Stuck at SandTrap

N

ncarbon

I am trying to shoot down the 2 gunships in the Complex but seem to get whacked each time. What is the trick? Difficult has added many hours of play!

TIA Ned

You on hard?
Find something to crouch behind, when you hear the gunships stop firing stant up and fire a rocket away from them then guide it towards the one you want to hit, keep doing this, it will be quite tricky.

Yeah I am on Difficult, way harder than Medium, I have been doing as you say, but I hit the dang thing like 8 times and still no go down, I as I try to boogy those Ant Lions are always in the way, I died last time because I blasted the Ant Lions instead of the Gunship, they really erked me!!
Ned

sorry cant giv anymore advice cos i havnt played that part on hard, as for the antlions just throw a bugbait rele far away so they rnt in the way.

Throw pheromone grenades up onto the prison rooves to get the antlions up there -- the gunships then will shoot at them (well... mostly) because they're closer.

Take your time circling the blue(?) container for cover while potting away at them. Try to down one at a time -- better to have one dead and an unwounded one shooting at you rather than two damaged but both still blazing away.

Wait until they start shooting (at something else!) before you break cover and launch a rocket at them. It doesn't appear as if they can change target once they open up with a burst from their cannons. They tend to shot down the rockets with ease otherwise.

Rocket box up top by the blue container, most of health packs are down below by the overturned trash bin and there's a heath recharger in the guard room. Shoot those blasted drums beforehand too -- before the gunships hit them and damage you by proxy.

You get into the prison through hole created by the large cylinder-tower thing (in between corner with the rocket crate and the mid-level guardroom) exploding and blowing a hole in the wall. If the gunships are proving too much trying blowing it out yourself with rockets/the exploding drums.

Back