Stuck again.

Privateer

Reaction score
What do I do?

hl2%202006-11-13%2019-47-36-98.jpg

hl2%202006-11-13%2020-07-53-96.jpg

Go back up the ladder, all the way to the top, then turn around and you'll be standing on a pipe. Turn left and run all the way down the pipe. You'll see a walkway to your right, jump onto it. Run down and turn to the left and you'll come into a room with a ton of pipes. Jump down the pipes until you get to the valve. Turn it, and everything starts to fill with water. Go back up the ladder and into where your screenshot is. Voila. :)

Edit: Ah ok you added the second screen. See that walkway with the railing? Get up there. ;)

Go back up the ladder, all the way to the top, then turn around and you'll be standing on a pipe. Turn left and run all the way down the pipe. You'll see a walkway to your right, jump onto it. Run down and turn to the left and you'll come into a room with a ton of pipes. Jump down the pipes until you get to the valve. Turn it, and everything starts to fill with water. Go back up the ladder and into where your screenshot is. Voila. :)

Edit: Ah ok you added the second screen. See that walkway with the railing? Get up there. ;)

if only he had showed the 2nd screenshot in the first place I coulda helped :frown:

Ihanks, done that Im here now and I can't find the valve.
hl2%202006-11-13%2020-21-02-96.jpg

hl2%202006-11-13%2020-37-35-48.jpg

It's not down on the bottom. Go to the top of the ladder and actually jump onto all those pipes you see, and start dropping down until you get to the valve.

It's not down on the bottom. Go to the top of the ladder and actually jump onto all those pipes you see, and start dropping down until you get to the valve.

found it thanks, did as you said, I went back to the other room, I got met by those flying things, I killed them, now Im back to the place of my 2nd screen,
stuck as usual, I'm crap at this level.

So if you turned the valve, from your second screen, get on that ladder, climb it down, dropping into the water. Then swim into that large hole/tunnel in the wall to get into the next room.

So if you turned the valve, from your second screen, get on that ladder, climb it down, dropping into the water. Then swim into that large hole/tunnel in the wall to get into the next room.
Ok thanks, Ive now here,

hl2%202006-11-13%2022-00-52-10.jpg

You know, the game might be a bit more enjoyable if you try for a while to find a path :). Then again, maybe you're already doing it, I don't know.

I'm pretty sure this is just before the headcrab area... you need to jump on one of the pipes and move on it. You'll, uh, jump down somewhere. Sorry, I don't remember the exact details here, someone else might - but jumping on one of the pipes and continuing on it was the way to go.

Start thinking more, and applying yourself to the game, this is relatively simple compared to some of the tasks the game will offer you further on. Try and adapt to the puzzles and you will be better prepared for the rest of the game.

as did i buddy, no help, nothing... thats half the fun, trying to figure out what to do next, its usually the most obvious thing... and the last place you'd think to look

Actually, the one with that valve/manhack room also stumped me. Don't know why, I figured out some harder things later without real trouble. Maybe because it was pretty early in the game and I still hadn't gotten used to its way of thinking fully.

Believe me I do try before I shout help, like now Ive spent at least 30 minutes trying to find this.
The walkthrough says this is next.
untitled.jpg

not for me this is and believe me I have looked.

hl2%202006-11-14%2000-37-25-79.jpg

it leads to a dead end.

Believe me I do try before I shout help, like now Ive spent at least 30 minutes trying to find this.
The walkthrough says this is next.
[ig]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.hamilton6000/hl2/untitled.jpg[/img]

not for me this is and believe me I have looked.

[ig]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.hamilton6000/hl2/hl2%202006-11-14%2000-37-25-79.jpg[/img]

it leads to a dead end.

Um, you have to swing around to the right where the tutorial says and park your boat near a ladder, climb up it and go around to the doorway.

I cannot believe someone is having so much problems with this game, most of the stuff is VERY easy to navigate through. If you're having problems via walkthroughs online, uggggh I suggest you get the Prima strategy guide then, its perfect.

I cannot believe someone is having so much problems with this game, most of the stuff is VERY easy to navigate through. If you're having problems via walkthroughs online, uggggh I suggest you get the Prima strategy guide then, its perfect.

Yeah this.

The game is literally a straight line from the train station to the citadel. Just keep moving forward and go over things, you can't make any wrong turns.

This reminds me of the first time I played this game. Just try to force your airboat over anything that looks like a ramp, and if an APC starts to fire at you hurry.

I know one section you will find up ahead had me stumped for hours. Personally, I am glad to help you with any problems you have, no matter how silly they sound. Im bored right now:frog:

This reminds me of the first time I played this game. Just try to force your airboat over anything that looks like a ramp, and if an APC starts to fire at you hurry.

I know one section you will find up ahead had me stumped for hours. Personally, I am glad to help you with any problems you have, no matter how silly they sound. Im bored right now:frog:

I wrongly asumed the dead end was the end, jumping the ramp on the mound before did the trick, it didnt say that on the visual walkthrough

Seriously though... the canals are almost entirely a straight line. In some cases it's possible to make the line even straighter than it already is. (i.e shooting the barrels from the harbour instead of fighting your way through the Combine Warehouse to open the gate)

Oh, and here's a hint. Don't live your airboat behind. Some people have done that and gotten very stumped. You need the boat for the entire chapter.

Oh, and here's a hint. Don't live your airboat behind. Some people have done that and gotten very stumped. You need the boat for the entire chapter.

I'm here now, Ive done quite well considering.
hl2%202006-11-14%2015-47-38-85.jpg

I suffer from Ataxia, so my coordination is shit, steering that boat was hard, trying to stay on the pipes are impossible for me, Ive tried loads of times and different techniques, I cant get past.
I have a carer who is a good gamer ill get him to do it.

Seriously though... the canals are almost entirely a straight line. In some cases it's possible to make the line even straighter than it already is. (i.e shooting the barrels from the harbour instead of fighting your way through the Combine Warehouse to open the gate)

But its full of bizzare obstacles. I constantly thought that the way forward was a dead end, and starting driving around listlessly. Like the point with the two APCs where you have to blow up the entrance to the container to continue. After half an hour, I noticed the ramp you jump off to reach the next tunnel. After following the ramp back looking for the entrance, I saw it led to an indestructible wall. I did see the exploding barrels in the container, but I assumed the door was indestructible like the ones on every other container. I spent maybe an hour trying to smash my airboat onto the ramp, up to the tunnel, backtracking to find another way out.

I'm here now,

hl2%202006-11-14%2016-57-36-73.jpg

I got stuck playing Splinter Cell Double agent, so I started this, IO must say this is much better.

Ok, seriously, are you just taking screen shots and saying where you are? Because there is no way you are stuck in your most recent shot.

Ok, seriously, are you just taking screen shots and saying where you are? Because there is no way you are stuck in your most recent shot.

Sorry m8, I'm not stuck now, thats my current place I got to.

I suffer from Ataxia, so my coordination is shit, steering that boat was hard,

Do you use a mouse,or something else?

If you have ataxia,then you are likely to overshoot target distances in movements(dysmetria in medcal lingo ), so decreasing the sensitivity of the mouse to minimum will help.

Glad to help anytime. Have fun playing THE GREATEST FPS EVER MADE!!!

But its full of bizzare obstacles. I constantly thought that the way forward was a dead end, and starting driving around listlessly. Like the point with the two APCs where you have to blow up the entrance to the container to continue. After half an hour, I noticed the ramp you jump off to reach the next tunnel. After following the ramp back looking for the entrance, I saw it led to an indestructible wall. I did see the exploding barrels in the container, but I assumed the door was indestructible like the ones on every other container. I spent maybe an hour trying to smash my airboat onto the ramp, up to the tunnel, backtracking to find another way out.

That one was a bitch. It took me SO long to figure out to blast off the doors... even got stuck the second time i played it. ><

Hmm, Privateer? Just keep driving onwards mate. And tell if you're stuck - I don't mind helping, it makes me feel smart. :thumbs:

Do you use a mouse,or something else?

If you have ataxia,then you are likely to overshoot target distances in movements(dysmetria in medcal lingo ), so decreasing the sensitivity of the mouse to minimum will help.

Glad to help anytime. Have fun playing THE GREATEST FPS EVER MADE!!!

the mouse, but the boat required precision keyboard movement, something I'm no good at now, I even have a big-keys keyboard, trying to grab the mouse is funny, I swear it real, it keeps moving, once I've got him I use my thumb and little finger to stop hand jerks.

I have a GT7600 (256) with a dual core 1.8gb, and 2 GB ram, so my FPS is good.

Praviteer:
I a assuming that in the screenshot you are at the place were the truck is above you?
I believe there is a ramp somewhere over there. Look for the ramp and it's a piece of cake.

oh! duh! You said you're not stuck! haha! maybe i should read before I type :p

Back