Supreme Commander Demo on Monday ?

Has anyone got a link to the lastest crack that isn't filefactory cos I can never download from sites like that (always says i've gone over my download limit, when ive never even been to filefactory before!!) - I really want to get my ass kicked by the ai!

Is the crack legal? If it isn't don't ask for it here.

I hope its all right to ask- i assumed it would be as gas powered games have said they dont mind people using the crack to play the beta.

I know the crack is just a few line changes in the .lua file- but i cant for the life of me find what to change to enable ai and the skirmish mode.

Can we get some more screens in here by any chance? :) <3

And they said we can use a cracked version of the game? Cool if its true :)

gpg is fine with it though they won't help you with any problems though you can post in the general beta forum with suggestions, etc.

i read the eula and it is not allowed [by thq] but since gpg is ok with it, don't worry.

Ok, just downloaded this and "cracked" it. Go into skirmish and I can't seem to add any AI. help? Where can I find the 2.7 patch... or has anyone got a link to a torrent with everything I need it that they can PM to me. Would appreciate it :)

Ran fine on my pc from what I played :)

The game runs fine initially... but when you start getting into it, it grinds to a slideshow halt.

Me and Peshmerga were playing against an easy AI... things were going smoothly for a while, but got progressively and progressively slower as the AI reached that 500 unit limit mark we had set(the lowest setting).

It was eventually for my computer, 3 frames per second.

Ok, just downloaded this and "cracked" it. Go into skirmish and I can't seem to add any AI. help? Where can I find the 2.7 patch... or has anyone got a link to a torrent with everything I need it that they can PM to me. Would appreciate it :)

Ran fine on my pc from what I played :)

I don't have the link anymore but there's an install on Fileplanet for the 2.7 version that doesn't require a key at all. Then there's a crack for that version out there somewhere that lets you play skirmish with AI and lan play.

The game runs fine for me until the computer/enemy and I start getting lots of units. Then the game becomes a damn slide show.

EDIT: Raziaar - My game lets me go down to a 50 unit max. When the enemy AI hit that max it was like it hit it's head on the ceiling and just stopped trying to fight me :p Then I nuked part of his city to destroy some of his units, then he began making petty tech 1 units again.

I don't have the link anymore but there's an install on Fileplanet for the 2.7 version that doesn't require a key at all. Then there's a crack for that version out there somewhere that lets you play skirmish with AI and lan play.

The game runs fine for me until the computer/enemy and I start getting lots of units. Then the game becomes a damn slide show.

EDIT: Raziaar - My game lets me go down to a 50 unit max. When the enemy AI hit that max it was like it hit it's head on the ceiling and just stopped trying to fight me :p Then I nuked part of his city to destroy some of his units, then he began making petty tech 1 units again.

Oh. I guess I didn't see the lower options. Just the 500 and beyond.

Anyone had any luck with dual monitors ? Mine simply says disabled for the secondary one in options.

Anyone had any luck with dual monitors ? Mine simply says disabled for the secondary one in options.

Found this on other forums.

First, set your secondary monitor information in-game.

Then, go to C:\Documents and Settings\(your screen name here)\Local Settings\Application Data\Gaspowered\SupremeCommander

Find the game.prefs, and open it up in notepad. Scroll down to where it says secondary_adapter = 'disabled', in the first group of nested options.

replace that with secondary_adapter = '[resolution],[refresh rate]',

In my case it was secondary_adapter = '1024,768,60',
If that doesn't work, here is an alternate way.

There's actually a much more elegant way to do it.
ON GPGNet, click on the Tools button at the top, then click on Options.

Now click on Supreme Commander and on the right side you'll see a list of entries - one of them is CommandLineArgs.

Click on the empty text box next to it. Here you can enter all command-line arguments.

The one for dual-screen in Supreme Commander is:

/dualhead x y a b

where you replace x y with the resolution for the primary screen, and replace a b with the resolution for the secondary screen.

For example, if you want
- your primary screen to run at 1600x1200
- your second monitor to run at 1280x1024

you would type

/dualhead 1600 1200 1280 1024

Bear in mind that dual-monitor mode takes more out of your PC. It will likely take some hit on the game's frame rate.

Per the beta Readme.txt, you can change the input focus
Numeric keypad 0 == set the input focus to primary screen
Numeric keypad 1 == set the input focus to secondary screen.

Is anyone else sucking at this game like i am? Every time i played, i have lost, even on Easy and Turtle AI. Also, anyone else notice how the games go for hours? I hope they include a game-type in the final version where things are built twice as fast, or something.

I also hope they do something about the performance, by late-game it turns into a slideshow.

BTW guys, I read that if you disable your soundcard, fps lag would be mostly eliminated, or atleast the slow fps grind to a halt condition. Something to do with a memory leak with certain soundcards. No sound -.- but it will help I suppose.

kouler, ta matches lasted for a long time too vs ai so i'm not suprised.

tenaciousplo, i'm thinking of trying that to see if there is any difference but i think i'm one of the lucky ones.

i've played a lot and i'm way better now, i can beat easy ai, lol..

I've gotten better too.

I'm just about as good as the easy AI, and its turned into one huge porc fest because neither of us is good enough to break each others lines, lol. Evenentually I'll get good enough to beat him.

MAJOR MAJOR LAG after like 30 minutes though...I will try disabling sound...but that will detract from the experience. Currentley I am slowing gamespeed to -5 and watching the battles play out in slow motion...its pretty frustrating, but at least its playable.

The Aeon are much easier to handle than the Cybrans. They have very few good offensive units (besides the galactic collosuss and the tsar, neither of which the easy AI deploys) but they have AMAZING static defenses, and I am not even kidding. They have this missile defense weapon that speeds across the ground with 100 percent accuracy and can take a commander down to 30 percent health. They've also got a beam-o-death defense weapon that can take out a heavy tank in one shot.

Those spider crawler things are just awesome. the way they devastate the enemy units is just crazy. It's FAR FAR FAR more accurate than depicted in the trailers too...

And what the **** is up with the experimental mobile artillery cannon thing by the same race? Every time it deploys, my energy goes into crazy fluctuations from normal to -70000

It's so not worth those energy fluctuations which basically render you with no energy.

boo fileplanet
i can't believe this game is coming soon though....tis wonderful

Stormy is that re.. real ? I've built one of those bad boys before but never tried to stock it, that's insane.

I have no idea how many you can fit in! The only reason i stoped was because i reached my unit limit. I think there where around 150 craft in there befor i ran out of cap.

I have no idea how many you can fit in! The only reason i stoped was because i reached my unit limit. I think there where around 150 craft in there befor i ran out of cap.

Holy hell, that's insane.

defult is 500 but i think it goes up to 50,000 that or 5000

So what is the unit cap?

Yep... You can go from 50, to 500, to 5000, to 50000.

Can you imigine battles of several players who each have 50,000 units? That would require some unbelievably powerful computers.

And yay! I just got my cd key from fileplanet.

Back