Striders?

All I hope is that ropes are manipulatable or able to be manipulated in mods. That could create amazingly interesting gameplay. If you have listened to Valve, they state they want to keep some stuff secaret. Heres to hoping.

Shuzer said:
Striders are allergic to water, so you need to whip out the good ol' Super Soaker to take them down! :)

mario sunshine here we come. :rolling:

daveodeth said:
mario sunshine here we come. :rolling:

Oh God, Me hears that that games was messed up. :imu: :bonce: :rolling: :cheers:

Hazar Dakiri said:
Yeah, that seems right.

It better not take more than 4 missiles to take them down!

yeah i prefer huge enemies that can be taken down with a well placed shot to the weak spot or in the "nads" as i like to call it.

romeo0201 said:
Oh God, Me hears that that games was messed up. :imu: :bonce: :rolling: :cheers:

it was great fun just not as good as Mario64, i can just imagine the title screen "it'sa meeaa gooordan"

The reason I doubt the ropes will be able to do that is. what if mainupolate the rope in the car and then you drive fast? would the enemies fall over? would the enemies that got hit by the rope be decapitated? These questions make it seem less likely because it seems too CPU intensive

I don't think you can use the manipulator while in the "car" (I'm gonna assume you mean the buggy)...

you have different things to concentrate on...like driving.

like trying to change a cd

...and hitting the gutter

...and sliding out

:angry:

Using a mobile phone/smoking/eating/drinking like all the other RESPONSIBLE drivers out there that do it.

Hazar Dakiri said:
Yeah, that seems right.

It better not take more than 4 missiles to take them down!

What? Are you kidding me? They'd be freaking easy then! NO. I WANT THEM BADASS MOTHERF'RS TO HAVE LOTS OF FAT ON THEM :D :afro:

Hahaha

say that when all you have is shotgun ammo!

Although, the manipulator should be key in taking them down.

romeo0201 said:
The reason I doubt the ropes will be able to do that is. what if mainupolate the rope in the car and then you drive fast? would the enemies fall over? would the enemies that got hit by the rope be decapitated? These questions make it seem less likely because it seems too CPU intensive

Umm, no, not at all, same idea as the engine with props on it or the saw blades, simply physics calculations and "IF AND OR THEN" statements... nothing cpu intensive at all.

mirageacg said:
Umm, no, not at all, same idea as the engine with props on it or the saw blades, simply physics calculations and "IF AND OR THEN" statements... nothing cpu intensive at all.

Most of programming is IF THEN AND OR. :D

i look forward to taking down a strider with the help of the citizens. They are defeatable, we've seen them flinch in the E32004 video. Would be one hell of a battle though.

I hope someone makes a huge multiplayer map full of striders, buildings, open areas, buggys w/ gluon gun, etc. so we can have a huge multiplayer firefight against an army of striders. You wouldn't even have to make a mod, just a map! :smoking:

Back