Striders and Coastline get the 1024 treatment.

Eh, too much trouble just to see the same old movies in a higher resolution.

jet jaguar said:
Eh, too much trouble just to see the same old movies in a higher resolution.
No. This is what most of us have been waiting for for more than half a year.

Only 3 - 4 days left for new media anyway.

im impressed with the higher resolution videos.. its just beatiful! :naughty: now bring on the game allready :( :sniper:

Striker said:
im impressed with the higher resolution videos.. its just beatiful! :naughty: now bring on the game allready :( :sniper:

Whenever i see them I just think of all the millions of cool extended singleplayer missions the fans made (almost like fan fiction), and i just cannot wait to see all the millions of strider moments or little mini stories in the ruined streets, god i just want this damn thing!

I don't know about you guys, but when I watched the coastline one, at the point where Gordon is driving past the overturned cars, thinking about doing that in the game was like a shot of adrenaline. I can't believe some year-old footage still does this to me. I want this game so badly. I've had the money saved up since last July... coming up on 1 year, along with my receipt. :)

EC said:
I don't know about you guys, but when I watched the coastline one, at the point where Gordon is driving past the overturned cars, thinking about doing that in the game was like a shot of adrenaline. I can't believe some year-old footage still does this to me. I want this game so badly. I've had the money saved up since last July... coming up on 1 year, along with my receipt. :)

I know exactly what you mean, EC. I feel the same way... i'm counting on a few things to keep me going:

1. sdk/benchmark or something at E3
2. release date at E3
3. a great presentation.

I am a bit concerned though... we are all so obsessed by this game... we've memorized the binks, we know every frame, every line, we've shown all our friends... this year's E3 has got to be simply spectacular, or else it's going to be a sad day on these forums.

I think that if anyone can make the game Half-Life 2 promises to be, it's Valve... i just hope they've done it.

Spiffae said:
I know exactly what you mean, EC. I feel the same way... i'm counting on a few things to keep me going:

1. sdk/benchmark or something at E3
2. release date at E3
3. a great presentation.

I am a bit concerned though... we are all so obsessed by this game... we've memorized the binks, we know every frame, every line, we've shown all our friends... this year's E3 has got to be simply spectacular, or else it's going to be a sad day on these forums.

I think that if anyone can make the game Half-Life 2 promises to be, it's Valve... i just hope they've done it.

Amen.

I totally agree with you on all aspects.

I expect an interview, preview, videos, or screenshots of Team Fortress 2 this year. I mean their shirts of HL2 and TF2 were all in those pictures when those ppl went to visit valve...they must be planning to hand those out at E3 or when the games ship, TF2 will be at E3, have faith.

Spiffae said:

That is simply the best way to put how I feel. I don't think anything could make the hype go down, unless of course Gabe announced the master disc was smashed or something.

Back whenever it was assured that Half-Life 2 wouldn't make it before this E3, it seemed so long until E3 would come. All of a sudden, without noticing it, E3 is just a couple days away. Almost as exhilarating as watching the 600(?) mb shaky-cam video from the past E3 for the first time. I love this feeling. :cheers:

Back