wicked cool idea! But I would like to see a badly damaged dropship try and land and a burning strider fall down from underneath.

One of the best ideas I've heard yet, Brian. Really dang cool!

RaBiD WeAzEL said:
Yeah, I do that when I'm bored...

Take down striders that is... Some guy calling himself the G-Man hired me up for the job. heh.

Oh I didnt Mr G-man gave out more than 1 job, my pay is crap though you see I dont go out there in all the action. I am the receptionist for the G-man's office.

Well, that theory's from an old thread in the rumours and speculation forum. Which probably means it's been shifted to this forum.

It might also explain why there are reportedly so many different species of headcrabs now. Maybe some of them were engineered by the Combine from the original breed?

Brian Damage said:
Well, that theory's from an old thread in the rumours and speculation forum. Which probably means it's been shifted to this forum.

It might also explain why there are reportedly so many different species of headcrabs now. Maybe some of them were engineered by the Combine from the original breed?

That could be true, maybe..

they engineered different types of headcrabs to help speed up the infection/mortality rate, such as headcrabs that act as spiders and possibly hunt in packs, that would be creepy

that'd be amazing, i still dont believe theres
"many" different breeds of headcrab though.
I can see there being 3 diff types at max.

Hope you're right though :)

It's so simple, I can't believe you guys haven't figured out how to kill striders yet. When the strider turns to you and starts powering up that blue ray-thing, you whip out your mirror and it bounces back to the strider, killing it. Duh. :O

Uranus said:
It's so simple, I can't believe you guys haven't figured out how to kill striders yet. When the strider turns to you and starts powering up that blue ray-thing, you whip out your mirror and it bounces back to the strider, killing it. Duh. :O

"Use the shwartz Lonestar"

chriso20 said:
that'd be amazing, i still dont believe theres
"many" different breeds of headcrab though.
I can see there being 3 diff types at max.

Hope you're right though :)

Well so far it seems, going from pics, previews, and other legal sources, that there's Normal,
Poison, Fast and Flying

fez said:
***** ** *********! :cries:
Heh, keep it in spoiler tags Mr. Man!

What are these Combine Overlookers you speak of?

I have heard of them.. What are they?

There are no
flying head crabs
. It was an error made by a magazine.

Based on what, Cheta? The "beta" is terribly out of date, I dunno if the script would say anything about the headcrabs, and the GCFs are incomplete.

Flying headcrabs do sound odd, admittedly, but I wouldn't say they're outside the realms of possibility.

The simple fact that no other mag / site reported it and at the time they were only going on information that was available to everone. Pretty much sums it up.

Not that im adverse to seeing a head crab flapping about (ala the mushrooms from supermario)

I agree, a flying headcrab does seem a bit out of place.

And plus, the headcrab would be used to the low gravity Xen, and not be able to fly in a different environment, Earth.

f0rked said:
Um.... Is it just me or is that just a picture of a dropship above a strider?

yes it is. i cant see how anyone could be so naive as to think that the strider was being carried by the dropship. i mean come on...these people have got a lot of time to think while they write their misinformed posts. surely in that time theyd realise that they'd made a mistake?

vegeta897 said:
Heh, keep it in spoiler tags Mr. Man!

What are these Combine Overlookers you speak of?

I have heard of them.. What are they?

I thought they were called "Overwatch" soldiers. These are made reference to in the PC Gamer UK review. Nothing else but their name is mentioned so I cannot tell you what they are...sorry.

bodhi said:
yes it is. i cant see how anyone could be so naive as to think that the strider was being carried by the dropship. i mean come on...these people have got a lot of time to think while they write their misinformed posts. surely in that time theyd realise that they'd made a mistake?

If you were going for sarcasm - you failed. And if not, look at the pic again. You can clearly see the striders legs folded up underneath the ship. Look for the tell-tale spikes / hairs on the feet area if you can't see it.

bodhi said:

Godammit, Jesus Lord, Mary, Johasaphene help you! Look at the f*$ken screen shot ONE more time ...carefully... Look at the dropship... :|

i cant tell if he was trying to be sarcastic or trying to be..(checking to see if vegetas online)...ok or if hes just being stupid

Back