Sulkdodds Artwork (Half-Life2.net: The Comic)

Sulkdodds

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Yes, the actual comic this time. :D

There are two versions: unedited and also with text for those who can't (or don't want to) read my crappy handwriting.

So, without further ado, let me please present:

Page 1!
Page 2!
Page 1 with typed captions!
Page 2 with typed captions!

Note: Sorry for making this a seperate thread but the other one was already four pages in. Mods: feel free to relocate this comic and delete the thread, change the name or whatever you want, short of deleting the actual comic. ;)

A cover and pages 3 + 4 to come soon!

That is seriously too awesome, dude. :D Make more! I could suggest some topics to cover once you're done with the one you're doing, too. Like:

Politics Board (cut-throat action)
The Spoiler Attacks
Newbie forum spammers ;)
Princess_Jen :angel:

I could probably think of more, too :p

I'm SMOKING! :D

Note: I do not in any way condone smoking or any other use of tobacco products.

• SURGEON GENERAL’S WARNING: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, and May Complicate Pregnancy.

• SURGEON GENERAL’S WARNING: Quitting Smoking Now Greatly Reduces Serious Risks to Your Health.

• SURGEON GENERAL’S WARNING: Smoking by Pregnant Women May Result in Fetal Injury, Premature Birth, and Low Birth Weight.

• SURGEON GENERAL’S WARNING: Cigarette Smoke Contains Carbon Monoxide. :D

wooo hoo! that rules!
awsome job sulkdodds.

cant wait for more!

Sulkdodds said:

There are two versions: unedited and also with text for those who can't (or don't want to) read my crappy handwriting.

Page 1!
Page 2!

Note: Sorry for making this a seperate thread but the other one was already four pages in. Mods: feel free to relocate this comic and delete the thread, change the name or whatever you want, short of deleting the actual comic. ;)

hahaha that really is cool!

Erestheux said:
That is seriously too awesome, dude. :D Make more! I could suggest some topics to cover once you're done with the one you're doing, too. Like:

Politics Board (cut-throat action)
The Spoiler Attacks
Newbie forum spammers ;)
Princess_Jen :angel:

I could probably think of more, too :p
What about the arena? :naughty:

:D Thanks all. I'd like to know, do you prefer the typed text or my messy handwriting? Also, good idea, Erestheux. Sorry if the inking's a little crappy, guys, that was actually the first time I ever bothered to ink anything. It went okay, considering. Next two pages coming soon (tomorrow, like I said :D).

yes,yes. we all know its great.

but let me remind you of the TRAILER!

:D :D :D

praise me.

Sulkdodds said:
:D Thanks all. I'd like to know, do you prefer the typed text or my messy handwriting? Also, good idea, Erestheux. Sorry if the inking's a little crappy, guys, that was actually the first time I ever bothered to ink anything. It went okay, considering. Next two pages coming soon (tomorrow, like I said :D).
Thanks, and I prefer your writing, since the typy-ness is a bit out of place, I think. Perhaps you could just try to write neater? :) I love it, though.

Suicide42 said:
praise me.
/me praises Suicide42

'mazing, funny fine print you got in the first pannel. I think I see goatse there somehow.

There are a few other 'gems' in there as well. Like: 'killer dolphins? wtf?'

I love it! The guy getting banned was great, and it was cool to see how you drew everything. Keep up the good work.

I wish I really were able to procure a copy on release day.
At least my avatar is living the dream! :p

Haha, that totally rocks the house. And then the house explodes.

I laughed so hard when I saw Spud with a body :D looks like the dude off Dad's Home.

Edit - Haha, short controlled bursts, that rules :D

Sulkdodds said:

Page 1!
Page 2!

YES!! I love me in page 1!!!
You're awesome!

Im so tempted to make that my avatar

SpuD said:
YES!! I love me in page 1!!!
You're awesome!

Im so tempted to make that my avatar
you should, it looked awesome, lol

edit: bahahhaa, I just noticed simmo, thats ****ing genius!

lol @ "reasoned debate boys, short controlled bursts"

nice work :)

Haha, that's brilliant...

You ink straight on to a pencil sketch? Great effect... actually looks better without colour too. And you're not the only one who feels the need to replace written text with computed fonts... :x

*goes back to giggling at the avatar interpretations*

Thanks guys! Right, as promised, here’s the third and fourth pages:

Comic page 3!
Comic page 4!

No typed versions this time, I’m lazy and I don’t have time. :rolleyes: The writing is neater anyway.

Thanks for the comments everybody, I’d like to know what you think of the new pencil shading. Pencil shading as well as inking? Madness! Page 4 is a little fuzzy (problems with the scanner software) but it should be okay.

Another page tomorrow, and two more a few days later (I have an exam of Thursday). Enjoy the comic, guys. There’s plenty more to come. :D

brilliant! this is the best comic ever!

more more more more

the pencil shading and inks are awsome, keep up the good work!

LOL, I LOVE the reference to Enemy at the Gates. 'The man with the keyboard types. The man without the keyboard follows...'

Brilliant.

:( first to die...and I dont even go into general(hl2) discussion. The great carrot should resurrect those who die in battle!

:D crazyharij and cybersheep are great

AHHHH!!!!

"The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them."
-Lois McMaster Bujold

Hold the line!! ;( :sniper:

/me salutes :imu:

Amazing comic! Good work!

Could someone tell me what that music is in the trailer for the comic? It sounds very familiar . . .

I can't wait to see the rest of the comic!Good work dude!

Hahaha excellent work man, this is some hillarious stuff. Sounds allot like a story that was going before 30 Sept '03.

Hahaha excellent work man, this is some hillarious stuff. Sounds allot like a story that was going before 30 Sept '03.

It is in fact based on 'The Message Board Prophecy' which might be what you meant. Anybody remember the leak? Those were bad times. One dared not enter the general forum.

Hey, it's tuesday! And people are still on the forum! And it hasn't spontaneously combusted. Looks like I was wrong. :D

OR WAS I?!? :eek:

Don't worry, Torso boy. Your spirit will live on. ;)

Back