studiomdl compiling problem

R

Ramza26

When I try to drag any .smd over the studiomdl compiler, it always gives me the "cannot find MaterialSystem.dll" error. Does this have to do with the recent update of Steam? Or, do I have to make the .vtfs and place them in the right directory? Also, which directory should the .smd's be in or does it not matter? (I've read something about putting them in a sourcesdk subdirectory)

If you can help, thanks.

Try moving the .smd to a modelsrc folder in your mod folder or to sourcesdk\modelsrc in SteamApps subfolder (or somethng similar, can't remember the exact foldername).

why are you dragging smd's onto the studiomdl compiler?

why are you dragging smd's onto the studiomdl compiler?

I don't think he is I think he just worded it badly. Im not im using a normal .qc files

Yeah sorry I meant qc's... like compiling models altogether. Getting that error is pretty discouraging, especially after like 100 or so times.

Yeah, I did and I even tried re-downloading the SDK just to make sure. But thanks I'll try your file.

I normally put the smd in the modelsrc folder and the materials in the folder materials of my mod. Then i especify in the qc the location of the qc and the folder fo the materials. I run the studiocompile with the command prompt:

cd %sourcesdk%
cd bin
studiomdl c:\programas\valve\steam\steamapps\labpsicom\sourcesdk_content\hl2\modelsrc\something.qc

Back