Stun stick and Slam in next version of HL2DM

Yea, but what about the stun strike thing for the stun baton?

Unless the crowbar is more powerful for balancing reasons...

Glo-Boy said:
You're doin' it all wrong. I had the same problem myself. What you have to do is roll the grenade and as soon as you drop it, press g and it should automatically pull out the gravity gun. Should be fairly instantaneous if you do it right.

Yes, but dropping the grenade in the first place takes time cos you have to switch from a previous weapon.

Danimal said:
Yea, but what about the stun strike thing for the stun baton?

Unless the crowbar is more powerful for balancing reasons...
valve is pretty good at balancing, and remember, combine footsteps are louder than the rebels, so there could be the balancing. Or they might just remove the stun batons special effects, or it will use armor and be a secondary fire.

From what I've heard about the stolen build, the stunstick and crowbar are nearly identical.

If the baton does have more power than the crowbar, it'll probably be balanced out due to the 'glow' effect, the noise it makes, and the fact that dropped stunsticks can be picked up as weak suit batteries.

I guess you are right, Mechagodzilla.

What's the point of having the stunstick and the crowbar?

I hope they'll release the update soon, can't wait to kill people with the good old crowbar. :)

Btw wouldn't it be cool if you could pick up the enemys crowbar or stunstick after you killed the person and fight on with useing 2 of them at the same time. :p

zodiak said:
Btw wouldn't it be cool if you could pick up the enemys crowbar or stunstick after you killed the person and fight on with useing 2 of them at the same time. :p
That would indeed be cool, but I doubt it will be done :(

May be an easy mod to code tho :thumbs:

Stunstick = combine
Crowbar = rebels

Power = equal.

Finger said:
"be good if the revised the grenade also. It's useless as it is"

The grenade is very powerful if you learn to pick it up and throw with Gravity Gun. It's the first thing I go for, when i spawn....far from useless.

Quoted for truth.

zodiak said:
I hope they'll release the update soon, can't wait to kill people with the good old crowbar.
I second that. The crowbar is HL's signature weapon. Automatics and explosives come and go, but ol' faithful remains...

On a slightly related note, I'm looking forward to lag fixes. I've been on a LAN before, and 10-20 minutes into the game people start teleporting. On a LAN. That, and ladders are very annoying too. Hopefully Valve will take care of that.

But don't forget that the HL2DM SDK is to be released very soon as well, along with their new game type... it is a very good week to be playing hl2dm.

Back