stupid hl2 water

Half-life 3?
Uh, don’t you guys want Valve to make something original after doing HL2?

that is impossibe with todays hardware and capabilities.

Nothings Impossible.....

/Me * Splashes in Dynamic Water code he has hidern from prying eyes

Edit: YAY it worked!

Originally posted by Mr.Reak
Half-life 3?
Uh, don’t you guys want Valve to make something original after doing HL2?

Because it carries on the story doesnt mean it wont be original. It wont just be a copy of the others, it will have more and add alot to the story. You could think of it as one giant super game. Perhaps we will get to venture out to another planet which inst xen as well as doing some more on earth. Its like he said. Theres nothing wrong with it so why bother changing it. Perhaps Half-Life 4 may be going over the top, but if HL 3 is as good as Hl1 and what Hl2 looks like i dont see why they couldnt do a 4th instalment.

Originally posted by Farrowlesparrow
Because it carries on the story doesnt mean it wont be original. It wont just be a copy of the others, it will have more and add alot to the story. You could think of it as one giant super game. Perhaps we will get to venture out to another planet which inst xen as well as doing some more on earth. Its like he said. Theres nothing wrong with it so why bother changing it. Perhaps Half-Life 4 may be going over the top, but if HL 3 is as good as Hl1 and what Hl2 looks like i dont see why they couldnt do a 4th instalment.

Unlike Doom III, which is just retelling the same story, except with better shadows and lighting effects.

and a new concept in sneaky fear instead of adrenaline rushing trough the levels. It wont be just the SAME game but with better graphics, the story is now present in the game and you walk alot slower. also you will have sarge (from Q3A) giving you information about sertain stuff you have to do in order to complete your mission of freeing mars from the hellspawn's

It will be fun!

I think that when u hit the water the cpu should randomly choose an animation of the water rising up and then a random noise should be played of splashing that suits me fine i dont need any realistic stuff. But dripping sounds kool and footprints should form which is pretty basic. And of course slipping over on wet floors not just sliding but tripping over that would be pretty cool.

tripping over water is annoying and frustrating

/me runs from combine and you slip on water and you fall.

And you said yourself that you dont want realistic stuff.

I am talking about new things, new characters, new everything.

i am talking lot's of alyx's to kill, thousands of unique weapons, atom precise gib/gore system. 300000000 watt speakers

No way it would be well funny tripping over+ i didnt say that i didnt want it realistic i just said that realistic water is pointless. Ne way tripping over water should only happen if ure sprinting if there is such thing and when ure running or walking u just slide/nothing happens. but that is if there is a sprint option.

Perhaps after Hl3 they will do a new thing. But its like Lord of the Rings The fellowship of the ring. A very good book on its own, but all three together are amazing. I would very much like them to carry onto Hl4 so long as the story doesn't go stale. I would also like them to create a new game. But i think that Gordon and his escapades have become somewhat of a cult thing about many, so valve are not likely to throw it away soon.

Back