stridermountain.com launched!

TB Biggs

Reaction score
Check the site www.stridermountain.com for information on this new HL2 mod in development-including news, screens, a teaser video and more!
Be sure to enter our poster contest for a chance to have your artwork appear in our mod.

indeed did we tell you about it, and now you can visit it.

leon

Next time, considering your other thread is still quite alive and relevant, don't make a new thread, just post in the existing one. I might merge these two later when I have time :)

That having been said, I'm a little meh about the website. There's not a whole lot of information on there about the mod, two of the screenshot links (maps 3 and 4) are broken/incomplete, and we still know very little about the modification.

I haven't watched the video yet but it looks decent, so that's a plus. The map shots are not the best, you really need better detailing and geometry work, but I like the lighting for the most part and I've never really been one to feel like visuals or mapping were all that important past how they affect gameplay.

In the video, is the player using custom weapon models of his own or are these included in the mod itself?

one thing you've got going for you is that you're fairly friendly people and you manage to disregard most of the random internet shitbabble that all mods get

one thing you've got going for you is that you're fairly friendly people and you manage to disregard most of the random internet shitbabble that all mods get

We're pretty sure that's a compliment! And, we appreciate HL2.net for helping us get the word out to the community.

A big feat considering any and every mod idea/project gets horrendously shot down here with SixThree leading the pack.

Nice looking website.

Thanks for the compliment. It's my first website and it was a really fun-headache to work on. Originally it was just the flash based site, but our project lead, Baltic Forever, felt that a non-flash site was necessary as well. That's why it was a little delayed! Anyway, if you see any bugs on the site, particularly in IE, let us know.

The StriderMountain poster contest submissions continue to come in and the community creativity level is impressive. Thanks to those who have submitted posters and if you are still thinking about the entering-it's not too late! We have extended the due date to July 9, 2007. Visit www.stridermountain.com for more info.
Also, Map 3 screens and a 2nd teaser video are coming soon.

I saw the trailer on your site- it was pretty good until you started pausing and experimenting with video effectsm and you could have edited out the console at the end.
otherwise, great.

JULY 1, 2007 Check out our latest combination media release of Map3 screenshots & video teaser #2. The SM Team is hard at work and making great progress for a Summer 2007 release. And as a reminder, the poster contest ends on July 9. There's still time to enter for a chance to be featured in the StriderMountain mod.

I was just wiking so missed this.

I'm off to lunch - but i'll get it onto the front page soon.

EDIT: Woot - look up to the sky - ie front page...

Front page-thanks. The SM team really appreciates the support of HL2.net for our many hours of work. Enjoy and as always, comments from around the world are a blast!

August update: Map 4 has been completed and 16 new screenshots can be seen on the gallery[screens] page of stridermountain
Map 5 screens and a new video teaser will be coming soon.

I hope you actually coded in these weapons, and not mere models who act just like the hl2 inventory.

HEY GUYS MY M4 SHOOTS COMBINE BALLS :sleep:

No offense but the storyline of your mod doesn't intrest me in the slightest. wow! going on a mission up a mountain to destroy a base of striders hasn't really got a lot of depth to it. The maps look good and that's basically the only thing interesting enough to be in a mod.

The StriderMountain team has partnered with a talented composer to create original music tracks. Click on stainofmind for music samples. Also, check out the sneak peek preview screens from the newest map #8 "CREVASSE" at stridermountain.

I hate that website. The most incomprehensible pointless use of buttons and flash ever.

Why do people design websites that you have to learn? Microsoft spend millions developing an interface that everyone knows how to use, and somebody goes and designs a website that you have to piss around with.

I didn't even get as far as the screenshots.

All NEW StriderMountain Video Trailer Part 3 of 4 is now available on the gallery [video] page. You can also preview 9 maps, over 90 screenshots and 3 video trailers. www.stridermountain.com

StriderMountain October update

"...the all-new arctic maps and innovative plot should make the final game more than worth the wait."
Many thanks goes out to columnist Brett Todd at PC GAMER for picking the unreleased StriderMountain as the Mod of the Month. You can get the December 2008 issue and the article HERE.

We have made some updates to stridermountain.com, including the addition of a music player featuring the original music composed exclusively for the mod by the very talented David Mason at StainofMind. Press the play button and Crank up your speaker volume.

And finally a final map announcement...finally. The SM team have made a decision to develop one last map. This decision came about for two reasons: 1) to enhance the overall storyline by adding a twist to a cliff hanger ending (boo, bad pun!) and 2) give the player one last, action packed map to complete the StriderMountain journey. Stayed tuned for screens from the all-new and final map EXIT PORTAL.

The StriderMountain journey is edging ever closer...

Websites with automatically playing sound are automatically black listed, in my book.

It's a way to showcase the game's custom music, not that bothersome to me.

Websites with automatically playing sound are automatically black listed, in my book.

I completely agree, that's why it does not automatically play. It only plays if you hit the button. Otherwise, no sound.

I'm slightly concerned about the uses of Doom3 textures, and not even from a legal standpoint. Maybe you've got rid of them, I dunno, but I don't see that as good form.
Otherwise it looks a bit rather interesting.

I completely agree, that's why it does not automatically play. It only plays if you hit the button. Otherwise, no sound.

The site makes sounds regardless if you play the music or not. The mouse-over links make sounds, as does the box in the top right.

It looks like a good mod...

But you should probably get a better PC. The trailers lagg like hell.

-Reloader2

Back